The Motley Fool – I am embarrassed to show you this …

By digitalgoldfish, January 12, 2013

Has anyone deciphered the clues of the motely fool newsletter that just camemy inbox. MF teases in it a voice recognition company, a gesture input company and big data player?
Voice can only be NUANCE in my humble opinion but what are the other two companies?
My best guess at the moment for the big data company is IBM since a common denominator in my web search results was the IBM Watson initiative.

I think this newsletter is around a while but i couldn’t find anything on it using the search. Any help to satisfy my curiosity is greatly appreciated.

10 Comments on " The Motley Fool – I am embarrassed to show you this …"

tomwhite1
tomwhite1
January 12, 2013 2:57 pm

Didn’t he say AAPL put one of the CEO’s on its BOD? The only one i see there is Goog? Is “SIRI” an AAPL owned Technology? Or Nuance?

parkerman
parkerman
January 12, 2013 8:03 pm

I was also wondering about this one. Not sure who the voice recognition company is, but my research points to Disney as the big player in gesture based software and Tibco as the big data company.

parkerman
parkerman
January 13, 2013 7:25 am

Yes, Disney Research is developing a touch sensing technology called “touche” that matches all the features described in the Motley Fool newsletter.

savethemanatee
savethemanatee
January 13, 2013 10:23 am

I was just looking at this today. I am pretty confident that the three companies are Nuance Communications (NUAN), Tibco Software (TIBX), and Disney. There seem to be some interesting developments in gesture recognition technology that were demonstrated at CES 2013 by three privately-held startups: Leap Motion, PointGrab, and Elliptic Labs–again they are privately held, but they may end up being future movers in this technological space.

JulieMarisa
JulieMarisa
January 14, 2013 1:35 pm

Do you think Gumshoe will cover these 3 companies in an article soon?

preetamp
preetamp
January 14, 2013 6:09 pm

I thought the big voice recognition company was Philips Electronics — I know, very out there but have a look at them — they are leaders in this field in terms of patents etc.

Travis Johnson, Stock Gumshoe
Admin
January 16, 2013 9:39 am

Folks worked out most of these answers separately in other comments and threads, but I did write about it yesterday here, FYI: http://stockgumshoe.com/reviews/motley-fool-stock-advisor/the-best-motley-fool-investing-idea-since-aol-and-amazon-com-in-the-1990s/

wpDiscuz