Nick Hodge’s Latest Gimmick? – Early Advantage

By archivist, November 10, 2012

Thanks to an overlooked 2010 government dictum…
YOU have the chance to
bank 35k by year’s end.
If you have $1,000 and can fill out a single form…
You could take advantage of this ”loophole” to
bank an extra five figures over the next few months
And it has nothing to do with stocks
==================================================
Has anyone checked this out? Any opinions?

Dave

20 Comments on " Nick Hodge’s Latest Gimmick? – Early Advantage"

Rob
Rob
November 10, 2012 12:27 pm

He’s referring to Tax Lien and Tax Deed Investing. It’s where you acquire property for the delinquent property taxes owed at the local county level. I’ve done these myself. 5% chance of buying property for 2cent-10 cents on the dollar. Most times you earn 8%-25% on your money guaranteed by the state government.

fourr
fourr
November 16, 2012 11:45 pm

Help me get the form I want to invest

tructor
November 24, 2012 9:27 am

If these are Tax Lien properties for sale by municipalities, Nick’s claim that you can do it “anywhere” is dangerous: in most cases, you’ll need to be at the public auction, have an attorney check the deed for other liens against the property, and wait 10-20 days for the “upset bid” period to expire without a higher bid. Then you may have to correct code violations and repair the property before it’s saleable. And, unless you are a realtor, you’ll have to list it with one at 5-10% commission…

Jess
Jess
November 26, 2012 10:31 pm

Has anyone spent the $139 for this? I’m curious, but it’s non-refundable so I don’t want to waste money if it’s something that can simply be found elsewhere. Tax liens are definitely not new and not as easy as he makes this deal sound. Any more insight on this would be helpful. Thank you!

Audley McConnell
December 10, 2012 7:40 pm
YES ! I damned foolishly spent the $139 ! Kick my self in the dumb ass ! DON’T do it !!! I thought just maybe someone found just a small little holy grail as to sip a freedom from ! My ass ! He is a damned thief , a thief I say ! I emailed his ass , no good . Look , it is just city properties and lots that I have always known about , but who the hell wants a old city house falling down in boofer town ? It ia all bullshit without the seeds… Read more »
misterht01
misterht01
January 17, 2013 2:30 pm

“But as the price is set at a mere $139, I’m confident you’ll put that money back in your account within your FREE three months of Early Advantage access.”
It sure is skullduggery..what a boondoggle..scumbag ripping off people..

"Radical Rod"
April 19, 2016 12:34 pm
I do not know which state and county you live in, or what your states laws are there for buying tax liens there, in but do know the laws vary be state and also individual counties within that state. Call you county trasures office and get pointed the right direction for where you live for a starter. I recommend that if you want to get into trying to buy tax delinquent properties, start in the county you live in and know best, so you can actually do your “due diligence” in that local area yourself; examine the property, ask a… Read more »
Keith
Keith
March 26, 2013 11:34 am

Thanks for the heads up, I almost bought the bull shit.

"Radical Rod"
April 19, 2016 12:34 pm
flyfisher
December 10, 2012 11:30 pm

Thanks for all the replies to the original post. It saved me some money.

tructor
December 24, 2012 9:35 am

There is money to be made reselling city-owned properties – BUT, you need to be there to see them and do all diligence. Has anyone figured out what the “2010 govt dictum” is? And the “$1000 minimum on one simple form?

rcan1015
rcan1015
December 24, 2012 10:09 am
I’ve tried the Tax Lien investing twice and had fair results. The rules, interest rate available and timeframes vary from state to state (I purchased some good info on Ebay). Basically you have little to no chance of owning the property. The idea is to earn the high interest rate while the property owner is procrastinating paying taxes. If you choose decent properties (list is available from tax assessors office), they usually pay off their own taxes within a few months. So, I was earning 12% in Alabama–but one of the delinquent taxpayers paid his off in a couple months… Read more »
martha a. mason
martha a. mason
March 15, 2013 3:38 pm

3/15/2013
Thanks for all the imput . Save me some money and will keep me away NICK HODGE
MAM

mario ramas
mario ramas
April 28, 2013 8:17 pm

nick hodges early advantage on the natures 6th element discovery in alaska

RobD
RobD
July 19, 2013 11:23 am

I sure am glad Motley Fool has our backs on crooks like Nick. But I am sure as you well know buy now there is no such thing as a free lunch. Plus you get exactly what you pay for the only person making money is the SOB selling information that is already out there. Like the People that sell Govt information that is free from the Govt printing office.

neu
neu
July 28, 2013 5:27 pm
Let me tell you about this…. what he is talking about is mostly junk properties in Baltimore. You know, not the kind that are fixer-uppers, but blower-uppers. I lived in Maryland for several years, and worked the tax lien market in many of the surrounding corners. Don’t fall for this buy buying these in Baltimore. You will find you would have to spend a boatload of money to bring most of these up to code. Not a good deal. You can do this in other states, some which do sell tax lien certificates like Maryland and others that sell the… Read more »
Ruthlezzzzz
Usha
October 15, 2013 9:05 am

Thanks so much! Am grateful…you saved me potential heartache!

Alan
Alan
July 10, 2014 9:39 am

Just Remember, any promotion you receive via email is more than likely a scam so if you’re curious check out stock gumshoe to verify the pitch.

Allen B
September 23, 2014 4:06 pm

Allen agrees with Alan. The more I learn about Nick Hodge, the more he seems to be a scam artist by stretching the truth to get you to foolishly buy his newsletters.

Bill Sutherland
Bill Sutherland
December 4, 2015 11:37 am

Nick Hodge is a scam artist. Once subscribed to his service & acquired his recommended stocks which all turned out to be losers.

wpDiscuz