written by reader Jeff Clark on Options Trading

By mannaharvest7, December 5, 2011

Claims to have proven success using Key secret to identifying Option Plays. Used to be money manager – San Francisco California. Currently publishes “Short Report” with Stansberry & Associates, with $3000 per year subscription. Anyone out there who can refute or validate his claims?

Are you getting our free Daily Update
"reveal" emails? If not,
just click here...

coinwhore
8 years ago

Not at $3000 a subscription …

Jeefu
Jeefu
8 years ago

People, go back and read the comments on this site about Jeff Clark’s earlier incarnation of his option techniques under different secret names. One reader had the patience to back-test his trades for a whole year and discovered all was not as advertised, since he never mentions the losses or the difficulty of trading at his emailed price or various other problems that kept the track record in a pathetic state.

Shaw
Shaw
8 years ago
Reply to  Jeefu

I know about Jeff Clark’s claims, and I have been wondering if anyone bothered to keep track of his option recommendations over the course of a year. I knew the results would not be good if he was objectively put on the record–it is clearly a scam.
I couldn’t find the comments you mention. Do you have a link?

Bob
Bob
8 years ago

My experience with Jeff Clark was a push. His winners made up for his losers but didn’t increase my bank account. The expectation when sending him $3,000 was that my earnings would increase,not flatline. After a few months I called and canceled. They were courteous and polite,didn’t try too hard to talk me out of it,and sent my refund quickly.

candice
candice
8 years ago
Reply to  Bob

Bob, did they issue a full refund??

Gerald Boysen
Gerald Boysen
7 years ago
Reply to  candice

Less 10% refund fee. See my blog in September.

Stansberry CS
Stansberry CS
8 years ago

If you have any questions about Stansberry and Associates, please do not hesitate to call customer service at 1-888-261-2693. We would be happy to assist you. We are open Monday – Friday 9-5 EST.

13500 N. Rancho Vistoso Blvd. #439, Oro Valley, AZ
13500 N. Rancho Vistoso Blvd. #439, Oro Valley, AZ
8 years ago

Are you the Jeff Clark that came to our villa a year or so ago? If so, I am selling large picture books of Russia. Pleas contact me.

Jan McGary

David Shults
8 years ago

Well, what’s the LATEST on this fellow?
Stansberry’s “tease” is complelling (they have great marketeer-writers) BUT they don’t REALLY give much INFORMATION: E.g., What SIZE portfolio is needed, and what LEVELs of Options Trading Permission are required to make full use of Clark’s techniques, etc. ?
BTW: The fee is now an exorbitant $4000! SCARY!!
Is ANY Gumshoe subscriber out there ALSO a subscriber to Clark’s “S&A Short Report?”

Gerald Boysen
Gerald Boysen
7 years ago

I was a subscriber in April when the fee was $3k. The first issue is what level are you qualified for with your broker. If you do not qualify for “puts” you will have few trades with Clark. I had six call options, and made money on four lost on two, and my net profit was $370. It prompted me to wonder if I was even going to make my $3,000 back after twelve months. Before the end of my 3 month trial period, they were already talking about the $4k subscription renewal. I was in a no win situation so I cancelled, and asked for my refund, which was minus a 10% refund fee. There are many other Option trade newsletters, which provide more call options, good guidance, for monthly or annual fees dramatically less than Clark’s.

Ej
Ej
7 years ago
Reply to  Gerald Boysen

Can you recommend any?

rigdale
7 years ago

I live 3rd Friday to 3rd Friday. I like “The Covered Call Analyzer” which is paid for month to month and runs about $20/month. I wish there was something similar for puts.

EJ
EJ
7 years ago
Reply to  rigdale

Thanks!

Jake
6 years ago
Reply to  rigdale

Do you know what their win/loss recommendations rate is?

BAD
BAD
7 years ago

I recently closed my subscription with the Short Report. My initial trade was good (gold ETF) and I made 50%. From there it was hit or miss. Some energy trades tanked, some technology tanked, a commodity trade went as predicted etc… Seemed the only ones with a chance of being correct were gold/oil plays and only a % of those No, one can predict with perfect accuracy but for 3K I expect you to beat my own record.

The clincher for me was when SA came out with a video touting yet another “extremely successful, self made options trader” who just decided to “share” his magic because he was tired of making money for only himself in yet another newsletter.
Again another huge build up by heading to this camera shy “pro”s huge personal compound only to find out it was the same guy that I was already subscribed to.

To be fair, they were courteous and refunded my balance promptly.

I took the refund and reinvested the in selling puts, which so far has been a far more consistent return.

Kurt
7 years ago
Reply to  BAD

BAD, I am interested in learning about selling puts. Can you suggest any web sites or sources of info to learn about this?
Thnx

Jacob
Jacob
2 years ago
Reply to  Kurt

Selling puts are easy, but make sure the market or the stocks future is bad and it will go down in value. Usually the financial institutions will keep it on same price or more than the price you purchased. When the option expire you will see the stock price is going down. be careful in buying puts.

Jacob
Jacob
2 years ago
Reply to  Kurt

selling puts is an easiest way to make money. Only do it if it is at the resistant level. Only sell puts of the companies which you like to buy. Sometimes there is chance of assignment. Sell puts to a limit, which you can buy with your money in the account if assigned.

todd