STEVIA Natural Sweetener

By infinet, January 13, 2012

Stevia has been licensed for general sale and is being touted
as THE investment opportunity.
I have found three companies possibly of interest.
1. S&W Seed Company
2.GLGLife Tech Corp
3.Stevia Corp
Who knows more about these?
I have no doubt that emerging Stevia Market leaders offer
a tremendous opportunity for early investors……Any thoughts ??

gold

14 Comments on " STEVIA Natural Sweetener"

Travis Johnson, Stock Gumshoe
Admin
January 13, 2012 11:42 am
No one owns Stevia, it’s just a plant — it’s hard for me to see one of the small stevia sweetener companies growing dramatically in the US when the main competition is the hugely marketed Truvia, also derived (in part) from Stevia. I wouldn’t want to be one of the stevia product companies and try to compete against Cargill and Coke, who are behind Truvia. Truvia is already a huge part of the US non-sugar sweetener market, I think they’re in second place behind Splenda now (Pepsi has their own Stevia sweetener, too, don’t remember the name). Could be some… Read more »
Robert
Robert
July 17, 2012 6:43 pm

Today it was announced that the US heartland has suffered a flash drought. The result is a corn crop 10% the size it should be. What?! … did someone say short supply of High Fructose Corn Syrup?

jessfarr
jessfarr
January 13, 2012 1:41 pm

Coke / Cargill took to the field before the FDA approved and Pepsi waited . To the brave belongs the battle. Merisant Worldwide, the maker of PureVia, the stevia-derived sweetener to be used by beverage giant PepsiCo (and Equal), filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy on January 9.

blufox
January 13, 2012 3:58 pm
I have owned SANW as part of the Agricultural section of my porfolio, major areas being Agriculture, Energy, Mining. I have only a 9% growth over the year I held SANW– bought in Jan 2011. As for the others you cited, I would not invest in them. SANW is an agricultural seed company specializing in alfalfa varieties. In 2010 they became interested in Stevia production and planted a pilot crop in 2011. There is more info on the crop at Yahoo Finance, SANW, headlines for Nov 10, 2011. In Agriculture I own ADM, AGRO, AGT.TO, ANDE, BG, FRN.V, HNZ, NPL.V,… Read more »
David Montieth
David Montieth
January 13, 2012 8:18 pm

Stevia Corp. (STEV.OB) up 173% in just the last 3 days! (a/o 1/13/11). Think it can keep going up?

Travis Johnson, Stock Gumshoe
Admin
January 13, 2012 8:46 pm
If you. Can’t come up with a good reason for the stock to be doing well other than the fact that it’s being promoted by pump-and-dumpers, be mindful of the fact that it could easily drop 50% in a day when the pumpers sell. If you’re not sure who the sucker is that’s being taken advantage of, it’s probably you. Of course, a five cent stock that’s been promoted to $3 might also get pumped up to $5 … But gravity has its way eventually, and the only way to know for sure when a promotion campaign will stop and… Read more »
Booki
Booki
March 24, 2013 2:13 pm

There are a lot of penny stocks that are simply pump to dump stocks. stay away from them or you’ll learn a hurtful lesson when you lose it all.

michael v
michael v
January 21, 2012 11:56 am

stevia tanked this week down to 1.15 after 2.20 plus. set my stop loss at .03 below friday 13th close…but my trader account never triggered market order. oh weel.would have collected 2k on 800.00 investment.

Mohd Razak khan
Mohd Razak khan
January 16, 2012 1:28 am
They receive FDA approval to market the product in the USA.Here in Singapore, it’s not approved yet for sale but we can get it in neighbouring Malaysia.They have a 40% share in the Japanese market and is widely marketed in Europe.It is a good and healthy substitute for sugar.If they could get their act right, the sugar market could go topsy turvy.Anyway I am a novice,but have been following and shadowing the story and the company for about six months now.Got in 2 days after the news broke out,have doubled my dough at the moment.But could sure appreciate it if… Read more »
farmer gene
farmer gene
January 16, 2012 5:30 pm

I think your best bet would be Pure Circle–Pure on the London exchange or if you want the back door , look at Imperial Sugar.

dfishmon58
dfishmon58
January 17, 2012 1:49 am
I have held Stev for about 6 or 8 months now. Just small lots of 100 each. I got in early and have made some lunch money and have had my hopes dashed by this commentary. Better to hear it now then after purchasing a couple thousand shares at 9:30 Tuesday morning. That was my plan as I was pleasantly surprised by the rise and the promotional 12 page document I received in the mail on the very same day. I swear I saw it as an omen and immediately called my 86 year old father and told him he… Read more »
crookedneck
crookedneck
January 17, 2012 5:04 pm

STEV has been exposed as a big pump-n-dump and you can get the particulars here: http://www.pumpsanddumps.com/

John W
John W
March 22, 2012 5:58 pm

Don’t look at the stock! Look, or taste, the stuff! I use stevia here and there–it isn’t terrible, but iS FAR from a sugar substitute, which tastes clean like sucrose, and is not a harmful chemical, like sucralose, et al. Show me a company that has a patent on a new way of extracting the sweetener that eliminates all aftertaste, or a patent on some seeds from which the genetic components of after taste have been engineered (GMO) out and you have a winner.

Booki
Booki
March 24, 2013 2:15 pm

I read your article, I’m a fan. it’s my first time posting, I’ve always watch on the side.

wpDiscuz