Regado Eyes and Ears discussion/chat room

April 18, 2014

This discussion came about to parallel KSS’s new article on Regado. (If you dont know who KSS is, welcome to planet Gumshoe!) Its aim is to keep the main thread less cluttered, by giving a space to bat stuff around, ask other irregs for help and provide a home for all the ’Thank You’s’. Doubtless KSS will tune in once in a while, so dont think you are being ignored.
Have fun. AH

61 Comments on " Regado Eyes and Ears discussion/chat room"

savethemanatee
savethemanatee
April 18, 2014 12:55 pm
I hate to recommend more work for Travis and his elves, but one thing I’d really love here is an easily-accessible index to each of Dr. KSS’s guest articles, maybe through a pull-down menu that’s visible only to the irregulars. This article has made me itch to review his earlier recommendations, and see how they’ve been doing in the past few months, but they’re hard to find easily. Clicking on his name just calls up all his posts, and as far as I can tell doesn’t split out the articles he’s authored. The same can be done for the other… Read more »
savethemanatee
savethemanatee
April 18, 2014 1:00 pm

editing the above–I see that there’s some links in the “strategies and sectors” tab that are sector-specific, but I’d love something more narrow–just an easy way to find each of his articles by name. Thanks again!

Travis Johnson, Stock Gumshoe
Admin
April 18, 2014 1:17 pm

Author-specific pages, better collecting each author’s articles and recent comments in one place, are in the works. The elves are hard at work fixing a few shaky pieces of the foundation first, so it may be a couple weeks, but I think those pages will be a big help, particularly for fans of Dr. KSS or Myron whose stuff sometimes gets missed by folks.

We’re also considering some faster server solutions, for those who have asked. Your Irregulars membership fees at work!

hipockets
April 23, 2014 8:22 pm

Travis, I file many of the email notifications of comments for future reference. Since many comments that are made are not in linear order, so to speak, and make no reference to the original comment., I hope that including the comment number on the emailed notifications is in your plans. Even, hopefully, to assigning numbers to the sub-comments.

goldnutz
goldnutz
April 21, 2014 5:22 pm

Hi, I did a quick google search for “karmaswimswami” and found a “Seeking Alpha” link.
You may find the following of some help regarding Dr.KSS’s, stocks of interest.

Hope this is of use to you and everyone else.

reggits
April 18, 2014 1:28 pm

Sorry for having gummed up the article comments with questions about options on RGDO. Please forgive me, and thanks for pointing me to the chat room, which I didn’t even know existed. So… are there options for RGDO? Thanks!

Travis Johnson, Stock Gumshoe
Admin
April 18, 2014 1:30 pm

No publicly traded options yet — most likely you’re thinking of employee (or financier) stock options or warrants, those kinds of options rarely make it out into the public markets and are not traded on exchanges.

April 18, 2014 1:31 pm

Well the place to ask is the chat room http://www.stockgumshoe.com/2014/04/microblog-regado-eyes-and-ears-discussionchat-room/
….only created 5 mins ago. Kss deals with the science here.

April 18, 2014 1:36 pm

Sorry, I meant on the main thread.
Travis, good to see the money being spent wisely….. A $ spent returns a profit….or so they say.

donbarrett
donbarrett
April 18, 2014 1:49 pm

Signing up for email; thanks all.

blackwolf
blackwolf
April 18, 2014 1:57 pm

Hey, that is great . The box is checked already. Does that mean one track, the only track, in my one track mind is fixed? Thank you.

KennyG
KennyG
April 18, 2014 2:24 pm

Alan – when should one post on this thread vs posting on the new one that KSS started on Regado? So far it seems to be random.

April 18, 2014 2:48 pm
Thats the problem…..its always been random in the past, so the main thread became totally unmanageable and cluttered . It is hoped that people will use the main thread for the ‘Earth shattering sci-fi’ news that is really worth KSSs ‘immediate attention. If it aint earth shattering, likely he’ll ignore it, so you will have wasted your time posting ….. he’s got a day job too, ya know ! How many emails can you field per day and still get some work done? This chat room is for those who’ve got an itchy scalp ver some issue and need to… Read more »
April 18, 2014 2:57 pm

Log

ectopicbrain
ectopicbrain
April 18, 2014 7:25 pm

Oy! Another thread to monitor…

cmessinger

kiddydoc
April 18, 2014 8:29 pm

log

tompaol
tompaol
April 19, 2014 10:49 am

I sure am glad I am dedicated irregular and still read the incoming news and articles or it may have been a while before I found yet another thread to monitor.
Don’t want to miss anything!
Thank you Alan and Travis and Elves for making this a blockbuster of a news letter.
Tom

eyedoc
eyedoc
April 19, 2014 3:22 pm

log

biotechlong (btl)
April 19, 2014 9:34 pm

log

herbalix
April 20, 2014 11:25 am
Hi Alan, this might be the better place to share my personal story about how i finally quit smoking back in 1989. It might trigger something or not, probably not, but hey one never knows. For me stopping to smoke was rather impossible for some time. You might be laughing if i tell you I had only smoked for about 11 years before I finally quit, but I really was hooked badly. Although I hardly enjoyed any cigarette the last year or so I smoked. My situation was so unsatisfactory that I only could halfway enjoy a cigarette if I… Read more »
April 20, 2014 12:26 pm

So all I need now is someone to hate!! Thats my second weakness….I’m just too nice to hate anyone. 🙂
Thanks for the encouragement though matey. Ill crack it one day. But I keep hearing about others’ horror stories here and think….thank God its only ciggies.

herbalix
April 20, 2014 12:39 pm

Got a little bit nicer myself these days ;-)… the story is back from Jan. 1989.
How about just finding your magic number???

