Hard asset alliance

By glseneca, July 16, 2012

Are you familiar with Hard Assets Alliance? It seems they offer physical gold stored and give you the option to hold your metals overseas – in Zurich, London, Sydney or Singapore. I would appreciate your feedback.

19 Comments on " Hard asset alliance"

Travis Johnson, Stock Gumshoe
Admin
July 16, 2012 11:19 pm
This is a startup, I think, with a bunch of partners in many of the major newsletter publishers — so I bet we’ll hear a lot more about it. I don’t know if they’ll do anything really different than well-established firms like GoldMoney.com or the Perth Mint or any of the dozens of smaller dealers and brokers who will store for you. Haven’t personally looked at the details and I probably won’t do so, since I don’t have much need for more gold and my specifications for storage and recall of my precious metals holdings are neither particularly demanding nor… Read more »
Joe
Joe
July 17, 2012 11:01 am

Do more research. This is a vastly superior product than gold money. First and foremost, you own whole, fully allocated bars that are deliverable upon demand without a fee. Bullion vault trades only through their prop desk, only sells 400 oz bars and charges an absurd fee for delivery. The two services are miles apart. Plus haa allows delivery anywhere in the world.

Travis Johnson, Stock Gumshoe
Admin
July 17, 2012 11:09 am

Good to know, Joe — I don’t have particular need of such a service, but there does seem to be a pretty big market for it.

Dave
Dave
July 17, 2012 11:00 am

One catch that I see is a $5000 minimum on transactions, so you can’t buy one coin at a time.

Markus Mage
July 18, 2012 1:08 pm
I have looked at the details; also received a number of super-secretive prerelease e-mails telling about that smashing ‘new’ concept of mouse-click buying of physical bullion. Hard Assets Alliance looks a bit like a mere frontend on existing offers like those of DDSC (Delaware Depository Service Co). It is true that HAA bullion comes a lot closer to the concept of investing in phyzz than GLD or other precious metals ETFs (just paper; systemic and counterparty risks),. On closer inspection though, I must say that I cannot see anything ‘revolutionary’ about the concept: rather than that $5000 minimum mentioned above,… Read more »
joe
joe
July 20, 2012 9:40 am

But bullion vault is not cheaper. bullion vault sells unallocated gold, then charges a high markup if you want to take delivery. So if you want YOUR gold, expect a 5% or higher fee. I can’t see any benefit to bullion vault. The other problem is bullion vault sells all their gold from their own prop desk. What happens if everyone sells? Can bullion vault handle that level of liquidity? I wouldn’t want to find out.

Adrian @ BullionVault
July 20, 2012 12:56 pm
Adrian here from BullionVault. Just a couple of points: BullionVault users own allocated gold. There is no lending, leasing or credit arrangement of any sort. Allocation is proven – publicly each day – by the Daily Audit, showing that client gold is all there, in full, and that there are not multiple claims on the same metal. Not sure what’s meant by ’prop desk’ above, but BullionVault is an open exchange, where all users can post bids and offers as they choose. Yes, we quote prices to ensure you can deal whenever you wish. But peer-to-peer trading accounts for 2/3rds… Read more »
Brad
Brad
July 20, 2012 11:08 pm

HAA is a front-end for Gold Bullion International (http://www.bullioninternational.com/). I don’t know if HAA offers a value add that would make it worthwhile instead of going direct to GBI (or if GBI even deals direct with retail customers). Here is the press release for it: http://www.prweb.com/releases/prweb2012/7/prweb9703582.htm

Travis Johnson, Stock Gumshoe
Admin
July 21, 2012 12:14 am

Interesting, maybe we should just start our own Gumshoe Gold service, eh?

That same firm, by the way, is also trying to sell the “gold dividend” offering as a white label service for mining companies, I think the first decent size firm to try it is Gold Resource Corp (and they’ve gotten plenty of attention from newsletters as a result, despite the fact that the “gold dividend” seems like an expensive gimmick)

Donna
Donna
August 15, 2012 8:22 pm

Is the Hard Asset Alliance a legit company?

Roger
October 3, 2012 4:49 pm

Donna,

Hard Assets Alliance is definitely legit. We have a full review including an article titled “can I trust Hard Assets Alliance” at our website Buy And Store Gold

Roger.

Chuck Handshy
Chuck Handshy
April 2, 2013 4:34 pm

Not sure they are staying around. They are having a problem getting transfers out in a timely manner. I have requested a money transfer to my bank account and it has been close to a month and several calls and still the transfer is pending. Now I am getting answering machine instead of person. At this time I couldn’t recommend them.

Ed D'Agostino
April 4, 2013 11:06 am

Chuck – I looked into this. The issue was the ABA number you provided for the wire transfer was incorrect. Most people (including me) pull the ABA number off of their check. That works fine for most banks, particularly the larger banks. But some banks use a different ABA for incoming wires than appears on your check. The matter has been resolved, but feel free to contact me through our customer service department if I can be of assistance. 1-877-727-7387.
-Ed D’Agostino
General Manger
Hard Assets Alliance

Ole
Ole
April 18, 2013 7:17 am
I’ve been using Hard Assets Alliance for about the past 2 months and have not had any problems with getting funds from my bank to the account. Usually takes about 2 working days once it is set up the first time. The only areas that i would say that have been “avg.” has been the web site is sometimes very slow to load. it only happened to me recently in past month or so and it could be my internet connection as well. minor inconvenience. the other is that i would like to see more variety in the sizes/locations of… Read more »
Wayne Nesmith
Wayne Nesmith
June 27, 2013 3:53 am

This FYI only. Not my endorsement of HAA. My jury is still out.
Read these 2 articles:
Quick Take: The Gold Trade
TheStreet.com-Jun 20, 2013
NEW YORK (TheStreet) — TheStreet’s Jill Malandrino and Oliver Garret of Hard Assets Alliance and Casey Research discuss where gold is …
TheStreet Joins Forces With Casey Research To Provide Expert …
MarketWatch (press release)-Jun 18, 2013
… and a more robust and interactive gold price and chart user experience powered by the Hard Assets Alliance (www.hardassetsalliance.com).

Kelly Brown
Kelly Brown
February 27, 2016 7:22 pm

What’s the thinking on HAA, now several years down the road?

Thanks!

Scott
Scott
June 16, 2016 4:45 am

Also curious how this company is viewed now. Anyone?

Gary
Gary
June 30, 2016 12:02 pm
I am looking at HAA as well. Anyone have any updated info on them? Quality of service? Costs reasonable for storage? Customer Service issues? A few weeks ago I contacted bullioninternational.com with specific questions on my investing needs. Alex of their customer service recommended that I use HAA, probably for the reason of my wanting to invest about $7,000 and in gold coins (used for currency not collectibles). Alex was very helpful but it sounds like they want bigger investments from investors which I was fine with. Anyone else have any updated info on HAA??
wpDiscuz