written by reader The Crow’s Nest by Jimmy Mengel

By Anonymous Questions, March 30, 2014

The Outsider Club is touting IRM(72) programs as a way to grow rich with little risk. For a subscription to The Crow’s Nest by Jimmy Mengel. He will provide you with names of companies that offer this easy way to invest. You can buy shares directly from a company and continue to reinvest dividends without losing their value should the market decline. Is anyone familiar with such programs? Please advise.

Lynn Clark, Stock Gumshoe

No one has reviewed that one on our site yet, but if anyone has an opinion, please feel free to add it here: http://www.stockgumshoe.com/reviews/crows-nest-the/

Steve
Steve
6 years ago

It’s probably nothing more than this:
And the stock prices fluctuate in a plan like this just as they would in a regular brokerage account. Only difference is the company runs the plan. Used these in our investment club at one time.

Bob McQuist
Bob McQuist
6 years ago
Reply to  Steve

So the DRIP is similar to the IRM (72) although the thing that strikes me funny is that scouring the internet for days now and the only one talking about or even knows about this IRM 72 is crows nest and this Jimmy Mengel guy. Now Im not saying he isn’t credible but lets be real its the internet and you can’t trust anything you read on the web. I even searched the IRS.gov and nothing about IRM(72) came up in pages upon pages of search results so I don’t know for sure about this. Til i gain further insight I’m holding off. Hope this helps.

Roy Kronenberg
Roy Kronenberg
6 years ago
Reply to  Bob McQuist

Found this at the SS site

Tommy McCulley
Tommy McCulley
6 years ago
Reply to  Bob McQuist

I’ve had a similar experience scouring the internet for a secret “770 account” touted by another investment subscriber service. Supposedly called 770 because of the special IRS code attached to it. Tried locating tax code 770 on IRS.gov and nothing useful. But the description of the plan sounds the same, except Mengel was more specific about buying directly from the company instead of through a broker. With that info, might try contacting investor services at the corporate office of your favorite dividend paying companies.

Eric
Eric
6 years ago
Reply to  Tommy McCulley

I thought the 770 plans were whole insurance plans. And I belive there is this extra payment (deposit) that you make to it to pay the plan up. I am still reading on them.

Travis Johnson, Stock Gumshoe
Reply to  Eric

Yes, those “770 plans” teased by the Palm Beach Letter folks are participating whole life insurance policies with paid-up additions (to maximize the dividends/participation and cash value and minimize the actual death benefit). We had a long look at (and long discussion of) those “770 plans” here.

Holly
Holly
5 years ago
Reply to  Bob McQuist

Jimmy did say it’s what “he calls it”…perhaps it is merely a drip fund?

Carlton Hunter
Carlton Hunter
6 years ago

is this really true

Carlton Hunter
Carlton Hunter
6 years ago

Ok now I see how you make your money it’s off the membership $69, $99, $249 that’s $417 dollars if 3people bought a plan each.

Chuck
Chuck
6 years ago
Reply to  Carlton Hunter

Right on, Carlton and Steve. Just a DRIP like suggested in the NAIC (National Association of InVestors Council). I heard about it when I was an investment club member. The term IRM(72) is just a mengelian term for scheme to take advantage and make easy money for the crow with “memberships”. Caveat emptor!!!

Steve
Steve
6 years ago
Reply to  Chuck

The 72 I believe refers to the rule of compounding interest, or the rule of 72!

susan
susan
6 years ago

IRM stands for Individual Retirement Multiplier

Travis Johnson, Stock Gumshoe

Good points, we’ve had a lot of questions so I wrote up IRM(72) and the “second income” teasers here.

rich richards
rich richards
3 years ago

I want all the information that I can get on Marijuana stocks