shah gilani “short side fortunes”

By molar, May 4, 2014

Any opinions on this newsletter?

12 Comments on " shah gilani “short side fortunes”"

1gubbins23
1gubbins23
June 19, 2014 11:44 pm

What type of investment is Shah Gilani referring to when he talks about Short term Fortunes?

Richard
Richard
August 7, 2014 11:06 pm

Options, naked short stock sales and inverse ETFs.

cw99
cw99
July 8, 2014 4:11 pm

Crickets!! I just watched a stupid 45 min video describing but at same time not giving specifics on his short side trades via a Money Map Express. He talks about how to make money on the “other side” of a trade. So, when a stock falls, you make huge gains.

Maybe Travis can figure it out.

Richard
Richard
August 7, 2014 11:03 pm
Based on your confusion, Casey; I presume you are a “plain vanilla investor” or a “newbie” to the markets. No denegration there; we all have to go through the progression of crawling, walking, and then running. Just as you make money on the “long side” by buying low and selling high; you can profit on the “short side” (aka the Dark Side) by selling high on borrowed shares and buying their replacements at a lower cost for the return delivery to the lender. To put on a “naked short”, you must have a margin account. Be aware: if you are… Read more »
Short-Side Fortunes Sucker
Short-Side Fortunes Sucker
September 20, 2014 11:29 am

I am a current Subscriber to this disaster of a service called Short-Side Fortunes! This Guy is nothing more than a Self-Purported “Financial Guru” who doesn’t know anymore about trading the market than my Dog! I took several of his recommendations from 9 months ago specifically on the Options side and lost my shorts! DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY ON ANY OF HIS SERVICES! He’s an Imbecile that will lose you money! Money Map Press out to be held responsible for hosting this Phoney!

Terribly Disappointed
Terribly Disappointed
April 9, 2015 10:52 am
I am a subscriber to “Short Side Fortunes” and have been terribly disappointed with this service. In my opinion, Shah Gilani is a shill for the TBTF bankers on Wall Street- though he hides it well. I lost a fortune following his insane recommendations in Short Side Fortunes. He did this on purpose. He comes across just like any other Wall Street con artist– fear mongering for “the boys” in order to sucker small specs in to shorting and buying puts…. so the house casino can just keep raising the market and stealing money. He regularly puts out disinformation via… Read more »
DONALD DIGENNARO
January 29, 2016 6:42 pm

i HEARD THE 45 MIN. PRESENTATION. i DID NOT JOIN AND I RECOMMEND YOU DO NOT JOIN. i HAVE NEVER SEEN PRESENTATION THAT ASKS FOR YOUR CREDIT CARD NUMBER WITHOUT INFORMING THE POTENTIAL SUBSCRIBER HOW MUCH IT WILL COST.

Arrogance

Bryan
Bryan
February 1, 2016 11:43 pm

Thanks for the excellent comments. The really long video intrigued me so I came here to check it out. Your real world comments made me realize once again – sounds too good to be true, it probably is! I will not be using this service at all.

charles
charles
February 11, 2016 4:56 pm
Now that so many stocks are turning south then pulling back like to a 20 or 50MA and then heading south again, I would like to buy puts on these stocks. I read about the standard “At the money, 3 months out” options to purchase. Any one have a better knowledge about which strike and month to get for a more greater return? What about just buying a year out put leap and let that market run down for the year like securities in oil this past year. would one capture better gains that way? I believe this time is… Read more »
Alex
Alex
February 24, 2016 7:02 am

Anyone have any experience with motley fool options? Are they the most reliable of the subscriptions or is some other One better.
So newbie here!

Dr. Altaf
February 29, 2016 11:03 pm

@Richard:
You explained it to the nails. All hypes & quick money making is the problem. Never be greedy than take risk up to what you could tolerate on transaction by transaction basis.
Stay out with “Stop Loss” and grow slow and steady to gather more snow as Mr. Richard explained. That’s the best.
I heard Mr. W. Buffet made money with selling puts. How many of you do agree? Ok, how to deal in any Asian market where there is no option available?

mikael1978
mikael1978
March 24, 2016 8:51 am
I too have lost a lot of money on this short side fortunes crap.. Im kicking myself for buying into that hype.. first $1900 for the service itself and then bogus advice that looses you money.. stay away!! Im however also member of motley fool stock advisor and options and they have been more accurate. At least I’ve made some profit out of their advice.. but you should always be careful with investments and don’t invest more than you can afford to loose.. which is what they are all about anyway which makes me feel more comfortable with them than… Read more »
wpDiscuz