written by reader John Jagerson and Slingshot Trader?

By tbone3506, August 5, 2012

Has anyone used his service? Info on Slingshot is elusive. Jagerson certainly has the quals. Want to try but can’t find a review on his service. Thanks.

Joe
Joe
October 12, 2016 4:45 pm

I tried the promotion some time ago, lost some money but traded very few options as recommended, I think their claims are a bit imaginary.

Edward
Edward
October 29, 2016 5:46 pm

I’ve been with the service for three months and it’s been very profitable with more winners than losers and with a couple of 100 % winners and one just last week of almost 200%
It’s also great that there is a meeting once a week that they discuss the market and their expectations and then the go over the positions held one by one and then they answer all questions.
So far it’s been really good and worth every penny!

dick
dick
December 26, 2016 4:05 pm

Thanks for all these excellent reviews—- saved me a lot of research / heart break.

Charles Mallett
Charles Mallett
January 18, 2017 9:59 am
Reply to  dick

Charles Of all the comments listed , only one dissenter …Edward . he is obviously doing some thing special. Not enough to cause me to be tempted to join him ! Especially after the 5 year analysis of Slingshot results !

dgawley
dgawley
January 18, 2017 8:48 pm

This is a current message– avoid them like the plague 2016 was an awful year with them — many more losers than winners and their hype shows only the winners — nothing about the losers!!! Regret ever joining their service

dana
dana
February 18, 2017 3:38 pm

Been with them for about two years off and on. Same results as all the others 50/50 on their trades and can have sustained losing streaks. AVOID THEM and save your hard earned dollars

jerryjosh
jerryjosh
March 1, 2017 10:32 pm

I joined Slingshot in December. So far I would have to say that their service is better than the dozen or more other services that I have tried. I trade most all of their suggestions, but do very small amounts, never more that $400 invested in any trade and most of the time I only put in between $200-$300. As of March 1st I have entered 34 trades. 15 winners and 13 losers with 6 trades still open. To date I have a net positive return of $1,640. Not great, but like I said, better than any of the other services.

Robert
Robert
July 10, 2017 3:23 pm

Hello. I have been on Slingshot Trader for around 2 months. I’m totally disappointed with their losing alerts. I asked for a refund due to the losses I took on 3 simultaneous trades. They refused. I’ll never deal with these folks again! I’ve been on many free stock sites that put them to shame.

Robert
Robert
July 10, 2017 3:53 pm

Hello. I have been with Slingshot Trader for around 2 months now, and have done 3 trades with their alerts. All 3 were done in the last 2 weeks. They put 2 recommendations on the same trade in a short period of time, and the day after the 2nd recommendation to buy, they put out a sell recommendation, after myself and I’m sure many others had doubled down. I’ve been with many different stock services and do have not been let down like that. I gave them another try just after that loss, and am down approx 18% on the day after the trade. I’ve been trading for at least 15 years, an have tried several trade alert webs, all with better results than this bunch of losers. I asked for a refund, but no luck with that either. Goodbye, Slingshot Traders.

BobN
BobN
August 5, 2017 4:05 pm
Reply to  Robert

As you will find out, trying to make money by BUYing options, especially from reco’s off an advisory service like this one (and many others that promise consistent profits, Sarnoff, etc) is going to be a losing proposition over the long run. That’s because, if you analyze things mathematically, the probability of winning on long option trades is low – usually less than 25% – you must get not only the direction but the timing exactly right or you risk losing all your investment. Since options are constantly depreciating in value, especially short-term ones, like weeklies, most will expire worthless and you lose all your money on the trade. The smart options traders are option SELLERs – selling premium, using OTM strikes, in which you have an 80% probability or more of being profitable. It’s not as ‘sexy’ or exciting as hitting home runs by buying options, but you’re much more likely to have winning trades than by being an option buyer. Try to learn how to do this and figure out your own trades – by avoiding the rest of the long options traders who ‘follow like lemmings’ off the cliff, you have a much great chance of being profitable over the long-term. BTW – one option selling technique – used by the great Warren Buffet – is selling puts on individual stocks. If the stock price goes up, you keep the premium. If it drops below your strike, you must buy the stock, but at a lower price than it was trading at when you entered the trade. You only do this on great stocks you want to own, since you can wind up with a long position, but if it’s a stock you want to own (which is why Buffet does it all the time) – you get to buy the stock at a great price, or make money from the sold premium, and keep doing it.

August 11, 2017 8:50 pm

ONE ADVISE. STAY AWAY FROM SLINGSHOT-TRADER. You will do better in Las Vegas or Lottery.

Andy
Andy
August 22, 2017 4:08 pm

Here are most of the closed trades from 6/26/17 thru 8/9/17.
You can do the math. I’ve been a paid member for a couple of months. According to my math and their closed trades, You would have lost 3x your money if you took every trade they offered in 2017 thru August.
-64.17% 8/9/17