Benitec (BNIKF)

By biotechlong (btl), March 16, 2014

Benetic (BNIKF) Any thoughts on the large percentage (13%) drop in share price on Friday – down to $1.48? I could find no news on the topic, so I assume that it is a function of profit-taking rather than event-driven?

32 Comments on " Benitec (BNIKF)"

skaushi
skaushi
March 16, 2014 4:32 pm

That is correct! Mostly i would associate it to the delay in dosing the first patient! The correct is definitely a gift for those who want to load up on shares or planning to enter at lower levels!
We might even see $1.35 but i don’t see it staying there for long with lot of good things planned this year!

Larry McKenna
Larry McKenna
March 16, 2014 5:26 pm

I am glad that your interpretation of Friday’s BNIKF dip aligns with my (novice) assessment. Since I have been persuaded of the merits of BNIKF – and I’m excited about the prospects for quantum improvement (and possible cure) for thousands afflicted with HCV and other major diseases. In that context, I took advantage of the share price drop to double up on my holdings. Thanks, Subramania!

skaushi
skaushi
March 16, 2014 5:46 pm

Sure! Good to know! It is tough to be patient but i believe the rewards are too high in this one if ddRNAi technology is successful!

sean
sean
March 17, 2014 2:44 am

After dosing, what results can we expect first? HEP C or HIV? That will be the indicator for when to buy up BIG! So make sure your money isn’t tied up!

rstickle
rstickle
March 17, 2014 6:55 am
Hi subramania…to long term holders Down Under it seems the sell off was likely caused by nervous recent buyers selling their holdings on the supposedly ‘bad news’ that the first patient will be dosed immediately upon being positively screened and identified for the TT-034 trial in the US. The spread of information on social media (Hot Copper) magnified the misinformation – perhaps a lesson for us all? The net result: a shift of holdings from weak to strong hands, further evidenced by an 18% appreciation in the stock today on the ASX. There is also strong apparent evidence of market… Read more »
Larry McKenna
Larry McKenna
March 17, 2014 11:20 am

Thanks for the detailed feedback, rstickle. So far, it’s been a great St. Patty’s Day!

analog68
analog68
March 17, 2014 3:14 pm

Does anyone know why BLT holders are already voting on the second placement and BNIKF holders have not heard a thing ie. no proxy information etc. Strange?

David B
March 18, 2014 1:39 am

Nick I believe it is because the BNIKF shares are OTC and this makes it much tougher for the company to track down investors of record. The company can locate the BLT.AX investors without much trouble.

analog68
analog68
March 18, 2014 1:48 pm

David B….thanks. I am beginning to realize that and understand. Next question, do you own BNIKF or BLT? The vote is irrelevant to me as I would vote yes. Are BNIKF equivalent to BLT ? We are still owners of Benitec, correct?

skaushi
skaushi
March 18, 2014 1:54 pm

that is correct! they just trade under a different symbol here!

David B.
March 17, 2014 3:21 pm
20% surge in BNIKF today makes the 12% drop on Friday much easier to stomach : ) The share price had floundered for the past couple weeks due mostly to things unrelated to the company–broader market jitters espc. in the biotech sector, tendency to flee to “safe investments” when there is global/market unrest and some bad days in the Australian market. Investors then tend to get more jumpy when things like a delay in a trial happen. Some of the jumpy, “weak” investors sold shares last week, much to their long term detriment. Benitec remains a company with a huge… Read more »
analog68
analog68
March 20, 2014 7:39 pm

Pannobhaso has written another ddRNAi article on SA.

timmuggs
timmuggs
March 20, 2014 8:21 pm
rstickle
rstickle
March 21, 2014 5:35 am
I had the very great pleasure to attend an investor briefing with the Benitec executive team during the week. The discussion was very broad, however some key points are worth sharing – noting that they reflect my own observations and in no way represent the official views of the company: – In investor meetings, PF now mentions BLT is the only gene silencing and the only ddRNAi company in Australia. Not long ago the admission of either would have resulted in a distinct lack of an audience! The tide has certainly changed on this front. PF sees the current interest… Read more »
David B
March 21, 2014 7:22 am

Benitec long and strong: nice summary RS on the recent investor meeting. Thank you very much. Prudent Optimism sums up the management approach and this heartens me as an investor.

