Quality high-yeild stocks

By dgcannon, April 30, 2014

I would appreciate any input on quality high-yielders that pay a monthly dividend. I prefer the monthly payouts because I always
put the payouts into the dividend reinvestment program at E-Trade. Because of limited capital, I have to concentrate on lower priced shares. All input will be greatly appreciated. I realize that higher yields mean higher risk, but use reasonably tight stops.

10 Comments on " Quality high-yeild stocks"

Jake
Jake
May 1, 2014 2:51 pm

Check out Atlantic Power Corp. AT on Nasdaq, or ATP on TSE. Price is low (3.00 ish), yield is about 10-12 % recently.

mwojnaro
mwojnaro
May 1, 2014 3:12 pm

Try these two:

Prospect Capital PSEC & Fifth Street FSC. They pay monthly dividends. Both are BDO’s so due your own due diligence.

David Cannon
May 1, 2014 6:59 pm

Mark,
Many thanks. As it happens I own both so it’s good to have some confirmation.
Thanks again. Being a member here is really a privilege.

The Blind DayTrader
The Blind DayTrader
May 1, 2014 9:11 pm

I would have seconded the suggestion to consider those (PSEC and FSC). I hold both. Since you knew about those already, perhaps Eaton Vance Risk-Managed Diversified Equity Income Fund (ETJ) is something you might like.

David Cannon
May 1, 2014 9:57 pm

Thank you very much. This one is new to me , and I will get right on it.

David Cannon
May 1, 2014 10:03 pm

Jake,
You suggested Atlantic Power, which I believe is a turnaround situation. Do you think they can sustain their dividend? That could really be a gem. Appreciate your input.

David Cannon
May 1, 2014 10:17 pm

My thanks to everyone who provided input.

greenfire67
May 2, 2014 12:02 am

CQP has worked for me the last 2 yrs.

theblindsquirrel
May 3, 2014 9:28 pm
David: {‘m curious to know why you ask only for low priced issues. It’s the yield you’re after, right.? If a $100 stock pays a $8.00 dividend, you get an 8.0% return. If a $5.00 stock pays a $0.40 dividend, you get an 8.0% return. 8.0% is 8.0% no matter how you cut it – what you paid for the stock has no meaning other then the number of shares you can afford to buy.. You could own 1 share of the $100.00 stock or 20 shares of the $5.00 one. Your result is same-same. So why concern yourself about… Read more »
frank_m
frank_m
May 6, 2014 9:57 pm

I would nominate ‘O’ Realty Income, a triple net REIT which raises its dividend multiple times a year. One downside is that most of the divvy is ordinary income, so be aware of that. I consider it pretty low risk, but do your own research. Another I’ve had for a while is BBEP, smallish oil an gas E&P MLP. Nice yield, some don’t like the K1 tax treatment. Due to the industry and size you’d have to consider it more risky, but I love it.

wpDiscuz