written by reader What is Frank Curzio’s latest Phase One gold reco?

By summerpd, July 16, 2014

It is teased in the e-mail ”Warning – Pls. read BEFORE you buy gold” which goes on to give Frank’s 5 rules for buying gold stocks. ”In this month’s issue of Phase 1 Investor Frank revealed his newest junior gold pick. This tiny company meets all 5 criteria and Frank thinks it can soar.
It has one of the best management teams in the business and enough cash to operate for almost two years.
Its flagship project is in Nevada and has infrastructure in place.
The management team is invested, owning about 3 million shares.
What’s more, two titans of the resource sector own another 20% of outstanding shares.
It’s almost unheard of for large mining companies to take such a large position in a stock this small. They must know that this company is going places… soon.
In fact, Frank’s convinced you could see gains of at least 100% in the next 12 months…
And if gold keeps going up, he believes you could see gains of more than 300%… ”

Travis Johnson, Stock Gumshoe
July 16, 2014 2:57 pm

I haven’t been able to solve this one definitively yet, but the early “best guess” is Gold Standard Ventures (GSV). Curzio has recommended that one before, they have some potentially large Carlin Trend projects in Nevada, and they have substantial ownership from Albert Friedberg as well as insider executives who own several million shares.

It’s not a perfect match, though, because they don’t have two years of cash on hand and I think it’s a stretch to say they’re 20% owned by “major miners” — Friedberg’s investment firm owns about 13%, I believe.

Another possibility is Pilot Gold (PLG.TO), which also does not match perfectly. And there are probably plenty more that I haven’t gone over with a fine toothed comb yet — anyone else want to dig into this one for a bit and see if you have some good suggestions?

πŸ‘ 16195
Dan Greengold
Dan Greengold
July 16, 2014 3:31 pm

I believe it is Alacer Gold Corp (ALIAF)

Travis Johnson, Stock Gumshoe
July 16, 2014 10:25 pm
Reply to  Dan Greengold

Alacer’s projects are in Turkey, not Nevada. Kind of interesting looking company, though.

πŸ‘ 16195
Don
Don
July 16, 2014 3:39 pm

It might be Rimrock (RMRK). You can read about its potential in an article published on 321gold (http://www.321gold.com/editorials/moriarty/moriarty070314.html),

Crazy Frank
Crazy Frank
July 16, 2014 5:25 pm
Reply to  Don

I’m going to throw out a WAG, better known as a “willd a**sed guess”. No, I didn’t try to ferret out the company based on what Curzio says but I think the company in question is PZG, Paramount Gold and Silver. The reason I think it’s them is because they’ve been teased by Phase one before. I own some of the shares now from a temporary ( very temporary ) glitch by the Stansberry group that gave me a week’s access to Phase one. I saw the stock being touted and picked up 1000 shares in both my rollover and Roth IRAs. It did run up to $4.00 and some change but alas, I hung on hoping for bigger gains and it’s now fallen to unde r $1.00. I paid $1.35 so I’m hoping a resugence of interest in gold and silver will bring the shares up enough that I can sell them at a profit. Even if it’s a small one.

Lulu
July 16, 2014 5:35 pm
Reply to  Crazy Frank

Otherwise known as pump n dump??

πŸ‘ 1301
Travis Johnson, Stock Gumshoe
July 16, 2014 10:38 pm
Reply to  Crazy Frank

Paramount fits the clues about as precisely as GSV, which is to say it’s sort of close but not very convincing (no big insider ownership from major mining investors or miners that I know of). I do remember the Stansberry tout on that one a while back, too, it was several years ago if I remember correctly.

πŸ‘ 16195
bob40001
bob40001
July 17, 2014 10:42 am
Reply to  Crazy Frank

I believe it is Canamex…. CNMXF HL and GORO have about 20% i believe

πŸ‘ 6
harley
harley
July 17, 2014 3:40 pm
Reply to  bob40001

YOU ARE DEFINITELY RIGHT!

Travis Johnson, Stock Gumshoe
July 16, 2014 10:31 pm
Reply to  Don

They tell a good story and are in Nevada, but way, way too tiny for even Phase 1 to be able to talk about them without blowing up the stock. Market cap is $3 million, I’d expect no big miners or investors or even insiders to own any shares unless they’re paying employees in shares. Always enticing to see such a teensy weensy one, but a $3 million company shouldn’t be publicly traded — don’t know the company at all other than a quick look at the ticker page on Yahoo Finance, but it looks like they might have had some accounting issues as well.

πŸ‘ 16195
Jane
Jane
July 16, 2014 11:24 pm

I go with Pilot Gold. What do you think doesn’t match?

Jim D
Jim D
July 16, 2014 4:49 pm

I think it is Allied Nevada Gold

Travis Johnson, Stock Gumshoe
July 16, 2014 10:42 pm
Reply to  Jim D

Allied Nevada has been producing for a while — they’re growing production this year, which looks promising, but I think the pitch was for a stock that’s got infrastructure nearby or in place but, by implication, isn’t actually producing ore yet.

πŸ‘ 16195