Monitise (OTCPK:MONIF) / (L:MONI)

By xiexgp@gmail.com, March 10, 2014

Would anyone like to follow/discuss this mobile payment platform stock? Market cap 2B, price $1.35 AM of 3/10. They have partnerships with some large cos. US Bank here, lg. bank in Finland.
Jana Brandao

7 Comments on " Monitise (OTCPK:MONIF) / (L:MONI)"

revsusi
revsusi
March 11, 2014 12:56 pm

Monitise and ESG seem to be competing for similar business in different parts of the world. Both are UK listed AIM companies. MONI seems to be working with VISA. I thought ESG was more interesting, but I’m not sure now.

Jana Brandao
March 13, 2014 11:17 am

MONI has Visa Europe and IBM. Sorry don’t know ESG so can’t compare

zpro
zpro
March 14, 2014 11:30 pm
I have been following and investing in MONIF for 2 years. It was my first foreign investment. Here is what I know. I have researched this industry for a couple of years and have invested in a couple of NFC / Mobile payment stocks. Some this information I previously posted on another SG thread about a Motley Fool teaser. On on March 13, 2014 MF released a”The Death of Cash” teaser to sign up for their newsletter. The teaser talks about the invention of credit cards, mobile payments, NFC, and this mysterious company that is about to explode (sp to… Read more »
Travis Johnson, Stock Gumshoe
Admin
March 14, 2014 11:43 pm

The fool teaser is for the chip company, NXP Semi — they’ve been running the same ad for a long time, we covered it here: http://www.stockgumshoe.com/reviews/motley-fool-rule-breakers/the-next-great-payment-revolution-the-motley-fools-nfc-stock-is/

Doesn’t mean MONIF might not be better, don’t know that one — but it’s not the stock the Fool has been teasing.

zpro
zpro
March 15, 2014 4:01 pm

It also interesting that the MF teaser my brother sent me was stamped with the date “March 13, 2014,” yet if it is the same teaser you mentioned, the information is over 2 years old???! That’s like trying to sell a RZR cellphone today.

zpro
zpro
March 15, 2014 3:46 pm
Travis, Yes, I am aware of that teaser for NXP Semi. The funny thing is that many of the clues in the Death of Cash teaser don’t really add up to NXP Semi – as the other thread you mentioned discusses. You could say their conclusion is somewhat misleading. After all, what hardware technology company has managed to avoid becoming a commodity? With the exception of Apple, it is hard to think of one. And Apple develops a lot of their own applications. Plus, what would Intel be without Microsoft? It has been the application companies that have cornered any… Read more »
zpro
zpro
March 24, 2014 11:22 pm

MasterCard is buying minority interest in Monitise (approximately 10%) and announces agreement to use Monitise services. Monitise appears to have the inside position as the international leader in mobile payments. Mobile payment company Square has a $5B market cap, but not nearly the volume. Monitise share price would be at least $2.50 with $5B market cap (including the additional shares for MasterCard).

wpDiscuz