April 20, 2014 12:46 pm

Yep….Jan 1st, 2099. And thats a promise!

herbalix
April 20, 2014 4:47 pm

I really love promises, esp. if one has the feeling that people are really trying to keep them. 😉 You can do it…!!!

bdunker
bdunker
April 20, 2014 6:40 pm
Interesting because I also smoked for 11 years and quit for exactly the same reason. I saw people all around me quitting successfully and I had not been able to do it. I had to admit to myself that they were stronger than I was and my ego would not let me do that so I just quit. The first three days were rough so I just kept working. Never again have I accomplished so much in three days. From there it was all down hill. My advice is never quit trying and sooner or later you will succeed.
ockrazor
ockrazor
April 22, 2014 10:31 am

Alan how about hating QRX?

April 22, 2014 11:52 am

Did they just give up smoking? Oh, I suppose they did. All that will be left soon is ashes.

Hmm…Its a thought.

JackLec
JackLec
April 22, 2014 4:37 pm

Ouch… QRX failed to gain panel approval…

JackLec
JackLec
April 22, 2014 5:06 pm

What happenned? what next?

David B.
David B.
April 22, 2014 5:30 pm
What happened Jack is that MoxDuo got a unanimous No vote at the AdCom and the stock price will now go to Hades. Not to gloat, but I never liked the drug so I don’t have a position. I am currently getting killed in Benitec so I’m not a timing genius. I’m hanging my BNIKF and DRTX hat currently on being an investor rather than a trader. However, to be perfectly honest, I was seeing DRTX more as a shorter term winner that I wouldn’t stay in forever. BNIKF and RGDO will be very long term plays for me unless… Read more »
JackLec
JackLec
April 22, 2014 6:23 pm
QRX gave me lesson: I didn’t like the drug after deeper dd, thought it would re-reach my acquisition price before pannel approval but it didn’tthanks to the biotech crash, then got confident with kss comment on people behind the research and thought “ok let’s play it now that the ticket has cost money”… terrible terrible management, I was playing casino on that trade. For the moment i haven’t earned a penny with these biotech threads, as i couldn’t jump on benitec’s train on time (had to change broker and it took time). Now about to loose some… However I’m confident… Read more »
April 23, 2014 3:16 am

I never earned a penny while I was at school either….but the education has since paid back many many times. Ok, so one loser (due to deception) and several good ponies still running. Judge your luck at the end of the meeting and dont gamble what you cant afford to lose on outsiders.

omcdac1
omcdac1
April 23, 2014 8:35 pm

JackLec – Agree with you.

April 24, 2014 9:50 am

Is anyone else having a problem opening the main Regado thread? Error:404?

Elliot
April 24, 2014 10:36 am

log

April 24, 2014 11:42 am
David, thank you for the time – been following your posts and find you to be level headed and knowledgeable, so thank you for your opinions – you and a lot of others make this a valuable site. Along with the holdings I mentioned, I have positions in a gold ETF and a silver ETF along with an oil “flyer”, which I think was mentioned on GS a while back East West Petro. Anyway, as Mickey Redmond (Red Wing Alumni) says, “this is no place for a nervous person”. Although I feel like we Gumshoers have an advantage collectively, rather… Read more »
Elliot
April 24, 2014 12:02 pm
Bradley, I realize I am not the one you have asked for advice, but I thought I’d chime in and you can take it or leave it. If the positions you have shared are your only positions in your disgretionary portfolio, I highly recommend you (slowly) downsize in biotech and look to diversify across sectors, choosing top notch companies and companies with excellent and/or stable opportunities for growth. My personal opinion is that no one should have more than 40% of their portfolio in one sector … and even 40% is pushing it … if you’re going to be that… Read more »
April 24, 2014 12:28 pm

I hate to sell when they are all down, and plan to reduce or get out if I could get bounce from some of them.

