Marijuana Companies For Investing

By jsiglobal, February 26, 2014

Who has the most experience the large Medical Companies or new upstarts. Of course Capital investment does not look like a problem.

10 Comments on " Marijuana Companies For Investing"

Travis Johnson, Stock Gumshoe
Admin
February 26, 2014 11:18 am
I’d look at it differently — who has the competitive advantage? The industry may grow, but does anyone have a better, patented or “trade secret” product, or a better method of distribution or delivery that can’t be easily copied, or a brand? Otherwise, it seems like a fun story but, from a business case, it’s really just a lot of people trying to grow and sell an expensive vegetable in a highly regulated environment. There may be winners or losers in this early buildout of legal marijuana, but I have a hard time seeing any large or strong companies emerging… Read more »
poppajohn
February 26, 2014 3:28 pm
I have about $1300 total split between GRNH, PHOT and HEMP. All three have shaky financials, billions of shares outstanding and have gone up about 1000% in the past three months. Now that’s a real bubble. It is the equivalent of bitcoins moving from 100 to 100,000 in three months which never occurred. As with all bubbles, I am waiting for bigger fools to buy the into the pot market. None of these companies have a real competitive advantage which couldn’t be duplicated by a bigger firm with more money. Since I just got in (because the industry tickles my… Read more »
Jacy
Jacy
February 26, 2014 7:03 pm

Jut wondering if there is any conversation on the equipment companies that supply the growers etc. I heard that those penny stocks may be worth looking into–any truth to that?

poppajohn
February 26, 2014 9:37 pm

Check the three I mentioned,, you may be the bigger fool that buys me out!

James Stevenson
James Stevenson
February 27, 2014 7:27 am

It is very interesting to see everyone looking for that penny stock.
When it will most likely be the Tobacco Industry that controls it in the end.
Quite a double negative, what will the anti smoking laws do now?
I have my number one pick but it should be obvious.
Well no one commented on my RAD comment as the Pharmacies
being the point of sale.

ny56
ny56
February 27, 2014 7:15 am

Hemp INC.,seems to be at least a real company .It has just received there first shipment of hemp hearts which is now legal, from there farms in the region of china ,which is the biggest producer of hemp. One of the uses is medicinal. These hearts are a organic product to be sold in places like whole foods ect .Another one on the medical side is MJNA .

jacy
jacy
February 27, 2014 9:23 am

Doubt it im going for the equipment and supply companies

Lorna
Lorna
February 27, 2014 4:57 pm

On another subject…The current hype filling the mailboxes is the stock which will herald “The Death of the Internet” in 2014. Of course you have to join and be fleeced before you get the name of the blockbuster stock. Does anyone have any idea which company Mr. Newsletter is talking about?

DFDBTB