Is Emerging Trends Trader worth it?

By gimpie317, April 20, 2013

Travis: Matthew Carr from Oxford Club is pushing a new service called Emerging Trends Trader for a ”discounted” price of $1,500
per year. This gets you 2 stock recommendations/month gleaned
from his ”Prime System” of over 60 stocks that literally offer a guaranteed profit by specifying a buy in date and the buy out date on these stocks.
Anytime someone charges 7.5 times the cost of my Irregular service/year had better offer a formula to turn water into wine.
Your thoughts on this Travis?

18 Comments on " Is Emerging Trends Trader worth it?"

Frank
Frank
April 23, 2013 12:28 pm

More likely, Pres. is trying to get more leverage on who gets licence to frack and export, just like prev. Pres. and VP try to do with their agenda.

gcohen1720
gcohen1720
April 29, 2013 7:22 pm

Q. Has Travis responded about this offer on the “Prime Strategy” from Matthew Carr?
I didn’t see a response–did I miss it?
Thanks–George

djlipsy
djlipsy
May 10, 2013 11:16 am

Would appreciate some advice as to whether this “Emerging Trends Trader” is worth the $1,500 per month they’re asking?

Stephen Tarheel
Stephen Tarheel
May 10, 2013 6:17 pm

I signed up for it and will let you guys know how it pans out for me. If you cancel within 90 days you get 90% of your money back..which isn’t that great but better than most services.

Paul
Paul
November 4, 2013 11:14 am

Stephen Tarheel,

So can you share your experience with Emerging Trends Trader since you subscribed toit back in May 2013?? The good, the bad and the ugly!

jammingthepipeline
November 5, 2013 1:17 pm

Curious about how this went for you? They boast a 1888% gain on SAM?

B. Alan
B. Alan
May 12, 2013 5:19 pm
I got this email, too. I checked the ARO return over the Oct-Apr periods the last 10 years, and it checks out as he says. It’s interesting, but it is probably one of those data mined anomalies that works great for a small number of stocks for the last 10 or 20 years in a study, but won’t necessarily work that great for the next 10 years – especially if very much big money tries to crowd in on it. I think he said in the video that he has found some 60 stocks that have been doing this. Out… Read more »
hartsook
hartsook
May 14, 2013 2:36 pm

Where is Travis?

Travis Johnson, Stock Gumshoe
Admin
May 14, 2013 2:50 pm
I’ve read the ad, but havent’ come up with anything particularly helpful to say about it yet. There is seasonality in almost all things, particularly in the stock market and in the revenue and earnings performance of specific companies, but I think there’s substantial danger in using that as the basis for trading even the market as a whole unless you’re going to mechanically follow it over long periods of time … and I think the risk in extrapolating predictable seasonal trends for individual stocks is likely to be far riskier than is implied. You can make a lot of… Read more »
hartsook
hartsook
May 14, 2013 3:03 pm

Thank you for your initial response. Sell in May, and go Away, Gold goes up November through March, etc. One can get burned badly thinking the seasonal trends prevail over such turbulent markets, not to mention any manipulations that might happen.
Fred

Frank
Frank
May 14, 2013 7:29 pm

It didn’t do that well for me with a couple of trades. Staying on my course is better than leaving in May.

Jill Smith
Jill Smith
June 27, 2013 11:29 pm

I played with this a bit. If you use a 5 yr. weekly chart you can see what he’s talking about. The main catch, from what I can tell, is that it’s not a yearly event. Little piece of the puzzle gone.
But those folks are very good about giving money back, Google it and the research information was done by university folks. If they run it in about 6 months again, I might try it. it would be really nice to have something like that, that really worked.

ben811
ben811
July 22, 2013 12:30 am

If its to good to be true it probably isnt. Mareting the deal is the catch if you believe it, and they are always marketing something.

justice51
justice51
July 1, 2014 2:37 pm

This E-mail has resurfaced again this summer. Since the last post was a year ago; has any members signed up for the service and I would enjoy hearing the results….too good to be true, or better left for dead….. Great amount of $$ for a newsletter…Anybody??

65sohc
65sohc
August 21, 2014 7:40 pm

I just received the offer today. He says he launched the service on March 28, 2013 and on Sept. 20 closed out a “massive 1,888.72% on SAM.” I don’t know the date on which he bought SAM, but the lowest price during that period was 146. Closing price on Sept. 20 was about 250. Fuzzy math indeed.

Green Lantern
Green Lantern
April 29, 2015 1:26 am

He must be talking about an option, not the stock itself — which, if he doesn’t disclose that in the promotion, is highly misleading.

nchew
nchew
October 3, 2014 11:25 pm

I fell for it. Set aside a trading account just for this newsletter. Lost 25% in one year. Cancelled subscription today.
Most trades Matthew Carr recommends expect to close in more than 90 days, so the money back guarantee is misleading.

Dan Ajibola
Dan Ajibola
October 4, 2014 12:24 pm

Does anyone know if he recommended SAM in 2014? If he did, he would have been only 1 for 2 at best for 2013 and 2014 given that SAM’s chart didn’t have any significant moves in 2014 over the so called May to September prime period!

wpDiscuz