written by reader Palm Beach Current Income

By glseneca, March 30, 2013

Has anyone used this service that can provide guidance of if one should subscribe?

Your Palm Beach Current Income program includes: •Palm Beach Current Income’s 6-part webinar course on our “create your own money” strategy:
Using your home computer, you can watch our 6-part training course online, when it’s convenient for you. We’ll show you real simulations of the Palm Beach Current Income strategy in action, step by step. By the time you’re finished, you’ll be confident in knowing exactly how to use it successfully.

•Palm Beach Current Income research advisory:
Every Tuesday, we’ll send you details on a new opportunity to potentially generate hundreds or even thousands in extra income. We’ll give you all the information you need to know, including the transaction code… and we’ll explain exactly how to take advantage of each new recommendation, in plain English

Brent
March 30, 2013 1:25 pm

Thank you for posting that question as the Palm Beach Current Income strategy looks almost “too good to be true.” I did try to scrape as much information as possible from the teaser videos as well as customer testimonials. It looks like it’s a “put selling” options strategy. It looks like it focuses on large-cap, stable companies because the risk of put selling is that you may end up owning the stock in some cases (which isn’t all bad because you acquire them at a discount).
But $3000 for an options course and weekly newsletter seems a little pricey to me. Throw on the fact that you need to have a margin account with your broker to do put selling which means you need to have some good financial reserves (one of the videos said you should have $20k to work with). Even if phrases like “options”, “margin”, and “put selling” sound completely foreign, you can learn those concepts for way less than $3k IMHO (actually, I think it’s currently $2k right now with a 90-day money back).
Of course, this is all sleuthing on my part. Has anyone actually purchases the service and have something to say?

Gary
Gary
April 12, 2013 4:04 am

This newsletter got my attention. I was hoping to find out if anyone actually purchased it as well. SOunds to good to be true

Gary
Gary
April 12, 2013 4:06 am

anybody have any thoughts

Bob Flynn
December 11, 2016 10:56 am
Reply to  Gary

Thanks Brent!
I appreciate this very much. I’m a long time stock investor and have recently began studying options trading.I’ll keep my 2 Grand and “hit the books.”

Brent
May 15, 2013 12:02 am

I bit the bullet and purchased the 30-day trial for $99 (non-refundable). That is much more doable than forking out almost $2000 (refundable) for 90-days. Amazing how the psychology works. I’ll hand over $99 dollars non-refundable no problem for a trial but wouldn’t fork out $2000 fully refundable for the same offer. But I digress.
Here is my take on this. It is a cash-backed, put selling strategy combined with covered call writing. The six-part webinar series is really basic if you already know how options work. The course does plenty of cheerleading, followed by options basics, and a few sample trades. There really isn’t much to the course and I probably could have aced the 10-question exit exam without the course. Fortunately, you can read the transcripts pretty quickly and not sit through hours of videos if you’re comfortable with options.
What I did like was that it explained the strategy is very plain English. I always knew about selling puts and writing covered calls, but after taking this course I really feel like I “get it” and it isn’t something just for experts traders and it isn’t as risky as I thought. I now have the confidence to actually put this strategy into action.
I’ve only received one newsletter so far. Here’s my take. Why fork out $2000/year for a weekly subscription when you can see the types of stocks this strategy recommends during the trial period? I don’t need to spend thousands of dollars to know that Microsoft is a large and stable company and is a good candidate for put selling. $2000 is a pretty deep hole to start and you have to put down some pretty big trades throughout the year just to break even.
My final thoughts. It’s a good course if you need a pep talk on selling put options. It might be worth the money to actually pay for a subscription (and not just cancel after the trial period) if you really need specific entry and exit points on trades. Otherwise, save your money and learn the strategy for free on any options education website.

KennyG
KennyG
July 17, 2013 2:37 pm
Reply to  Brent

Brent et al;
I know this is a bit late, but having just come across this I wanted to ask just a question or two since you have “seen” whats behind the curtains.
I wonder how the Put strike and expiration are determined? Is it via 1 or 2 standard deviations? How far out in time do the puts get written? And the covered calls I assume are for when/if you actually get assigned the stock as opposed to selling deep in the money covered calls (a covered call is basically the equal of a cash secured naked put write) or writing a covered call on 1/2 the position and a cash secured put on the other?

Thanks for any additional insight you may be able to shed.

Regards,

ken

Brent
July 17, 2013 3:55 pm
Reply to  KennyG

Hi Ken. I don’t recall whether the training went into how they determine the put strike and expiration. They did cover in very loose terms what type of stocks are good candidates for this strategy, but they keep the specifics to themselves. After all, they can’t give everything away in their training videos since they want you to subscribe to their weekly newsletter with buy/sell instructions. It’s really on a stock by stock basis where they weigh the premium received vs. the odds of being assigned.
The training also hand-waved over the covered calls which was only covered in the last training video. They advertised it as just being the inverse of the put sell if/when you get assigned from your put sale. I don’t recall the specifics. I glossed over it since I use a covered call strategy from another newsletter (I forget which one) that has worked out well for me.

KennyG
KennyG
July 17, 2013 4:23 pm

Brent:

Thanks for the quick reply. I do put selling and CC’s pretty regularly, but always figure that someone may have come up with a better mouse trap. I guess it was too much to hope that someone hyping an investment letter would divulge very much info. I guess pretty much everything they said in their teaser is along the lines of the old “falsehood” that something like 80-90% of options expire worthless when it is very far from reality. Most of those 80-90% are in reality options that have been closed before expiration date. Some of which may have been in the money at expiration and some not if they had been held until then.
Anyway, thanks again for the reply, and good trading to you.

Ken