Dividend Trifecta or Daily Paycheck Strategy

By jetg87, February 7, 2013

Heys guys.

I got this from a newsletter yesterday, I believe it was a Penny Sleuth, don’t remember, but took alot of notes to inquire. Amy Calistri is the woman who claims to have come up with this dividend trifecta deal where she basically discusses locating companies with multiple years of increasing annual dividends, being between 8%-15% high yield, and being stable although high yield.

Her purpose for owning these stocks would be to get a monthly paycheck from a principal scattered throughout them creating a monthly income from dividends. Then every month rolling over the income into more shares compounding interest then creating a nice sum of money yearly not to mention after a decade or two.

She claims there is about a 100 stocks that fit the bill and her newsletter will tell all, as is tradition.

My question, does anyone know the reasonable reality behind her strategy and if so how should I go about trying to locate stocks like these myself through personal screening.

What do you guys think? I’ve never dealt much with dividends and naturally love how it sounds, but as always, ever skeptical on it being that simple.

Jet.

11 Comments on " Dividend Trifecta or Daily Paycheck Strategy"

Winstonlee
Winstonlee
February 10, 2013 8:57 am

Go here:

They have all kinds of lists of dividend-payors.

Ed
Ed
March 17, 2013 12:42 pm
Winstonlee, great find. A plethora of good data and information. Only benefit I might see in her Trifecta is that she’s done all the work. I started my own dividend program a year ago and I’m beating her hands down. My challenge is to keep up my record which isn’t easy. I think I was lucky but I dumped our Apple three times, the last at $154 and bought CQP at $8.44. Its appreciation and dividend has beaten Apple even when it hit $625. So it works. I’m averaging 16% yield on seven stocks. The key is to buy a… Read more »
afurg
afurg
March 17, 2013 3:41 pm

Hey Ed. With those yields you need to start a newsletter! How can I do the same?

Ed
Ed
March 17, 2013 9:18 pm

No way…I wouldn’t sleep at night. As you know with yield so comes risk.

wallih
wallih
March 17, 2013 8:09 pm

So Ed, do you collect dividends each day, as Ms. Calistri promises her service helps you to do?

Ed
Ed
March 17, 2013 9:36 pm
No. To collect dividends each day requires having stocks or Closed Funds all staggered over a quarter or months with each having a different pay-date. Most dividend paying stocks are quarterly. Back when Canadian Oil Trusts were operating they paid monthly. It’s one heck of a job to find a good yielding stock that has a pay-date you want. I have one that’s monthly and the other six that are quarterly. So I get thirty-six deposits with seven stocks. I’d rather have a good yielding stock that holds its value than a check each day. Another thing I just learned… Read more »
Deborah
Deborah
July 20, 2013 4:58 pm

Hi, Ed. Would you care to start a blog about what you have invested in? I’ve stopped using the investment company that my employer offers because they charge too much. I’m beginning my own investments and one of them will be with dividend payers. I’d love to know more about what you do. I’ve also followed Dividend Mantra’s site and Dividend Partisan as well.
Thanks, in-advance, for your advice!
Regards,
Deborah

Roberto
Roberto
June 7, 2013 4:31 pm

The dynamicdividend.com/dividend-dynamos/ link seems dead it does not work. Does anybody know how to get to it?

Glenn henderson
Glenn henderson
February 28, 2016 12:40 pm
Use dividend calendar .com. They list by the day all dividend stocks paying. I take the ones 8% and higher. Buy them 5-10 days before they go ex dividend. Many will go up higher than the dividend they pay. Sell those pocket the growth. The others hold until exdividend. If they are green sell them at the open. If there red hold them until the market bounces them back. Look at bgc and wsr. I am up almost 2k since i bought them. Selling at the bell. The gain is higher than the dividend. You have to work at this… Read more »
Nancy Worley
Nancy Worley
April 2, 2016 9:12 am

Wow, Glenn. Think I’m gonna get started on this project. Might need some hand holding!

vfc54242
vfc54242
May 4, 2016 4:54 pm

How have you done with this Nancy? Glenn, are you still doing it? How’s it going for you?

wpDiscuz