Jeff Clark on Options Trading

By mannaharvest7, December 5, 2011

Claims to have proven success using Key secret to identifying Option Plays. Used to be money manager – San Francisco California. Currently publishes “Short Report” with Stansberry & Associates, with $3000 per year subscription. Anyone out there who can refute or validate his claims?

35 Comments on " Jeff Clark on Options Trading"

coinwhore
December 5, 2011 11:25 pm

Not at $3000 a subscription …

Jeefu
Jeefu
December 7, 2011 9:08 pm

People, go back and read the comments on this site about Jeff Clark’s earlier incarnation of his option techniques under different secret names. One reader had the patience to back-test his trades for a whole year and discovered all was not as advertised, since he never mentions the losses or the difficulty of trading at his emailed price or various other problems that kept the track record in a pathetic state.

Shaw
Shaw
March 15, 2012 11:48 am

I know about Jeff Clark’s claims, and I have been wondering if anyone bothered to keep track of his option recommendations over the course of a year. I knew the results would not be good if he was objectively put on the record–it is clearly a scam.
I couldn’t find the comments you mention. Do you have a link?

Bob
Bob
December 9, 2011 8:17 am

My experience with Jeff Clark was a push. His winners made up for his losers but didn’t increase my bank account. The expectation when sending him $3,000 was that my earnings would increase,not flatline. After a few months I called and canceled. They were courteous and polite,didn’t try too hard to talk me out of it,and sent my refund quickly.

candice
candice
February 2, 2012 8:10 am

Bob, did they issue a full refund??

Gerald Boysen
Gerald Boysen
September 27, 2012 9:31 pm

Less 10% refund fee. See my blog in September.

Stansberry CS
Stansberry CS
March 13, 2012 9:25 am

If you have any questions about Stansberry and Associates, please do not hesitate to call customer service at 1-888-261-2693. We would be happy to assist you. We are open Monday – Friday 9-5 EST.

13500 N. Rancho Vistoso Blvd. #439, Oro Valley, AZ
13500 N. Rancho Vistoso Blvd. #439, Oro Valley, AZ
September 4, 2012 5:21 pm

Are you the Jeff Clark that came to our villa a year or so ago? If so, I am selling large picture books of Russia. Pleas contact me.

Jan McGary

David Shults
David Shults
September 7, 2012 3:20 pm

Well, what’s the LATEST on this fellow?
Stansberry’s “tease” is complelling (they have great marketeer-writers) BUT they don’t REALLY give much INFORMATION: E.g., What SIZE portfolio is needed, and what LEVELs of Options Trading Permission are required to make full use of Clark’s techniques, etc. ?
BTW: The fee is now an exorbitant $4000! SCARY!!
Is ANY Gumshoe subscriber out there ALSO a subscriber to Clark’s “S&A Short Report?”

Gerald Boysen
Gerald Boysen
September 27, 2012 9:35 pm
I was a subscriber in April when the fee was $3k. The first issue is what level are you qualified for with your broker. If you do not qualify for “puts” you will have few trades with Clark. I had six call options, and made money on four lost on two, and my net profit was $370. It prompted me to wonder if I was even going to make my $3,000 back after twelve months. Before the end of my 3 month trial period, they were already talking about the $4k subscription renewal. I was in a no win situation… Read more »
Ej
Ej
November 14, 2012 10:50 pm

Can you recommend any?

rigdale
November 15, 2012 8:02 am

I live 3rd Friday to 3rd Friday. I like “The Covered Call Analyzer” which is paid for month to month and runs about $20/month. I wish there was something similar for puts.

EJ
EJ
November 15, 2012 1:30 pm

Thanks!

Jake
April 8, 2014 6:07 pm

Do you know what their win/loss recommendations rate is?

BAD
BAD
December 3, 2012 1:25 pm
I recently closed my subscription with the Short Report. My initial trade was good (gold ETF) and I made 50%. From there it was hit or miss. Some energy trades tanked, some technology tanked, a commodity trade went as predicted etc… Seemed the only ones with a chance of being correct were gold/oil plays and only a % of those No, one can predict with perfect accuracy but for 3K I expect you to beat my own record. The clincher for me was when SA came out with a video touting yet another “extremely successful, self made options trader” who… Read more »
Kurt
May 27, 2013 6:00 am

BAD, I am interested in learning about selling puts. Can you suggest any web sites or sources of info to learn about this?
Thnx

todd
todd
April 23, 2013 3:31 pm

Thank you for all your reponses. I was just about to pay $3000. Thank you for saving me the pain of losing it.

TA

Jon Freeman
Jon Freeman
May 19, 2013 2:35 am

I tried this from the UK. Consistently failed to get the options at the price recommended. Cancelled my subscription for the refund less 10%. Not snake oil exactly, but seriously hyped in my view.

don johnston
don johnston
May 16, 2013 2:55 pm

I read Clark’s new publication called the Pro Trader. It sounded great and I was tempted to sign up until I got wise and read the letters from previous customers. Snake oil? Whoever writes the copy does a good job.

