written by reader Daily Wealth Trader

By rigdale, September 6, 2012

I’m getting videos touting a new S&A newsletter called DailyWealth Trader at $800/year, apparently all about selling puts. I’ve sold covered calls for 15-20 years, but never traded a put and don’t know much about them. I’ve decided to subscribe in 2 weeks. Does anyone else subscribe to this, or has anyone else considered it and rejected it?

Travis Johnson, Stock Gumshoe
September 6, 2012 2:47 pm

I haven’t heard anything about this one specifically, it’s probably a bit tough to get these newsletters to scale because the Stansberry folks have tried to launch put-selling services before without much luck. There are more options selling and spread newsletters out there now than ever before in my memory, but it’s not an area where I have any real expertise or do much writing or analysis.

daveshults1
September 6, 2012 6:56 pm

I wish GumShoe would do an EXPOSE on S&A in TOTAL (ALL the Letters /Services).
I’m signed up for the two FREE letters and subscribed for the (fee-based) Retirement Letter (which so far, appears to be a rip-off.) For the exorbitant fees they ask, they seem like a scary proposition , indeed.

daveshults1
September 6, 2012 7:03 pm

Another Request for GUMSHOE:
I just became exposed to the concept of BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT COMPANIES (BDCs), and the very lucrative returns that APPEAR to be available through them. Rather than flooding Gumshoe with a blunderbuss of random questions, could you suggest a source of tutorial material (which seems to be scarce) we could absorb BEFORE sending questions your way? Perhaps in that way, we could raise the IQ of the questions we send.
Thanks,
David Shults

Donald Bohlken
September 6, 2012 10:31 pm
Reply to  daveshults1
Shanta
September 7, 2012 12:54 am

I subscribed on their special monthly rate of $49/month; they said they were going to pull that rate, so I guess they did if they are offering it at $800/year now.
What would you like to know?

Shanta
September 8, 2012 12:43 am
Reply to  rigdale

I’ve only just subscribed in the past couple of weeks. I am tracking their recommendations and I’ll see how it goes over the next few months. What I like about the monthly subscription is that I can cancel at anytime.
The recommendations are reasonable – for example the last few stock picks they put the minimum of $500 – I can blow that with one Costco trip! I must say the recommendations I am following (on paper) are doing well, but so is most of the stock market this week.
They haven’t announced any naked put calls because they are being patient as there aren’t any worth executing right now.
They also are all over the metals, silver and gold and show you the best ways to invest in the metals.
They also have a ton of information teaching you about options, trading, etc. Very well put together.
I like it. Would you like to see a copy?

Raj Sen
October 19, 2012 3:41 am
Reply to  Shanta

Hello Shanta
with what they have promised, I too feel like subscribing. Having said that, if you could let me have a copy (before I decide to subscribe) that would be helpful. Could you mail to rajsen2@yahoo.com

Patrick Creamer
Patrick Creamer
April 20, 2013 10:34 am
Reply to  Raj Sen

Bill, can you send me a copy of the Daily Wealth Trader (recent or old), if you have one? I’d like to check it out before subscribing to their monthly newsletter.
Thanks, Patrick Creamer