written by reader Hodges’ latest gold stock tout

By dgcannon, March 14, 2014

Anyone have any idea what small gold company, purportedly based in Idaho, Nick Hodge is teasing to sell his ”Like Minded People” newsletter? Just received the interminable video touting it as the answer to China’s gold buying spree. Travis, could you help us out
on this one?

dougj34
dougj34
March 14, 2014 11:18 pm

Listen, Hodge is a decent guy making an honest dollar. Hodge does not overcharge for his work, buy Like Minded People and find out what he teases, I did. It is not easy finding guides of character, I think Hodge is one of them. I bought a position in the gold he refers to, my ethics will not allow me to give it up. I view my paid subscription to Stock Gumshoe about the same as my subscription to Hodge’s stuff, an investment rather than an expense. I put up some cash to share in the wealth, hope you will do the same.

dthorne1
dthorne1
March 15, 2014 2:09 pm

come on Douglas. we are a community. Some people buy and share information, that’s what stock gumshoe is about.

dougj34
dougj34
March 15, 2014 4:32 pm
Reply to  dthorne1

K, I have given that some thought also. I prefer Doug, did not think about that when I signed up. I still think you ought to sign up with Hodge but in the meantime check out Midas.

bosley
March 16, 2014 1:31 am
Reply to  David Cannon

AMEN!

dougj34
dougj34
March 17, 2014 10:57 pm
Reply to  dgcannon

David, that is one of the reasons for experience, to discuss. So we both know what the other thinks about Hodge and the teaser community. I only started trading six months ago after a 6-7 year break ’cause I was broke. I took a series of big hits and had to regroup to start over again. I am still with less than a buck stocks, kind of like it this way. I got into Natcore, Fission, Stellar and a few others, only been burned once (ENIP) to date. I got to feeling impulsive one day and did no research, I bought without looking. I jump on a Stock Psycho feature once in a while, it makes my heart pump but I like the longer term speculative buys best. I am looking for a medical marijuana enterprise that does something other than feed weed to people. At least phase II clinical with some substance, shells/scams are everywhere. I am hoping GLCO has more to it than can be seen right now.

Eddy9
Eddy9
March 18, 2014 3:29 am
Reply to  dougj34

Hi Douglas:
For MJ stocks there is a new kind of thread staring in Gumshoe: ” Hemp companies” (under” “Questions”). Just in case.

Eddy9
Eddy9
March 18, 2014 4:04 am
Reply to  Eddy9

Not “staring”. Starting.

Delacy
Delacy
May 20, 2014 10:33 am

I also have my doubts about anything Nick Hodge touts. Most of the companies he pushes always have different figures to what he states. Midas gold corp however does seem a little bit more promising. The truth is all gold stocks are currently at a bargain. They have taken a hit due to the correction in gold prices, but it is very unlikely that gold will stay at 1200- 1300 for too long. With demand from India and China increasing among many other reason, it is very possible for gold to get back to around 1400 or better by the end of 2014. This will push gold stocks up higher than they are. I don’t recommend putting all you eggs in Midas gold basket but spreading them around several good quality gold stocks is probably a fairly sound investment. I read a very detailed valuation of Midas gold here http://seekingalpha.com/article/2107633-when-the-facts-change-then-we-change-investors-should-consider-midas-golds-significant-upside. The key thing to look for in gold stocks is the all in cash cost of producing an ounce. Midas boasts a fairly low one.

drlinks