AlB
May 16, 2013 4:53 pm

I was with Clark for a few months. The first gold index call made a few hundred but when the next one lost a thousand i realized that his so-called indicators were just guess-work. I no longer trust any “advisor” who claims he can make you consistent money by playing options. They get lucky sometimes but the overall trend is that they’re wrong and will lose money over the course of their ill-advised subscription.

rew
rew
August 26, 2013 8:42 pm

S&A Pro Trader will lose you money just as fast as the S&A Short Report. Maybe faster. Jeff Clark recommended a lot of long trades on gold stocks just before gold went from $1500 to $1200. Every trade was a disaster.

John
John
January 25, 2014 7:39 pm
Report Post# 1 Anyone had any experience with this one from Stansberry & Associates? Here’s the teaser e-mail: ————————————————————————————————- Dear DailyWealth Reader, Becoming a millionaire can take an entire lifetime of building wealth… often right up through retirement… But there’s one small group of people who don’t like to wait. And for the past 3 years, they’ve had the chance to collect huge one-day payouts –every Monday morning – thanks to an amazing secret. See below for the surprising details… http://www1.youreletters.com/t/1439579/30780766/841974/0/ —————————————————————————————- According to the teaser web page JC is able to make phenomenal gains in short order for clients… Read more »
nelsarita
nelsarita
January 30, 2014 5:48 pm

Has anyone actually done well with Jeff clark???

Steve-O
Steve-O
February 13, 2014 2:00 pm

I have been close to the edge on getting the Short Report from Jeff, but reading this makes me nervous. As Jerry has asked – has ANYONE had success? I am a Stansberry subscriber to a few of their newsletters and I gotta say it has been WELL worth it. The education has been priceless and I have made decent money on their stock picks. So, my thought process was – Short Report should work too? (I admit I am fairly ignorant on the topic of Options).

Gerald Boysen
Gerald Boysen
February 13, 2014 8:54 pm
Steve, Here is my 9/27/12 post: “1. Gerald Boysen says: September 27, 2012 at 9:35 pm I was a subscriber in April when the fee was $3k. The first issue is what level are you qualified for with your broker. If you do not qualify for “puts” you will have few trades with Clark. I had six call options, and made money on four lost on two, and my net profit was $370. It prompted me to wonder if I was even going to make my $3,000 back after twelve months. Before the end of my 3 month trial period,… Read more »
Brett
Brett
February 13, 2014 3:06 pm

Steve – O: If you have the patience to learn options, I would take the $3000 and use it to open a trading account. The basic principles are simple enough and you will learn more by actually doing than just taking someones advice (my previous experience was documented above)

Goromo
Goromo
March 12, 2014 5:40 am
Anybody have information on the “Hestla Heist”? The tease at streetauthority.com is “How To Legally ‘Steal’ Thousands Of Dollars From Wall Street”. Amber Hestla claims her newsletter “Income Trader” (apparently published by Profitable Trading) will enable easy profits by “stealing” the losses from rich but foolish options “gamblers” who can’t resist betting that a stock like Google will lose 75% of its value in a week. The rate is $1,000 for a year or $2,000 for two years with a 50-54% discount to start. Here’s the full URL for the sales pitch (minus the tracking info for the email campaign… Read more »
Lynn Clark, Stock Gumshoe
Admin
September 16, 2014 7:33 pm

We just covered the Hestla Heist tease. You can see it here: http://www.stockgumshoe.com/reviews/income-trader/whats-the-hestla-heist/

jhret94
jhret94
March 28, 2014 3:47 pm

Also, looking for info on the ‘HESTLA HEIST”.

Lynn Clark, Stock Gumshoe
Admin
September 16, 2014 7:33 pm

Hi John:
Here’s our article on the Hestla Heist: http://www.stockgumshoe.com/reviews/income-trader/whats-the-hestla-heist/

Gerald Boysen
Gerald Boysen
April 9, 2014 12:41 am
Understand these people are selling memberships to a financial newsletter. To make money they have to find different ways to give you the same financial results, by telling you different stories. With scare words and high flying stories as they want to sell a membership. All they do is change the name of the newsletter, to sound like a new way to make money. I’m also a member of her Income trading, which is all about trading PUTS. She will give you her recommendation of a trade. You will buy 100 shares of her recommended stock, sell to open her… Read more »
jbpetrillo
jbpetrillo
June 12, 2014 10:22 am
There appears to be some fundamental misunderstanding. “if the option price go up, your stocks are bought away from you, but at a discount, so you make money two ways. If this option goes to zero, yes you made money, but you are stuck with the stock.” However, if the Put price rises you have sold someone the “right” to SELL you more of the stock, not buy your lot away from you. For you, a “sell” transaction using options would only happen if you Buy-a-Put or Sell-a-Call. So if they option price goes up (the PUT that you sold)… Read more »
jbpetrillo
jbpetrillo
June 12, 2014 10:35 am

It still gives me no insight to Amber Hestla and her “Heist” strategy, without actually subscribing and paying the fees. Can anyone direct me to a synopsis and review of her plan for insight before I subscribe?

Lynn Clark, Stock Gumshoe
Admin
September 16, 2014 7:34 pm
arch1
April 9, 2014 4:30 am

As a caution be aware that if you sell a naked $50. put & it closes for $49.99 you will be assigned 100 shares at $50 for a cost to you of $5000.00

wpDiscuz