written by reader Pinpoint Surgery

By mich, May 22, 2015

How about something on Stansberry’s latest – “Pinpoint Surgery” stock?

JJ
JJ
5 years ago

Yes but that’s the point, it’s been confirmed for definite, from an actual subscriber, that it is ARAY. So there’s no point saying ‘I’m not convinced’, or ‘I wonder if we’re right on this call’, because it’s been confirmed.

My take on it is very simple, and has nothing to do with growth prospects etc. From the copy, Paul talks about his ‘secret’ being psychology – doing the opposite to what the masses do, who will generally do the wrong thing at the wrong time. Every stock that I’ve looked into that he’s traded in the past (i.e. all of his examples in the copy), have this psychology feature very prominent – they’ve all taken a battering and have seen a big decline on the chart RIGHT BEFORE he invests… either that or they’ve been going sideways after a big decline for many months, and due a breakout etc.

ARAY has that very condition on its chart right now – big decline, and thus in prime position for the ‘psychology’ based entry that he hints at numerous times in the copy. Obviously the company needs to be sound at the core, but this I believe is his ‘secret’ – waiting for a stock to be hammered, then buying at the exact point nobody else wants to touch it… this is where the big gains comes from.

Even Buffett himself says “You should be fearful when others are greedy, and GREEDY WHEN OTHERS ARE FEARFUL”… basic investing 101, and the basis of the ‘psychology’ behind Paul’s approach…

Turnip
Turnip
5 years ago

Do you know what, I think you might have cracked it! The pattern you mention does indeed seem to be visible on those examples! So he’s basically buying a deeply undervalued stock, perhaps on the assumption that even if it just reverts to its mean and no further, there will still be at least some type of gain to be made. Can you hang around this forum if you’ve got any more nuggets of insight like that! 🙂

Gary Fox
Gary Fox
5 years ago

I’ve never made the assumption that reverting to a mean is something individual stocks do. Wish I’d saved my Enron certificates to sell ….
And I sure hope some of my winners don’t “revert.”

JJ
JJ
5 years ago

Yes I don’t think it’s reversion to the mean per se, I think it’s more just a psychology based entry, where providing the business itself is sound at the core (i.e. no real/soild reason for it to have seen such a decline), then even if it just recovers back to it’s ‘book value’ type area, gains will be seen…

It’s just the way I read the copy anyway… I thought it was leaning very heavily towards this ‘secret’ psychology-based factor, and when I studied the examples, I noticed the exact same conditions present each time. For this reason, I’m certain that this ‘general’ thesis/approach is behind each entry – he wants stocks that are hated and have seen an unnatural decline… and that’s why he also says that he sometimes has to wait years for these conditions to present themselves – i.e. he wants solid businesses with good growth prospects naturally, but then has to wait until the price takes a hit (which could obviously take years, or never even happen in some cases)… that then leads to the psychology based entry condition that he looks to take advantage of…

Turnip
Turnip
5 years ago

Yes, the more I read the copy, the more I’m now convinced you’re correct! This has nothing to do with identifying the next big announcement, or some secret inside scoop that will send the stock flying, it’s just pure psychology.

I read the bit about Hedge Funds deliberately driving good stocks lower to shake people out, and this is always visible on a chart as a big straight line type of decline – his very next example even shows a prime example of that – a stock that’s seen a big drop and that no-one wants to touch (psychology of the masses) – he then swoops in and scoops it up cheap, leading to massive gains when it recovers.

Obviously the skill side of it will be identifying the right businesses to apply this to, rather than just looking for stocks that have seen a drop, and that I guess is what you’re paying him for. But I defo think JJ has nailed this one – this is exactly the condition seen on every example.

Thanks – I’m in! 🙂

Turnip
Turnip

Hehe, already 12% up…

Turnip
Turnip
5 years ago

Not me personally, I mean since this thread started…

Keith Dougherty
Keith Dougherty
5 years ago

Try Medtronic. This company recently acquired a small private company called Visualase

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
MEDTRONIC SURPASSES
MILESTONE OF 1,000 NEUROSURGICAL CASES
WITH VISUALASE MRI GUIDED LASER ABLATION
Cases Performed in Over 50 Neurosurgical Hospitals
MINNEAPOLIS

December 9, 2014

Medtronic, Inc. (NYSE: MDT) today announced that it has surpassed a significant milestone for its Visualase® MRI – guided laser ablation system. Over 1,000 Visualase laser ablation cases have been performed for neurosurgery patients at over 50 centers in the United States.
The Visualase® system received FDA clearance inJuly2007 . Medtronic Inc is a subsidiary of Medtronic PLC a public limited company which might be where the correct way to play this comes in.
I did not see any reference to a $10 stock in the Stansberry pitch. I thing you have that part wrong. Visualase was not public until the accuasition but has been developing this technology for some time.

Just a guess

or try Monteris Medical which is still privet as far as I can tell. But the same techknology. Probably even better

Turnip
Turnip

…make that 20%+ 🙂

Worry Wart
Worry Wart
5 years ago

Any idea what this stock is???
How about something on Stansberry’s latest – “Pinpoint Surgery” stock?

geebee
geebee
Reply to  Worry Wart

It’s ARAY. I subscribed with the intent to cancel within the 6 month free look. $2,500 2 year subscription after the long drawn out sales pitch.

Richard
Richard
5 years ago

Stansberry’s “latest” – “Pinpoint Surgery” stock is Aray. Some insider selling yesterday

Joel Laskey
Joel Laskey
5 years ago

I would like to buy some stock in your company. Please send me information.
Thankyou

John Peck

Looking forward

kathleen mckeon
kathleen mckeon
5 years ago

Am I the only one having a heart attack about our Senators and Congressmen having a Gag on them, preventing them from talking to us, the price of our government for letting them read whats in the TPP was they Had to sign a Non-Disclosure agreement. I do not understand why people are not in the streets about this, where is the News? Personally I would wait on investing in anything since TPP once Law, (not yet, that was Fast Track Authority that passed) will change absolutely everything. What has already changed is our representatives no longer by legal means are allowed to represent. Never has happened in the History of this country.

Al Razzi
Al Razzi
2 years ago

More surprising to me is this news ,that when the Congressmen or Congresswomen are sued for sexual Harassment,they do not defend themselves, but the taxpayers do pay for their sexual abuse. I was shocked to hear this in yesterday’s news. The Congressmen do the harassing and the public pays to defend them ?
Is this fair ?

Christine
4 years ago

I over hear about new Bionic surgeon a tiny $2, Could you help me: the symbol of this stock?
Appreciated,