2012 where will the best opportunities to make money this year be?

By stan93, January 16, 2012

This is a discussion topic or guest posting submitted by a Stock Gumshoe reader. The content has not been edited or reviewed by Stock Gumshoe, and any opinions expressed are those of the author alone.

2012 where will the best opportunities to make money this year be?
I keep hearing cloud will be the place, I hear the Facebook IPO will be the biggest event for the markets in our lifetime, possibly ever. What I am seeking is more of a macro view of where the market is heading and what will be the biggest drivers of revenue based on what we know today and not based on speculation about the housing market recovering, yeah right…or the Eurozone meltdown, or my favorite the goldbug marching orders of the US Dollar going away. Is cyclical rotation still a real event or has this global economic slump changed the way this normally happens forever? I am open to all meaningful and as actionable suggestions, please be as specific as possible. Thank you and happy new year.

Leave a Reply

5 Comments on " 2012 where will the best opportunities to make money this year be?"

avatar

Joycefi
Guest
0
January 17, 2012 6:17 pm

How to win a rigged game. (Blackrock bought 32 million shares) Win when underground exchange (derivatives) goes live. Lee Lowell is the genius who knows.

What’s Travis’ take on this?

blufox
Member
12
January 18, 2012 7:26 pm
Stan as a long time reader of Donald Coxe with whom I have always had an intellectual affinity I, as does he, tend to invest primarily in commodity based stocks: Agriculture, Energy, and Mining making up 75% of my current investments with the remaining 25% consisting of 2 major drug co’s, 1 drug store company, 2 real estate companies one of which, ROIC, was gleaned from Travis, one mortgage REIT, one bank, and one Brazilian credit card Co. (Cielo) which I learned of via Travis. I have maintained this stance for around 12 years though the average holding period for… Read more »
blufox
Member
12
January 18, 2012 7:42 pm

I forgot to add several other stocks that comprise the 25%– BAK, BWC, MBLX, MMM, MWA, TXT.

wpDiscuz