Opinion on SANDSTORM GOLD (SNDXF)

By aati, July 10, 2012

Hi, I have read the articles and Travis’s comments on Sandstorm Gold. And I am very interested in purchasing some shares of Sandstorm Gold. However at it’s current share price of $8.35 is Sandstorm Gold still a good buy. I know share price alone is not everything, but, If I can get some opinions on this I will really appreciate. Thanks!

12 Comments on " Opinion on SANDSTORM GOLD (SNDXF)"

Travis Johnson, Stock Gumshoe
Admin
July 11, 2012 12:56 pm
I haven’t bought any lately (or sold), but I still think the value is compelling compared to the big-name royalty stocks — Sandstorm trades for something like 15-20X 2013 earnings while RGLD trades for about 30X 2013 earnings. Sandstorm is much less stable and profitable because they haven’t yet achieved that massive economy of scale, but they should be able to grow much more quickly because it’s easier for them to add new deals that will actually impact near term (next few years) earnings … Royal Gold has to look at much bigger mines if they want to have a… Read more »
Aatif Naziri
Aatif Naziri
July 11, 2012 1:14 pm

Thanks Travis, appreciate the info, adds a little more to my knowledge, and I will go ahead with the trade.

Steve in Thunder Bay
Steve in Thunder Bay
July 12, 2012 4:15 pm
Hi Travis. This was the first stock I bought on your recommendation and made some good money before exiting at the beginning of the downturn in gold. I am back in again because Sandstorm gold is supposed to be listed on the NYSE soon, which should help its stock. In fact it is up today while gold is down a bit. I’m not wedded to any stock permanently, but this will be be a hold for at least the next while, more so if Ben turns on the printing machines again. Thanks for providing a fine service for investors, putting… Read more »
Neil M Campbell
Neil M Campbell
July 11, 2012 5:19 pm

I am also a true believer in the SNDXF story. I sold recently at 80% profit and used the “houses” money to short gold (GLL) I think we will see 1400’s before the next leg up.
If all works I will repurchase SNDXF all in!
Forgot to mention this is my grandkids inheritance that I am playing with!

Aatif Naziri
Aatif Naziri
July 11, 2012 10:45 pm

Thanks for your opinion Neil. Are you suggesting to wait for the share price to go down before purchasing. When u say that “we will see 1400s before the next leg up” do u mean that the gold prices will go down to 1400s and that’s when to buy sndxf. Gold prices right now are 1571/oz.

Thanks

Venture Shadow
Venture Shadow
July 12, 2012 5:04 pm
Do you really believe you will be able to buy gold after it has established a floor and is rising at a price less than it is now? I think the gold market will be crowded with panic buyers at that time and gold will hit $1700 in a heartbeat. It will probably go higher than that and then fall and oscillate up and down, with a floor higher than the current price. The story was in todays WSJ page one “Fed Reserve Officials sent new signals they are seriously considering more actions to bolster…” It seems wise to buy… Read more »
cooleenman
cooleenman
July 16, 2012 4:20 am

hi travis, I bought sandstorm some months ago at 2.26 ,watched it lose ground and sold. Next time I looked it was over 8!! darn. Perhaps I will give it another try. I enjoy your blogs and feel there is a lot of common sense in them. charles o’malley

profmad
profmad
July 16, 2012 3:33 pm

Don’t feel bad. In the meantime it underwent a reverse 5:1 split, so you’re probably still ahead of the game.

Jack
July 16, 2012 4:47 pm

Just salient pragmatism thoughts from a long time investor/trader: A reverse stock split ia almost never beneficial to average shareholders, and if this action is instituted by management it is a large red flag to distance oneself from that snare of likely adversity.

flyfisher
July 21, 2012 1:37 am

Jack, you don’t know anything about Sandstorm Gold: in most cases what you said is true, but not this time. They had a reverse split on May 9th and the stock price is doing fine. Why? Because it is a money making machine and it will be listed on a major exchange in the U.S. before October. They put out a NR today (Friday), announcing the company would be releasing their 2nd quarter results on July 26. You may have time to catch this train early Monday morning, but you better hurry.

Rufus Caldwell
February 4, 2013 1:35 pm

I was hoping to get some info on Gold Stock Adviser, especially WRPSF . They are part of the Newsmax group and seem to provide a good service for investing in gold. Can you tell me anything ?

norman cartmell
April 21, 2013 2:42 pm

This stock could go lower if the banks keep manipulating gold.

wpDiscuz