Daily Wealth Trader

By rigdale, September 6, 2012

I’m getting videos touting a new S&A newsletter called DailyWealth Trader at $800/year, apparently all about selling puts. I’ve sold covered calls for 15-20 years, but never traded a put and don’t know much about them. I’ve decided to subscribe in 2 weeks. Does anyone else subscribe to this, or has anyone else considered it and rejected it?

22 Comments on " Daily Wealth Trader"

Travis Johnson, Stock Gumshoe
Admin
September 6, 2012 2:47 pm

I haven’t heard anything about this one specifically, it’s probably a bit tough to get these newsletters to scale because the Stansberry folks have tried to launch put-selling services before without much luck. There are more options selling and spread newsletters out there now than ever before in my memory, but it’s not an area where I have any real expertise or do much writing or analysis.

daveshults1
September 6, 2012 6:56 pm

I wish GumShoe would do an EXPOSE on S&A in TOTAL (ALL the Letters /Services).
I’m signed up for the two FREE letters and subscribed for the (fee-based) Retirement Letter (which so far, appears to be a rip-off.) For the exorbitant fees they ask, they seem like a scary proposition , indeed.

daveshults1
September 6, 2012 7:03 pm

Another Request for GUMSHOE:
I just became exposed to the concept of BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT COMPANIES (BDCs), and the very lucrative returns that APPEAR to be available through them. Rather than flooding Gumshoe with a blunderbuss of random questions, could you suggest a source of tutorial material (which seems to be scarce) we could absorb BEFORE sending questions your way? Perhaps in that way, we could raise the IQ of the questions we send.
Thanks,
David Shults

Donald Bohlken
September 6, 2012 10:31 pm
Shanta
September 7, 2012 12:54 am

I subscribed on their special monthly rate of $49/month; they said they were going to pull that rate, so I guess they did if they are offering it at $800/year now.
What would you like to know?

davadar
davadar
September 10, 2012 12:52 pm

I signed up last week for $49 per month ($588 yearly). I had to watch a long introduction video to sign up. If you want this newsletter just call Stansberry & Assoc. and tell them you want the $49 a month deal. This is suppose to lock you in at this price forever.

johnnyfouraces
johnnyfouraces
September 11, 2012 7:55 pm
I’ve had Daily Wealth Trader since its inception and am happy with it. I’ve done ok with selling their put and call options. Consistent, if not big, income on those. They called the upturn in gold, silver, and copper without jumping too early and eating a bunch of the drop like several other newsletters I used to have. I like how they pull ideas from numerous Stansberry staff. I’ve done really well with their LLY, MDT, and PG picks. I’ve been whittling down my investing newsletters and this is one of the keepers along with the 12% Letter and Validea.com.… Read more »
SnoopyJC
September 22, 2012 10:17 am

I agree, John, Amber Lee and friends are pulling together the top picks from all their other expensive newsletters. My portfolio is very happy after joining this service, and I’ve been able to cancel other services that haven’t been performing that well for me.

johnnyfouraces
johnnyfouraces
December 12, 2012 7:41 am

As a follow-up…still loving DWT. I’m letting 12% letter go, however. Between the daily DWT and DWT Premium emails, I get more than enough solid, performing, diversified stock recommendations and buy/sell strategies. They really work to make you a well informed, intelligent investor and the results are impressive.

oldfatfella
September 22, 2012 3:22 pm
I’m an Alliance member, therefore I get everything they publish but one letter. I’ve been a member since 2008 and feel I’ve more than gotten my original investment ($3850 + $190 yearly maintenance) back more than 3 fold and still have the remainder of whatever life I’ve left @$ 190 year to go. Plus, I can (and have) sent it on to the next generation in my will. I’ve dabbled in put selling and short sells and so far am ahead using S&A. Some of those sells have been in the DWT and all but one has been successful. Just… Read more »
steven kalodner
steven kalodner
November 29, 2012 11:56 am

CAn we talk about them. They want me to spend some silly money on stuff. I can be reached at jnksak@comcast.net.

thanks

gmansi01
gmansi01
December 29, 2012 8:27 am

Can someone comment on how the newsletter has been performing for the past 3 months? Is it worth signing up?

npahno123
npahno123
January 11, 2013 9:23 am

I don’t know anything about that newsletter, but I have been selling puts for years. The trick is to sell a put on a stock that you would not mind owning if the put was exercised. Most of the puts I have sold have expired, and I got to keep the money I reveived from the sale. About 15% of the puts were exercised which means I was required to buy a good stock at a low price – and I still kept the money from the sale of the put.

johnnyfouraces
johnnyfouraces
July 5, 2013 8:06 am

Still love DWT after almost a year. Their picks do consistently well. The explain their rationale so you can choose whether or not to follow them. I love how they switch to selling options when the market is going down. It keeps the gains flowing until the next upturn. This is a solid daily investment newsletter.

uskeeper52
uskeeper52
August 3, 2013 1:19 pm
I, too , have just subscribed from this newsletter. I’m very green on options and i think the daily wealth trader newsletter is more for people like me. So far i’ve followed their recommendations on MSFT and INTC about selling naked puts and am just waiting for their Sept13 expiration dates hoping that they would go up. and even if it goes lower than my stirke price, i wouldn’t mine owning there too stocks. i love reading your reviews and comments regarding strategies on options trading. i am actually learning from people who have gained more experience writing options. thank… Read more »
Cynthia
Cynthia
February 26, 2014 11:30 am

After reading reviews for daily wealth trader how are you doing now since you wrote your last review. I am considering trying it. Thank you for your comments

Bob Engleman
Bob Engleman
September 23, 2016 11:04 am

I too am considering this service, but on a related note, is my comment on selling puts. Using my best example, in the 90’s I sold 10 contracts on Mastek on 27 occasions, earning approx. $1 per. Five times the stock was put to me and I then sold calls of approx. $1 per. Unfortunately, I haven’t found another such stock to use. While I’m certainly far ahead, my efforts to uncover another Mastek have been fruitless.

wpDiscuz