written by reader Uveitis Development orphan status

By xiexgp@gmail.com, November 20, 2014

I just read (watched) a presentation from Mike Ward of Wall Street Insights & indictments for a biotech newsletter touting a $4 stock for a $28 million California company that has just received (or is about to) orphan status for a new Uveitis drug.

ABBV has one listed, but is a $65 stock.

Any one have a clue as to what this company is?

DAVID MONTGOMERY
DAVID MONTGOMERY
November 21, 2014 4:25 pm

I also spent the hour plus listening to Mr. Wards presentation, not wanting to rush into a $1950 investment on ?. I found this info on Drugs.com.
EDMONTON, March 26 /CNW/ – (ISA:TSX): Isotechnika Inc. today announced that their partner, Lux Biosciences, Inc., reported the results from the three Phase 3 LUMINATE trials investigating voclosporin oral capsule (LUVENIQ(TM) or LX211) for the treatment of uveitis. Voclosporin is a next generation calcineurin inhibitor that Isotechnika has licensed to Lux for ophthalmic indications. The data show a positive effect on ocular inflammation and a safety profile consistent with the expected use in uveitis. Following full analysis of the data, the results of the LUMINATE clinical trials will be submitted for publication and presented at upcoming conferences. In parallel, Lux Biosciences will be preparing submissions for approval.

it sounded like the right drug, but couldn’t pull up the stock quote “ISA:TSX”.
Would be interested in following this thread.

Gord
Gord
December 9, 2014 2:19 am

Isa merged with Aurinia and now trades AUP on TSX V… current $4.28…. mkt cap 138 m.

v
allan pangallo
allan pangallo
January 17, 2015 1:07 pm

The company is Psivida Corporation as of close Friday 1/16/15 a little over $4

allan pangallo
allan pangallo
January 17, 2015 1:10 pm
Reply to  allan pangallo

PSDV is the symbol

modernrock
November 24, 2014 4:44 pm

It was already profiled last week, see above.

Dolfnman
Dolfnman
November 26, 2014 11:22 am

I too am listening to this presentation. After some research I believe the company is XOMA.

Ron Ivens
Ron Ivens
November 27, 2014 9:06 pm

I too listened to the presentation. He said it was a California based company around $4. Xoma is the only one I found.

Pesi. D
Pesi. D
December 1, 2014 5:24 pm
Jerry
Jerry
December 2, 2014 10:14 pm

I found XOMA as well. I thought it was it. So I tried to buy it. But it went up so fast, so I had to buy Market Price. I did buy at 5.40. It fits all the descriptions. About $4 and market value around $28M.

Jerry
Jerry
December 2, 2014 10:19 pm
Reply to  Jerry

Correction: About $28M revenue, not market value. It is also an CA company.

Jerry
Jerry
December 2, 2014 10:33 pm
Reply to  Jerry

I found some confirmation about this tiny company is indeed XOMA. See the link below:
Hope we all make a good return. Take care.

brian
brian
December 4, 2014 10:57 am

Xoma-I looked at insider trading information and fidelity showing a lot of insider selling over the last several months. Also institutional buying slightly positive current quarter at positive 400k and negative previous quarter with net negative 11.5 million shares outflows ?
Thoughts

jvr052
jvr052
December 8, 2014 9:19 am

Baker Brothers sold 2,300,000+ shares over 3 days last week. That doesn’t look like cause for optimism.