written by reader New Solar???

By povhq1, January 15, 2015

The following headline appeared today. Anyone know WHO and what AK is talking about?:
Every Solar Power Company Just Became Obsolete
By Alex Koyfman | Thursday, January 15th, 2015

SoGiAm
January 15, 2015 11:41 pm

My guess Alex is shrilling NENE-New Energy Technologies, Inc. is a development-stage company. The Company conducts its operations through three wholly owned subsidiaries Sungen Energy, Inc. (Sungen), Kinetic Energy Corporation (KEC), and New Energy Solar Corporation (New Energy Solar). The Company is a renewable and alternative energy company developing two sustainable electricity generating systems. The Company focuses on the development of two technologies: MotionPower and SolarWindow. The CompanyÒ€ℒs SolarWindow products in development are designed to generate electricity on glass while remaining see-through. MotionPower products in development are systems that generate clean electricity by capturing and making use of the kinetic energy of moving vehicles. As of August 31, 2013, it had no commercial products. As of August 31, 2013, the Company had not generated any revenues.
2014 Shareholder Letter from President & CEO of New Energy Technologies, Inc.
9:15a ET December 18, 2014 (Business Wire) The following is a statement by John A. Conklin, President & CEO, New Energy Technologies, Inc. (OTCQB: NENE):… Also filed 10Q on 1/14/15. BEWARE IMHO. Do your own DD carefully. Best to ALL!-Benjamin

πŸ‘ 11485
rosalindr
January 16, 2015 10:18 pm

Sogiam is correct. I do not subscribe to Alex Koyfman’s newsletter, but I did some research on New Energy Technologies (NENE).

They are primarily a research company with two main products in development. Their scientific staff appears to be highly qualified for this research.

They do not yet have any products for sale or any income. Even though the company has been around since 1998, it is still highly speculative. It was formerly called Octillion. The new name fits it better.

I took a chance and bought 500 shares @ $1.55. I am willing to risk $775 that they will be successful in the long run, but you must be willing to lose half or more of your investment or hold it for however many years it takes to produce a marketable product.

Roz

πŸ‘ 26
Travis Johnson, Stock Gumshoe
January 17, 2015 12:17 am
Reply to  rosalindr

I look at them every now and then, they’re often teased. It worries me that a tiny R&D firm spends so much on SG&A and so little on R&D, but I haven’t looked deeply at their progress (or lack thereof, perhaps) in quite a while.

πŸ‘ 16577
Alan Harris
Alan Harris
January 17, 2015 8:41 am

Off topic: Travis, I know theres a ‘Suggest an Tease’ place somewhere on the GS site, but damned if I can find it. Saw a tease about the new Bitcoin ie Rewards and ways to exploit it. If you find time to look http://pro.wallstreetdaily.com/TAOREWARDSUSPRC/MTAOR105/?a=9&o=64084&s=69177&u=1123245&l=449637&r=MC&g=0&h=true

SoGiAm
January 17, 2015 8:51 am
Reply to  Alan Harris

Good morning Alan-third button from the very top left…two away from home button (Discuss)! Bless our beloved CEO πŸ™‚ Have gr8 weekend ALL!-Benjamin

πŸ‘ 11485
SoGiAm
January 17, 2015 8:58 am
Reply to  SoGiAm

Or contact “Submit a teaser” in subject field; The 5th button on the very top left Best-Benjamin

πŸ‘ 11485
charlier1955
January 19, 2015 9:17 am
Reply to  Alan Harris

I am 90% sure that it is Points.com; points international ltd; PCOM is an exchange site for all the points and loyalty programs. Those of you who use loyalty programs for the airlines, hotels and others might find it interesting. They are making some money now: http://finance.yahoo.com/q/ks?s=PCOM. but the stock price is about 11 now down from 30 in the last year . I would like to hear from others who use these programs and see if they like points.com THX Charlie

πŸ‘ 43
toff
toff
January 19, 2015 1:22 pm
Reply to  Alan Harris

You can also just email the link or text to Travis’ original and still-active address: ilovestockspam@gmail.com .

πŸ‘ 85
Alan Harris
Alan Harris
January 19, 2015 3:36 pm
Reply to  toff

Thanks Chris….but I dont think that was the call he was making in the teaser (play it and youll see) It seemed more like a strategy than a stock.

Rosalind Rogoff
January 17, 2015 10:00 pm

Travis,
That came up in my mind too. Are they really trying to manufacture a product or just existing on stock promotions? So far it appears to be the latter, but they really are making a product, which if they can ever get it right could be a big money winner. I have a list of questions to ask them. I’ll post the Q & A here when I get a response.

Roz

SoGiAm
January 17, 2015 11:07 pm

NENE-Rosalind after 27 or so years and blowing through +$24M (retained earnings reflected in most recent balance sheet) I’d say the latter also, as I tried to emphasize in post #1 above without being point-blank. Much better investments may be discovered here: http://www.stockgumshoe.com/2015/01/the-2015-stock-gumshoe-biotechnology-awards-show/#comment-4040881 IMO. Best to ALL!-Benjamin

πŸ‘ 11485
rosalindr
March 6, 2015 7:32 pm

The latest news is they are changing their name to Solar Window Technologies with a new ticker symbol SOLW to take effect on Monday. I called to make sure my NENE shares would be converted over. NENE has gone up on the news and I’m showing a small profit now.

I’m not sure if this is another ploy to promote the new stock since the old NENE was losing its luster, but they do have a workable product for window treatment. They have been testing a film application of the solar window, which would be easier to market and install than the liquid. So it almost looks like they might have something they can make in enough quantities to sell. They retained the Motion Power technologies but will not be working on it for now. All resources will be focused on the Solar Window.