Stevia sweetner STVF teaser

By ularry, March 21, 2012

sounds too good tbt teaser from Chuck Huges Microcap – comments??

7 Comments on " Stevia sweetner STVF teaser"

Travis Johnson, Stock Gumshoe
Admin
March 22, 2012 11:59 am

In my experience the Stevia pitches I’ve seen are all pump and dumps. Haven’t looked at this particular one, but there’s no reason to expect a stevia company to be particularly notable, it’s just a plant grown by many farmers — my guess is that the only emerging brands in the area are run by, and will continue to be run by, the majors, like Cargill’s Truvia, and if you don’t have a brand there’s not much point in owning anything related to a niche sweetener in my opinion.

General Chan
General Chan
March 24, 2012 2:36 am

You’re better off looking into STEV which I believe is the real deal. Got this from a Vietnamese news broadcast in relations to STEV.

stevenkemp1
stevenkemp1
May 15, 2012 6:58 pm

a lot of what i have heard says stevia of any kind should run up because coke and pepsi are coming out real soon with a whole line of stevia drinks. the problem is no one knows if they will be a success and the company that supplies the stevia to them is privately owned

Travis Johnson, Stock Gumshoe
Admin
May 15, 2012 7:45 pm
Truvia is privately owned by Cargill, and the Stevia plant is not secret or patented or anything, though Truvia is a special formulation of stevia that probably is somehow protected. For the stocks I’ve seen, this is not particularly different than saying you’re guying to buy a company that has plans to grow corn because corn will have a lot of buyers. Plans don’t mean assets or revenue or income, they are as cheaply made as promises. I don’t like to make broad pronouncements since I obviously haven’t studied every single company that’s touted as having some connection to the… Read more »
gigi1
January 26, 2015 9:16 am

I dropped about $20 Gand last year with 12 subscriptions and this the reason I’m a subscriber to stockgumshoe.trying to find truth in advertising. I would like some comments on STVF please. Chic

Travis Johnson, Stock Gumshoe
Admin
January 26, 2015 9:56 am
Hard to imagine how this company could be worth $30 million. Stevia is a plant, not something that can be owned, so you’d have to be confident that they genuinely have a different way of producing sweetener that will make them better or different than anyone else who can grow or process stevia. The financials are ridiculous, expenses almost doubled to over $1 million in the past quarter to boost revenue from $40,000 to $80,000, so unless you’re an expert on the sweetener market and can explain why they’re going to be growing revenue by leaps and bounds for a… Read more »
wpDiscuz