written by reader Any thoughts on Chuck Hughes / Tradewins?

By subprime, October 1, 2014

Here is the latest one I’ve received:
4 minutes to prove $7million profit, 96.79% accurate

4 Minutes To Prove It’s Real – Over $7 Million in profits and 96.79% Accurate!

Lifetime Income System

WOW… That’s one heck of an opening line!

And in this video you’ll get to examine actual account statements proving the reality of this incredible vision of mounting wealth…

The first week paid $4,831.20… then $6,755.36 in week two… week three paid $10,698.36… $12,295.20 in week four… then $13,697.46… and that’s just the beginning!

The income “snowball” you’ll witness in this video has a 96.79% win-rate and has produced a gross income of $7.485 Million over the past five years.

This is real money we’re talking about… nothing hypothetical or simulated…

And you won’t believe how low-risk, quick, and easy it is to do! Why not click on the link below and see for yourself?
Take Your 1st Step to a 6-Figure Lifetime Income

If you can spare just 4 minutes, I’d really encourage you to watch this Lifetime Income System video. Believe me; it’ll be well worth your time. Click here now.

Sincerely,

Terry Walker

PS Click here to download a free 122-page ebook… loaded with illustrations, notations, and actual trade records… showing step-by-step how you can easily turn a little-known trading “loophole” into a sizable weekly income. Click here now.

Jerry
Jerry
April 30, 2018 4:39 pm

Chuck Hughes is a pure SCAM ARTIST and a crook! I bought his book and DVD (neither of which had anything other than a bunch of bullshit broker statements from ten years ago) and a few hours later get a call about his exclusive advisory service. $6k for 1 year or $8k for two years! If I could tell myself now to save that money I would but I made the biggest mistake of my life bought the 1 year. Every trade he put out was pure garbage and caused me to lose upwards of $25k in the first 4 months. When I brought this to the attention of his staff they pointed towards their disclosure agreement and no refund policy. He is an absolute scum. Stay far far away.

william schott
william schott
May 5, 2018 7:15 pm

I bought chucks book off of CNBC. I did learn a couple things from it but some of the examples they used for trades can’t exist. I also received a sales pitch brochure in the mail to join his inner circle. One of the trades he shows on page 10 of the flyer was a market neutral calculator showing a costco trade. It shows the stock price at $119.42 and if you were to buy a 115 call strike you would pay.21 cents and you buy a 120 put for .21 cents. It shows that if the stock stays were it is you would make a 1090.5% profit. And if it goes up or down you would even make more. Looks to me like they fudged the number for the 115 strike. It is impossible to pay that little for that contract cause there is $4.42 intrinsic value to that contract alone. Looks like creative math to get people to pay them 4-5k. I was going to try there system as they wanted 5k but was reluctant to put 5k on my credit card. Thank god i did not after seeing the numbers in the flyer and all the bad reviews online my suggestion is stay away. It sounds like a rip off to me.

Jack
Jack
June 15, 2018 2:45 am
Reply to  william schott

william schott, from reading many posts such as yours, I am going out on a limb to make a guess at what happened. Chuck is surrounded by marketing people. My guess is that “team” hires a copywriter to produce the flyers that you spoke about. It would not be a far stretch of the imagination to guess the copywriter did NOT understand the subject at all. They do not know their arse from their elbow so to speak. Intrinsic value, extrinsic value, whats the difference, just fill in some numbers and hit print. Ditto for the “team” in the office, I will speculate nobody is assigned to proofread. This is sad because I still believe that Chuck Hughes is an OK guy and a GOOGLE search will tell us he really did the things he claims winning the trading championships.

marie
marie
July 28, 2018 4:46 pm
Reply to  Jack

I believe that you could certainly be correct, Jack. I am not great with my grammar, but I certainly noticed that the ebook “Hughes Option Strategies” had NOT been proofread very well. There were areas that completely repeated information from previous pages.
I felt that something didn’t “smell right.” This team is supposed to be professional. Some people are putting thousands of dollars into Hughes’ pocket. I would think that the quality of the writing should carry some weight. (Aside from the fact that it made the reading, rather confusing)

Gary
Gary
May 6, 2018 11:02 pm

One of Chuck Hughes’ suggestions is to create synthetic covered calls using options..ie he buys the ITM usually 95% Delta and will sell around the money or ATM receiving all time value, not a bad strategy but he fudges the numbers a lot per Williams S post. But he has not done well since our slight pullback started in Jan. The last few months his recommendations have been losing cause covered calls do not work in a downtrending market esp. while the chosen equity is also in a slight downtrend. It’s important to know when and where to enter your position. Usually that would be at support or resistance zones with market trend and your chosen equity following that trend. . More importantly, to determine which of theses zones are a quality strong zone vs a weak or ‘just another resistance or support zone’ which you ignore. Moreover, candlestick patterns don’t matter until they come into these zones. I canceled a monthly service with C Hughes because he was buying calls on pullbacks in our current downtrend which is not working. If anyone is thinking about putting out 5/6K it should be invested in yourself and get educated on how to identify quality zones and trends.

Charlie
Charlie
May 31, 2018 11:20 am

I recently tried a trial subscription to one of his advisories recommending debit spreads. it’s advertised as being 90% accurate. So far it is barely 50%. I am up on his recommendations; but only because I didn’t take all of them. Some of his picks tanked all immediately and there was no advice from Chuckie as what to do now. Most of the advisories I work with come out almost immediately with advice if a recommendation starts going bad. I notice he shows a track record going back to the market bottom in 2009; how nice to just happen to pick the bottom. This guy needs to spend a lot more time analyzing and less time marketing. Don’t buy his stuff.

Steven
Steven
June 16, 2018 10:45 pm

Look guys – if Chuck Hughes (or any of these ‘amazing’ guru option traders) has such a fantastic system, making 5 figures/month trading options – WHY THE HECK WOULD THEY WANT TO SELL IT TO ANYONE? They wouldn’t – they would keep it to themselves – accumulate a multi-million $$ nest egg and move to Hawaii or buy some deserted island and live like Sir Richard Branson!. I have been fairly successful being an options seller, but it took a lot of trial/error, patience and willingness to take risk and accepting losses – and YEARS of trading – some successful, some unsuccessful. It definitely has NOT been a ‘get rich quick’ experience and my profits have been modest – nothing near what Chuck Hughes brags about making in his ads. It is NOT something I would be comfortable sharing with others, nor asking then to pay me to teach them how to do it because it involves a lot of risk, especially in the beginning when you are getting started and learning how options work and behave. That is how I know what all these s