written by reader PASSIVE INCOME TRADER

By silverfox77, June 24, 2013

HAVE YOU HAD ANY ARTICLES ON THIS PUBLICATION IN THE PAST OR DO YOU HAVE ANYTHING TO SAY ABOUT ITS PARABOLIC TRADES STRADEGY?
NEW MEMBER TRYING TO GET FEET WET, CARL WRIGHT

Travis Johnson, Stock Gumshoe
June 24, 2013 5:49 pm

Is that the one that we had as an ad sponsor today in the email? I don’t think I’ve written about them before, most income strategy services are about selling options but I don’t know this one.

(For those who are curious, we try to avoid having promoters and pump/dump firms advertise with us, but we don’t otherwise choose or screen our advertisers. Ads are sold through brokers, we rarely have direct contact with advertisers and do not endorse or recommend our advertisers)

Travis Johnson, Stock Gumshoe
June 24, 2013 7:09 pm
Reply to  silverfox77

The premium/irregulars stuff can be browsed by using the green Irregulars menu above to see past Friday File weekly notes, past Idea of the Month features, or the occasional notes about my personal portfolio. The irregulars also receive a weekly email of the latest Friday article.

Dominic
Dominic
June 24, 2013 7:05 pm

Travis,
Yes, it is in your e-mail today. In fact, I am really disappointed that you are sending that kind of information to us, your subscribers.

You may have a look at the following to discover what type of business Market Authority really is.

Regards,

Dominic

Dominic
Dominic
June 24, 2013 7:14 pm

Travis:

Why did you erase my comment on that passive strategy sent to us via e-mail today? I thought, you would treat a paying subscriber better than that.
I just cancelled my paid subscription.

For those interested:

Travis Johnson, Stock Gumshoe
June 24, 2013 9:51 pm
Reply to  Dominic

Nothing was erased, we just don’t automatically publish comments that have links in them as part of our spam-filtering efforts, they have to be manually approved. Both your comments are now live. We cannot promise to screen advertisers with any significant level of granularity not only because we simply don’t have the manpower, but more importantly because we don’t wish to imply that advertisers are somehow endorsed or approved by us. They are not.

We sell the space we have available to brokers and reject ads in the newsletter that imply our endorsement or that are clearly pump-and-dump promotions, but we go no further. The Google ads on the site are run entirely by Google and they serve different ads to every individual so we can and have occasionally blocked a specific ad that offends but most of the time we won’t have even seen the millions of different ads that might cycle through the site for different readers.

Every publisher who relies on advertising revenue draws a line somewhere, those are the lines we’ve drawn. I’m comfortable with our balancing act, but I certainly understand that not everyone feels the same way. If you didn’t hear back from Lynn about your cancellation, please let us know and we’ll make sure your refund goes through.

Bill Vogt
Bill Vogt
June 25, 2013 5:49 pm

Travis: I understand, but do not agree on you position regarding advertisers. My hope is that one day you will be successful enough to reject advertiser who have been convicted of defrauding folks (e.g., Porter Standberry).

Rusty Brown in Canada
Rusty Brown in Canada
June 25, 2013 6:46 am

Aha! Thanks, Travis. Now I finally understand why some of the ads on your site seem to be promotions by the very kind of situations that you caution us about. Suddenly it all makes sense!
Keep up the good work on our behalf.
Thanks, and greetings from a loyal reader in Canada.
RB