Just got in late and going through mail and have a letter from Pershing who holds some of my stock. Letter says notice of two-for-one common unit split delivered to holders of common units of Holly Energy Partners, L.P. That the partnership will effect Jan. 16, 2013 of record holders of Jan 7, 2013. I bought 500 shares of HFC back in Nov 2012 at $37.70 and collected a .20 cent Divy and then they had a one time .50 cent divy and the stock is up in the mid $40’s ,I was going to take the money and run before the end of the year but now this letter comes and it is signed by the CEO of HEP Matt Clifton so I guess the HEP and the HFC partnership means I get the split. My question is it worth keeping the stock and taking the split or should I still sell it and take my profits, or sell and buy back, but the end of the year tax and hold or not time frame will give me a hicki either way, any advice Travis because it already has made a good profit will call my accountant tomorrow but wanted your advice to rattle his head first. The split drops the price anyway correct but you just double you shares ,what is the best way in your eyes if you think they are still gonna go up. Like I said I was going to sell and then in a month get back on because I still think they will run up this spring, they are getting there raw product cheaper than the big refineries right now like DK and WESTERN is my reason that I think they will keep going up that and location any words of wisdom. Thanks!
This is a discussion topic or guest posting submitted by a Stock Gumshoe reader. The content has not been edited or reviewed by Stock Gumshoe, and any opinions expressed are those of the author alone.