KennyG
KennyG
March 21, 2014 3:06 pm

RS: did you post this on any of the other irregular biotech sites? was an excellent write-up and would love to have it shared with them.

KennyG
KennyG
March 21, 2014 3:09 pm

……posting for email followups….

greymzee
greymzee
March 25, 2014 12:56 pm

Me too

David B.
March 31, 2014 4:49 pm

Terrible day for Benitec stock as some have the jitters due to the delay in the trial at Duke University. This is a volatile long term investment so load up on more shares if you have the capital. Dr. KSS picks winners (DRTX just panned out) so his #1 pick might falter in the short term, but hold fast or , even better, add on the dips for the long term.

analog68
analog68
April 1, 2014 6:34 pm

David B. you have been an outstanding contributor, and I couldn’t agree more. I am fully loaded with 90% exposure. I am thinking about converting from BNIKF to BLT on the ASX market.

Anyway David, you have had a great track record.

Formerly, Nick S

David B
April 29, 2014 1:27 am

Thanks for the nice comment Nick. Right now we are all a bit beat up but this is a marathon, not a sprint.

bobwins
April 28, 2014 11:37 pm

I’m a new holder. Bought last week at 1.26 and added some tonight at 1.08. Stock will likely be weak until the company signs up some participants in the trial.

newbie
April 29, 2014 12:07 am

I want to be as optimistic as The crowd. David you do have good instincts. But I am waiting with bated breath regarding Dr. KSS’s decision about adding on this dip or not. Later

David B
April 29, 2014 1:25 am

Jana–perfect timing is virtually impossible but I would say that Benitec is an excellent buy at the current level. You could even put in a limit order for .95 and you might just get it. Go in with a small position and wait and watch until it begins to turn around and add to your positon.

p1ker123
p1ker123
April 29, 2014 6:22 am

R.I.P. Internet: 1 Explosive InterWorld Stock to Profit HUGE When the Web Goes Dark .
What company/ticker is this teaser ?

David B
May 1, 2014 6:11 pm
Jana, it looks as if the worm is about to turn on Benitec so hope that you got in recently. You will be very happy. Great detective work Jana Gumshoe regarding getting some inside information on the trial. It appears as if the company is being extremely vigilant regarding trial enrollment. This has led to short term pain for investors but may well result in long term gain. I can live with that but right now my very large Beni position has taken a very negative toll on my numbers. Despite getting killed of late, I have not sold a… Read more »
Bob Zack
Bob Zack
April 25, 2015 7:45 pm

What do your senses tell you now?

robertvince
May 22, 2014 9:36 am

Don’t know if anyone posted this May 12th Benitec trial update, here it is just in case:

tyler123dogfiddle
tyler123dogfiddle
May 22, 2014 9:56 am

Hi Robert, the “current” discussion is now on the blog “Hepatitis with a C: Right Now Someone You Know Has It (and Doesn’t Know)” so you might want to re-post there

robertvince
May 22, 2014 10:02 am

Thanks Cyndy, just checked it and looks like it was posted there.
Thanks

dfindlay
dfindlay
June 9, 2014 5:24 pm

So, just received word from my brokerage service of a non-mandatory reorganization or tender offer for BNIKF, which currently expires on 12/31/2018. I cannot determine if this is good news or bad news. I rode the share price down over the past month or so to where it is today, and would rather not lose any more than I already have. I do know I need to take action if I want to keep my shares. Anyone else have a pulse on this?

--MJ
--MJ
June 9, 2014 7:47 pm

I got the same alert from my broker but there were no details in the email. I’m guessing it is because of the new ADR with symbol BTEBY.

–MJ