CRISPR’s

By Anonymous Questions, May 7, 2014

For Dr. KSS:

First a sincere thank you for the most informative and actionable information about the most exciting area of human endeavor.
My question involves CRISPR’s and their potential as a revolutionary gene modification technology.
At this time I can only find a private research firm ”Editas Medicine” that has patents on the technology but there seem to be many companies offering ”gene splicing Kits” for as little as $200-$300.
I am still very interested in Benitec and I just opened a small position in OXBT as well.
Does this technology affect the potential market for Benitec.
Since this is the first time I have sent a request I am not sure how to look for an answer.
I have a hard time with the comment chains because they often seem to go off on tangents, even if the tangents are interesting.
Thanks again for all of your fine work. At my age, 70, studying the info that you so graciously and generously offer keeps me young and looking excitedly toward the future.
Thanks again

8 Comments on " CRISPR’s"

omcdac1
omcdac1
May 8, 2014 2:12 pm

log

Dr. KSS MD PhD
Author
21991
May 8, 2014 7:47 pm
Hi OP (Questions): I am glad you are reading and participating in our biotech ever-fandango here. CRISPR technology is getting a lot of attention right now perhaps for the wrong reason: a battle royale between the two women who discovered it, which has now gone into the court system (lawyers, judges and juries are probably not competent vehicles to be reviewing this). What is shaping up now is a basis for a perennial Montague versus Capulet (or Hatfield versus McCoy, if you prefer) feud between the two companies that those two women have split their loyalties and former professional relationship… Read more »
David Gnaizda
David Gnaizda
May 9, 2014 1:41 am

Thank you. I really appreciate your time and expertise and I look forward to learning even more in the future.

omcdac1
omcdac1
May 8, 2014 8:59 pm

Thanks DR KSS for comprehensive information about future gene therapy.
Learned a lot ..

Om

omcdac1
omcdac1
May 8, 2014 9:24 pm

Is there any company using CRISPR technology ?

omcdac1
omcdac1
May 8, 2014 11:18 pm
DBMD
DBMD
May 9, 2014 4:11 am

Great, concise and informative as always. It is interesting that there is redundancy in the code so that if one base pair is altered in the DNA it does not necessarily mean the eventual protein will be erroneous.

alephnull
alephnull
May 10, 2014 5:19 pm

There seems to be a company working on a similar technology developing so-called “smart bomb” type drugs. If you go over to the “Antibiotics don’t get no respect..” piece by Dr KSS and look up comment 129 and 203, you wil find the answer.

wpDiscuz