written by reader Ack! sounds like the end if the world!

By cpr777, March 28, 2015

I’m new. Signed up to be an irregular. Its a pleasure reading all the articles and discussions. Love the thinkolater! Here’s something that peaked my curiosity. …
Fellow Investor,

Last year onΒ 60 Minutes, I predicted that KiOR, a prominent alternative-energy company, would collapse before the end of 2014. Intimidated (or displeased) by my bold call, CBS-TV cut my forecast from the telecast.

Upshot: KiOR declared bankruptcy in November 2014, claiming losses of $629.3 million. The loss for investors was total.

Today, I’m predicting that a major global oil company will vanish by the end of 2015. I promise you’ll gasp when you read the name.

Find it here.

Robert Rapier
Chief Investment Strategist

Ed Huggins
Ed Huggins
5 years ago

Are you excluding mergers? I would not be surprised if several “major” companies would merge or spinoff portions that are loosing money or are heavily leveraged.

Ed

Ed Huggins
Ed Huggins
5 years ago

See above comment

modernrock
5 years ago

what exactly can we do with this?? just more junk without more info.

πŸ‘ 236
hendrixnuzzles
5 years ago

Dear Mr Rapier,
It looks like you are teasing us. We signed up on this service to avoid solicitations like this. If you have a good idea then put it out there for us.
Kind regards

πŸ‘ 9959
Patricia
5 years ago

You guys have missed that it’s “Caroline”, a new Irregular, who posted this asking for help to solve Robert Rapier’s tease – and isn’t that what this site’s purpose is? Be nice, MRTV, to a new subscriber, how’s she supposed to know what info is needed to solve the teaser?

πŸ‘ 689
modernrock
5 years ago
Reply to  Patricia

yup, need more info.

πŸ‘ 236
Travis Johnson, Stock Gumshoe

That’s an attention-getter for one of his recent ads, he doesn’t keep it a secret — he thinks BP will be sold or merged away (and that oil’s floor will be $40, among other predictions). The full ad is here: http://www.energystrategist.com/glp/43241/index.html

He also teases a half dozen or so stocks in that ad, I haven’t looked at the details.

πŸ‘ 15791
Patricia
5 years ago

Thanks Travis for the answer (I suppose Caroline’s article could just be a promo in disguise, but I choose to believe the best of people unless they prove otherwise). She may just never have finished reading the ad so didn’t know it was there. It can be hard to get through just the first few paragraphs of those teasers… thanks for reading them “so we don’t have to.”

πŸ‘ 689
πŸ‘ 26
Travis Johnson, Stock Gumshoe
Reply to  cpr777

You didn’t do anything wrong, asking about an ad is exactly what I need more of — we don’t see all the teasers unless readers forward them or submit questions about them, so thanks.

πŸ‘ 15791

We use cookies on this site to enhance your user experience. By clicking any link on this page you are giving your consent for us to set cookies.

More Info