Toronto vs Pink Sheets

By knorcross, March 26, 2014

Just reading the bit on Altius – would someone please explain to a novice the difference/implications between buying ALS on the Toronto exchange vs buying ATUSF on the pink sheets? I am a US citizen living in the US, if that matters.
Ken

10 Comments on " Toronto vs Pink Sheets"

dotdinero
dotdinero
March 26, 2014 3:59 pm

Like to know what you all think of Natcore….I wanted to try the stock but cannot purchase it in my sharebuilder acct because it is a Canadian stock (TSX) . If I get some positive feedback, I might have to purchase stocks directly.
M.M.

gard
March 27, 2014 1:09 pm

Looking at the 2year chart, Natcore looks like an 80 cent stock, which is what it is at today. In my experience it is a sideways moving stock and will not move appreciably in any direction. have looked at them before many times on email recommendations and they essentially have gone nowhere. As for sharebuilder, I have an account with them but rarely trade with them because of the limited stock choices. So I use a discount broker like TradeKing. Wishing you well in the investing world

bludolphint
March 27, 2014 2:26 pm
I trade in Canada all the time, with no problems I might add, but that’s probably because I live up here. So I guess I’m a higher up irregular compared to the rest. All kidding aside I have had absolutely no problem with the TSX Exchange. I am a bit surprised at the response I hear when the TSX is mentioned to an American, it’s like the Wild North or something. It is very safe; by comparison I have had some trouble in the past with the US Pink sheets & OTCBB, not so much now though. The TSXV IS… Read more »
bludolphint
March 27, 2014 2:31 pm

Forgot to mention to you southeners, that the dividends up here are usually in CAN$
so that might attract you to this side. When given a choice I would pick the main TSX over the PINK SHEETS ANY DAY, BUT THAT’S JUST ME.

Aunt_Barb
March 28, 2014 5:46 am

Ken,

It does matter. Most brokers in the US can definitely sell you stock from both the Venture and regular Toronto exchanges, but there usually are some steep charges. Check first. Most of us buy on the pinks because it is cheaper, but certainly not better. Liquidity is often a problem when you want to sell and nobody is buying that day. “Interactive Brokers” might be a good place to look. Many Canadian stocks are, of course, listed on our exchanges.

moster
moster
March 27, 2014 2:16 pm

StockHouse .ca is a great place to look up stocks to get both Canadian and U.S . information and symbol also SharpChart.com these places are free of charge..

barbg
March 27, 2014 6:42 pm

What do you think about medical heep seed or medical marjiana being approved as so many friends are dying with big pharma treatments

arch1
March 28, 2014 6:19 am

I think that someone dying should have available to them any treatment they choose regardless of present treatment.

arch1
March 28, 2014 6:39 am

I think brokers are shortsighted in not allowing trading in all of UK & daughters including wayward USA at same pricing Today’s worldwide 24 hr a day economy & increasingly online involves little extra cost for them. Short of that Interactive brokers is going to eat their lunch. IMHO

arch1
March 28, 2014 6:51 am

Forgive me for characterization but we are divided by a common language.

wpDiscuz