Sandstorm Gold being listed on NYSE

By kad, August 16, 2012

Tavis – I see that Sandstorm Gold (SSL.V) is being listed on NYSE on 8-20-12 (SAND). I hold SNDXF thanks to your amazing insight – thank you! I cannot find any information about how SNDXF is going to be impacted. I checked their website also. Any insight you can share?

6 Comments on " Sandstorm Gold being listed on NYSE"

Travis Johnson, Stock Gumshoe
Admin
August 16, 2012 12:25 pm

Call your broker to be sure, but in my experience with several similar uplistings over the years my brokers have always easily transitioned the link sheets holding to the new, listed symbol.

This came a few months before I expected, but the US listing was widely expected and I’m very happy to see it — as long as the price of gold doesn’t fall significantly I think this should help the stock to trade at a higher multiple over the next few months.

valentinoamoro
August 16, 2012 1:57 pm

Thanks, I am assuming the warrants will not transfer? (I will call my broker nonetheless – I own SNXXF)

Travis Johnson, Stock Gumshoe
Admin
August 16, 2012 4:06 pm

I haven’t heard anything about them listing their warrants in New York — I would imagine that they probably won’t get a US listing for their various warrants, but I suppose it’s possible. The warrant strike price is in US$ for both of their warrants, but they’ll probably continue to trade just on the pink sheets and in Toronto.

Mary Flynn
Mary Flynn
August 19, 2012 12:35 pm

Just a correction. Neither the Sandstorm Gold SSL or the warrants are listed in Toronto.
They are on the Vancouver exchange so with the uplisting of the commons it may mean that investors who were not allowed to buy pinks or Vancouver stocks will finally be able to get on board.

Travis Johnson, Stock Gumshoe
Admin
August 19, 2012 1:17 pm

Possibly true, but what used to be the Vancouver exchange is now the “Venture” exchange, owned by the Toronto Stock Exchange.

camporem
camporem
August 20, 2012 11:00 am

Travis I own some shares of Sandstorm Metals is it worth it to hold onto it or should I unload them?

wpDiscuz