written by reader Jeff Clark on Options Trading

By mannaharvest7, December 5, 2011

Claims to have proven success using Key secret to identifying Option Plays. Used to be money manager – San Francisco California. Currently publishes “Short Report” with Stansberry & Associates, with $3000 per year subscription. Anyone out there who can refute or validate his claims?

Are you getting our free Daily Update
"reveal" emails? If not,
just click here...

coinwhore
December 5, 2011 11:25 pm

Not at $3000 a subscription …

Jeefu
Jeefu
December 7, 2011 9:08 pm

People, go back and read the comments on this site about Jeff Clark’s earlier incarnation of his option techniques under different secret names. One reader had the patience to back-test his trades for a whole year and discovered all was not as advertised, since he never mentions the losses or the difficulty of trading at his emailed price or various other problems that kept the track record in a pathetic state.

Shaw
Shaw
March 15, 2012 11:48 am
Reply to  Jeefu

I know about Jeff Clark’s claims, and I have been wondering if anyone bothered to keep track of his option recommendations over the course of a year. I knew the results would not be good if he was objectively put on the record–it is clearly a scam.
I couldn’t find the comments you mention. Do you have a link?

Bob
Bob
December 9, 2011 8:17 am

My experience with Jeff Clark was a push. His winners made up for his losers but didn’t increase my bank account. The expectation when sending him $3,000 was that my earnings would increase,not flatline. After a few months I called and canceled. They were courteous and polite,didn’t try too hard to talk me out of it,and sent my refund quickly.

candice
candice
February 2, 2012 8:10 am
Reply to  Bob

Bob, did they issue a full refund??

Gerald Boysen
Gerald Boysen
September 27, 2012 9:31 pm
Reply to  candice

Less 10% refund fee. See my blog in September.

Stansberry CS
Stansberry CS
March 13, 2012 9:25 am

If you have any questions about Stansberry and Associates, please do not hesitate to call customer service at 1-888-261-2693. We would be happy to assist you. We are open Monday – Friday 9-5 EST.

13500 N. Rancho Vistoso Blvd. #439, Oro Valley, AZ
13500 N. Rancho Vistoso Blvd. #439, Oro Valley, AZ
September 4, 2012 5:21 pm

Are you the Jeff Clark that came to our villa a year or so ago? If so, I am selling large picture books of Russia. Pleas contact me.

Jan McGary

David Shults
September 7, 2012 3:20 pm

Well, what’s the LATEST on this fellow?
Stansberry’s “tease” is complelling (they have great marketeer-writers) BUT they don’t REALLY give much INFORMATION: E.g., What SIZE portfolio is needed, and what LEVELs of Options Trading Permission are required to make full use of Clark’s techniques, etc. ?
BTW: The fee is now an exorbitant $4000! SCARY!!
Is ANY Gumshoe subscriber out there ALSO a subscriber to Clark’s “S&A Short Report?”

Gerald Boysen
Gerald Boysen
September 27, 2012 9:35 pm

I was a subscriber in April when the fee was $3k. The first issue is what level are you qualified for with your broker. If you do not qualify for “puts” you will have few trades with Clark. I had six call options, and made money on four lost on two, and my net profit was $370. It prompted me to wonder if I was even going to make my $3,000 back after twelve months. Before the end of my 3 month trial period, they were already talking about the $4k subscription renewal. I was in a no win situation so I cancelled, and asked for my refund, which was minus a 10% refund fee. There are many other Option trade newsletters, which provide more call options, good guidance, for monthly or annual fees dramatically less than Clark’s.

Ej
Ej
November 14, 2012 10:50 pm
Reply to  Gerald Boysen

Can you recommend any?

rigdale
November 15, 2012 8:02 am

I live 3rd Friday to 3rd Friday. I like “The Covered Call Analyzer” which is paid for month to month and runs about $20/month. I wish there was something similar for puts.

EJ
EJ
November 15, 2012 1:30 pm
Reply to  rigdale

Thanks!

Jake
April 8, 2014 6:07 pm
Reply to  rigdale

Do you know what their win/loss recommendations rate is?

BAD
BAD
December 3, 2012 1:25 pm

I recently closed my subscription with the Short Report. My initial trade was good (gold ETF) and I made 50%. From there it was hit or miss. Some energy trades tanked, some technology tanked, a commodity trade went as predicted etc… Seemed the only ones with a chance of being correct were gold/oil plays and only a % of those No, one can predict with perfect accuracy but for 3K I expect you to beat my own record.

The clincher for me was when SA came out with a video touting yet another “extremely successful, self made options trader” who just decided to “share” his magic because he was tired of making money for only himself in yet another newsletter.
Again another huge build up by heading to this camera shy “pro”s huge personal compound only to find out it was the same guy that I was already subscribed to.

To be fair, they were courteous and refunded my balance promptly.

I took the refund and reinvested the in selling puts, which so far has been a far more consistent return.