The TWO Best Speculative Stocks for 2013

By matthew7, February 27, 2013

With all the write-ups and commentary about what the top stocks are going to be for 2013… I have arrived at my own best conclusion for the TWO best stocks to own this year. I will tell you what they are and then refer you to two articles that can tell the story better than what I can here.

The first stock is Solazyme (SZYM) which I own and would be a buyer of right here at these levels. You can read an article I wrote about this stock a couple of weeks ago.

The other stock is Generex (GNBT) which I own and have been buying more right here at these levels. Here is an article that I read that I think really tells the value story very well.

I think both of the above stocks are perfect timing for Wall Street to start recognizing the value in these stocks, starting from the middle of this year on into the end of 2013 and further into 2014. In my humble opinion both of these stocks are home runs if not grand slams!

8 Comments on " The TWO Best Speculative Stocks for 2013"

David Cannon
David Cannon
February 28, 2013 7:45 pm

What the hell? Does Matthew Hesser represent Gumshoe or not? You publish this article,
followed by a total discalimer, and then follow that up with an invitation to join “us”
at Gumshue that to the unwary would appear to represent Mr. Hesser as representing
Gumshue. I have concluded that he is nothing more than an individual investor, and
not any kind of investment analyst. This is very misleading, and doesn’t reflect well on you.

Travis Johnson, Stock Gumshoe
Admin
February 28, 2013 8:36 pm
Any Irregulars can start a discussion, or make suggestions or share ideas. Anyone at all can comment on articles or postings. We want to keep things open for the exchange of ideas, but don’t want to imply that we’re reviewing or editing or vetting comments from readers. We monitor to cut down on spam and abuse, but that’s pretty much it. I don’t think one article sharing some ideas from another site constitutes abuse, though that doesn’t mean we agree with every idea or comment shared by our readers. Reader-submitted notes like this are preceded by the little green person,… Read more »
David Cannon
David Cannon
February 28, 2013 8:22 pm

I’m commenting again. More and more, unfortunately, this seems nothing more than
another marketing site, and gee, your apparent affiliation with Seeking Alpha is less than encouraging. Can Mr. Hesser tell any of us why we shouldn’t be convinced that gnbt isn’t headed for insolvency, i.e. bankruptcy?
David Cannon

tanglewood
March 2, 2013 10:37 pm

Wow! talk about gambling. GNBT came on the market at 32 cents in Nov 2010 and is now selling at 3 cents. It has $18,000 in sales and $11 million in losses according to MSN Money.
SZYM looks like a good short right here. They lost twice as much money as they took in.

Travis, not THE Travis
Travis, not THE Travis
March 4, 2013 10:17 am

David Cannon, it was perfectly clear to me that this was not endorsed by StockGumshoe.

Andrea
Andrea
March 4, 2013 5:36 pm

Did Y;all skip over this little nugget at the bottom of the article? Just sayin.

“This content was written or submitted by a Stock Gumshoe Irregular, it has not been edited by Stock Gumshoe, Inc. and does not reflect the views or opinions of Stock Gumshoe or its employees. Readers who submit these comments, opinions or questions are not subject to the same trading restrictions that apply to Travis Johnson and other Stock Gumshoe employees.”

prmadm
May 10, 2013 9:54 pm
Matthew, Good article on Seeking Alpha regarding Solazyme. I’ve also enjoyed reading Kevin Quon’s submissions on the same subject. I’ve been an investor in Solazyme since it’s IPO. I’ve certainly taken some losses at those initial share price levels but I’ve been able to mitigate those losses by averaging down with more share purchases at lower levels than today. I’m very optimistic with this technology and the management’s ability to deliver on milestones and collaborate with industry leaders for product development/commercialization. Of course this stock is volatile (as shown historically), and will continue to be so until profitability is reached… Read more »
charlier1955
August 2, 2013 12:31 pm
I made a little money in szym this spring when it went from 9 to 11. I strongly suspect that it will be the Apple of Biotech. It has a great research department, and an incredible line of possible products. The real question is when? I was snooping around, trying to decide if I should buy in now since szym will announce 2nd quarter earnings next Wednesday. I am staying away, for now. There has been nothing but insider selling in the last 90 days. I am especially concerned about the option exercises and immediate sales. I am also concerned… Read more »
wpDiscuz