April 24, 2014 12:40 pm
Bradley: Make no mistake…. I work long hours for 4k, so losing it is a kick in the nutz. When’s the last time you paid a plumber 4k for a days work? (no comedians please….thats my job on this thread) Nor was I saying everyone should bet so small that they can say ‘Hey Ho, what do I care about some hot dog money? But everyone needs to exercise an element of self control over how much they can AFFORD to lose without needing to jump out the window before the wife and kids get home. As with all gambling… Read more »
KennyG
KennyG
April 24, 2014 1:01 pm
And this is why Alan is our designated CEO. Words of wisdom occasionally mixed in with humor. You were spot on Alan. Bradley – as an example, I have about 8.5% of my total investment portfolio in BNIKF. That is a lot. Normally I would not go more that 5% in any one stock. This is my only exception. What is working against you (us) is that the entire biotech industry has experienced an extraordinary 5 year performance. Was this a bubble about to burst? Probably. And we all here are basically buying into this just as the bubble burst… Read more »
April 24, 2014 12:18 pm

Thanks Elliot, I appreciate everyone’s opinion for sure!

April 25, 2014 9:46 am

Thanks guys. Your input is very helpful. Part of the reason I am in more bio’s than Benitec is because of the recent “correction”. I think we all agree that there are/were some pretty good buying opportunities created from the correction. I also strongly believe the brilliant minds on this site. I do DD along with the opinions here, but I see a nice advantage being a member of this community. I’m going to wait for some of my picks to come back to green and do a little rebalancing and diversification. Thanks again!

sphereya
May 8, 2014 3:29 pm

Question from the pharma newbie? Did anyone from this most astute forum arrive at a price that they thought RGDO was a good value? When they released that secondary offering who is involved in that, retail or institutions? RGDO has really gotten hammered lately and was curious if anyone thought there was reason? I have read that there is a large short interest.

Any info in very appreciated. Thank you to Dr. KSS for the original article and all of his comments following (and to the rest of nation Gumshoe).

David B.
David B.
May 8, 2014 3:46 pm
Sphereya: RGDO is a great value right now. Secondary offerings and private placements tend to be open to both insitutions and private investors who qualify (middle class folks usually don’t qualify which I think is total BS but that’s why the rich get richer!). There is almost always a large short interest in any small company stock that has volatility. I am personally much more interested in the science behind a small biotech company than all the market manipulations, but perhaps that is why I am not in the 1% yet. The current under performance of Regado seems mostly due… Read more »
robertvince
May 8, 2014 4:04 pm

Added a few hundred more shares today…. Logging in

reasonableguy
reasonableguy
May 8, 2014 6:29 pm
I’m nibbling RGDO at lower and lower prices but taking some solace in the fact that I am buying well under the secondary offering price of $6.00. Of course it is discouraging to watch the price drop, but it is necessary to consider the “script”. If recent history has taught us anything, this is an aggressively-manipulated stock. Not surprising considering its small size, and it can be done with (relatively) small amounts of $$. Based on what’s been happening with this stock recently, I think a valid strategy might be to load up at these lower prices and sell with… Read more »
arway
arway
May 9, 2014 10:58 am

@ Reasonable Guy: You really looks reasonable with a cool head. I saw several of your post. very impressive. I’ll buy some more shares and wait.

bobbill
bobbill
May 9, 2014 12:06 pm

I bought 2000 shares at $6.65 then price went over $7.00 should have sold and bought back in now. Should have went in with the pump and dump strategy but of course hindsight is 20-20. I still believe in the science RGDO is pursuing just wondering if I should buy more at the lower price but the fear factor holds me back. Although not so fearful to sell at a loss.

dgcannon
July 3, 2014 1:25 pm

Haven’t the trials been halted? What are the odds that they can come out of this?

reasonableguy
reasonableguy
May 13, 2014 6:31 pm

This Form 424B3 was just filed today. It’s a registration (prospectus) for “up to” 4,000,000 shares of common stock being sold by “selling shareholders”, meaning RGDO (the company) will not be receiving any of the proceeds. The Form also contains the financials for the quarter ending in March.
Now I think I understand why that group has been shorting the stock recently.
JZstoxx, I would be interested in your take on this. I think we may be in for what is euphemistically called a “buying opportunity”. Four million shares would be a lot to dump if it’s done all at once.

May 14, 2014 8:14 am

Regado has a conference call this morning in 20 minutes. here is number 877-870-4263.
I will post the number on the other threads – hope the brainiac’s get this in time

texastechguy
texastechguy
May 15, 2014 4:33 pm

UGGG! I guess I am gonna buy more to average down my price and forget it for a year or so. I like the company and the science, but need to stop watching the stock so closely. lol

blackwolf
blackwolf
May 15, 2014 4:35 pm

My feelings exactly Ted. Take care.

sphereya
July 2, 2014 8:41 pm

Any thoughts on massive sell off after hours? Allergic reaction problems?

dgcannon
July 3, 2014 1:26 pm

Apparently some agency stepped in and stopped the trials.

R Crotty
R Crotty
July 3, 2014 12:37 pm

RGDO has CRASHED! Down 60%.

dgcannon
July 3, 2014 1:21 pm

What now? How serious is this investigation? Is this fatal to the company? All input greatly appreciated.

dgcannon
July 3, 2014 1:36 pm

Has Dr. KSS commented on the nature and seriousness of the investigation that has caused the crash? If so, I can’t find his comment.

Travis Johnson, Stock Gumshoe