Jeff Opdyke’s ”Profit Seeker”

By Anonymous Questions, August 12, 2013

We got this question from a reader and are turning to our readers for some input. Please comment if you have know about this service:  Would you please comment on Jeff Opdyke’s ”Profit Seeker”. Does it work? Is it doable for someone with reasonable intelligence or is it very difficult to set up? Thank you.

16 Comments on " Jeff Opdyke’s ”Profit Seeker”"

jtmur8
jtmur8
August 18, 2013 7:12 pm

Jeff Opdyke’s Profit Seeker

What about this? does it work?

jochen
jochen
August 20, 2013 12:19 pm

very difficult to find any information on this ‘profit seeker’ from jeff opdyke.
Would appreciate any feedback people have. The man definitely knows how to hype his service. Just sounds like 13 in a dozen type of thing, but I want to make sure.
Else I can start investigating this Sigmoid function and see what I can cook up in relation to Stocks 🙂

John Murnaghan
John Murnaghan
August 20, 2013 6:22 pm

I’ll be very interested to read what you find. The Sigmoid function appears to be the function of an exponential growth situation….there are probably simpler ones…… .but how does one screen for this type of stock or , having found it, what parameters does one apply in order to “predict” it’s future? Could be very useful.

John M

Brenda
Brenda
August 27, 2013 3:00 pm

I received via email a very tempting offer for the Jeff Opdyke’s Profit Seeker (Sigma) and am seeking info regarding this. Offer was $1250 for 1 year, with 90 day guaranteed refund. Anybody know anything?

Daniel
Daniel
August 27, 2013 11:30 pm

Brenda, I’m is the same predicament and I also have not found anything about this Sigma Phenomenon. I you do please sent it to me. Many Thanks.

Sherwood
Sherwood
May 1, 2015 4:06 pm
The sigma Phenomenon is real and true, but the trouble is that these advisers want you to pay for stock advice on companies that might fit this curve. I did some research into companies that they recommend and others that fit the bill and they did not perform like these Gurus predicted. One reason is the financial accounting of foreign countries are funky and not up to US and European stands. I recently read that they are becoming more diligent in their account measures, but I would not recommend buying any yet. If you do want to invest, invest in… Read more »
Eric Alter
Eric Alter
August 30, 2013 11:48 pm

There’s no such thing as a “Sigma Phenomenon.” It’s all a marketing scam. Look into Jeff Opdyke. He used to run a service called Emerging Market Strategist. It failed so he renamed it Profit Seeker and came up with a promotion about a super-secret, mysterious.”Sigma Phenomenon.” Do people really fall for that stuff? There is no secret and it’s not a phenomenon. It’s called an S curve and it has been around forever. It’s all a marketing ploy to sell his new service Profit Seeker because his old service Emerging Market Strategist failed.

Dr. Jack Agnew
Dr. Jack Agnew
November 28, 2013 2:12 am

THANKS Eric Alter! You confirmed my strong “gut feeling” about this offer. It is just another “if it sounds too good to be true, it probably isn’t.”

Jon Matthew
Jon Matthew
November 29, 2013 5:36 pm

He has a lengthy ad linked to the WSJ blog with a young woman asking questions, but Jeff looks past her and obviously is reading. His initial cost is $2500, but you can get
his weekly e-mails for ONLY $1250 for 52 weeks. I checked a few companies he once touted and they are all on the grey market with minimal activity. Looks like a penny stock pusher to me.

Rick
Rick
March 5, 2015 6:53 am

Grow or Die by George Land, written a number of years ago– 1980s I think– show how the S curve– a rough approximation of sigmoid curve– works throughout the universe. This is no joke.

JESSE Y. JUAREZ, ARCHITECT, NCARB, ASID
I JUST GOT TO VIEW JEFF’S SCIENTIFIC PHENOMENOM WAY OF INVESTING ON HIS CURVE AND I AM TEMPETED TO TAKE HIM UP…AS I CAN CANCEL VERY EASY THROUGH MY CC….BUT SHOULD I PULL THE TRIGGER ? I HAVE BEEN AN SMALL TYPE INVESTOR MOST OF MY LIFE AND I CAN REMEMBER BACK IN 2007, BETWEEN MY PERSONAL ACCOUNT, MY SONS & MY WIFE TOTALED IN AN AMOUNT TO ALMOST 500 THOUSAND…AND THEN RIGHT BEFORE THE MARKET COLLAPSE I WAS ABLE TO TAKE EVERYTHING OUT PRIOR TO THE COLLAPSE AND COULD EASYLLY LOST HALF OF THAT AMOUNT. I HAVE ALWAYS BELEIVED… Read more »
donal.mcnally
donal.mcnally
November 30, 2013 12:25 pm
I have to agree with Eric Alter. It’s an unbelievable amount of hype about the S-shaped curve of population growth. They call it sigma because that’s the Greek letter S. There is nothing “secret” about it. The original expression was developed by a guy named Verhulst as a modification of the theories of Malthus about limitless population growth. What happens is that things grow slowly in the beginning, reach some critical level where growth explodes, then slow down and level off as resources available match population size. This gives an S-shaped curve that can be mathematically modeled. The various parameters… Read more »
LSchober
LSchober
April 22, 2014 9:59 am
Ron
May 22, 2016 12:52 pm

How is the author David Bach affiliated with this business? “The Automatic Millionaire” and “Smart Couples Finish Rich”.

Scott Thomas
Scott Thomas
September 14, 2016 10:26 am

I joined & cancel before my 3 month—he extended to 6 month was over. 1 winner–26%—4 loser. They don’t care about customer support. Would never touch his pipe dreams again.

Milehighpeter
October 13, 2016 4:14 pm

It”s a total SCAM. The guy doesn’t have a clue what he is doing. I lost more than 50% of my portfolio doing everything he said to do.

wpDiscuz