Agora Tease

By wkell, October 1, 2011

From Agora Financial, ”10-86 ’gaspump payback’ plans”
Could this refer to several oil trusts?

11 Comments on " Agora Tease"

srarias
srarias
October 1, 2011 8:23 pm

For what I gather it looks like the tease has something to do with Master Limited Partnerships.
Which ones specifically? I leave that to our resident guru: Travis Johnson

DiAne Fischer
DiAne Fischer
October 2, 2011 1:15 pm

Can you give more info on the 10-86 plans being “teased” by Agora? They always give the payouts people supposedly receive but never the original or total investment made to get the payout. Thanks.

Lou
Lou
October 2, 2011 4:34 pm

I found the following:
It was published in 2009 but might get you started.

Jack Vandelaar
Jack Vandelaar
October 3, 2011 1:02 am

Jim Nelson is talking aboutthe 10-86 plans and other money making ideas, is he to be trusted?

ssilber1@juno.com
ssilber1@juno.com
October 2, 2011 11:20 pm

Publicly treaded limited partnerships have many tax hazards that can be very significant and should be avoided at all costs. Section 754 of the Tax Code is very tricky and not something most people should tangle with.

Travis Johnson, Stock Gumshoe
Admin
October 4, 2011 1:31 pm

Thanks for the prodding, folks — in case you didn’t see it, I just wrote the 10-86 plans up yesterday here: http://stockgumshoe.com/reviews/lifetime-income-report/gaspump-revenge-thanks-to-reagan-using-10-86-payback-plans/

Joe Pandit
Joe Pandit
October 7, 2011 4:38 pm

I do not understand the tax hazards of MLP. Worst can be that all income may be treated as ordinary income. So 10% from MLP might be equivalent to 6% after tax income. It is still better than .5% offered by banks

Travis Johnson, Stock Gumshoe
Admin
October 7, 2011 5:26 pm

My sentiment is that it tends to be more of a “tax pain in the arse” than a “tax hazard” as a small investor, but that may not be the same for everyone.

jerseygirl726
jerseygirl726
October 23, 2011 10:13 am
HAH! I loved the way it sounded and actually fell for it, but since they accept only credit card payments (not debit card, even though you pay for the whole year all at once), I was going to contact them and see if we could work this out somehow. So I began doing research on Agora. First thing that pops up is this SEC lawsuit against them (Civil Action No. MJG 03 CV 1042). Even just scanning through the first two pages, the SEC has absolutely nothing good to say about them. They also own something called “Pirate Investors.” I… Read more »
BerkLee
BerkLee
January 28, 2012 3:28 pm

Thsi was a 2002 suit directed at Porter Stansberry, who wrote for Agora at that time, but is no longer with Agora. Stansberry now operates his own newsletter publication group, Stansberry Investment Advisory. I am not certain if this event which occurred 10 years ago is at all relevant to the current line up at Agora. DISCLAIMER: I do not have any financial interest in Agora and am not related to anyone who works at Agora. I do subscribe to a number of their newsletters.

joe mato
joe mato
May 13, 2012 10:28 am

MLP’s do give you tax advantages as you have dividends written down as return of capital
which are capital gains if and when you sell them. You also get tax info and can use Turbotax to load in the info. I loaded it with HRBlocks software with no problem. You can
also put these in a Roth IRA and avoid the paperwork. I presently have MLP’s in a Roth IRA
and in brokerage accounts.

wpDiscuz