written by reader Dr. Richard Smith’s Tradestops

By redbark, November 10, 2015

Is there anyone who has got into Dr. Richard Smith’s Tradestops? Do you recommend it?

Jim Russell

eldan
eldan
November 18, 2015 1:56 am

I have TradeStops. I first signed on early this year (2015), just couldn’t get the hang of it, cancelled. Kept seeing the promos for it, so looked again, signed back up, and now I “get” it. Dr Smith has improved the interface and it flows much better. The things you can do with it are eye-opening, For example there is a position sizing tool that you fill in the basic data & how much you want to risk (losing), and it calculates the various factors that go into a stock (potentially losing money) and gives you several choices on how to get out, such at a straight trailing stop & at what % or $, or a stop based on the volatility quotient of the stock (new term for me & really cool), or a “smart trailing stop” – a bit less aggressive. The end result is that instead of putting just a straight % or $ of your overall portfolio you want to risk, you can tailor it to how much RISK you can handle. I was surprised at how over-allocated I was in terms of risk! So I am slowly rebalancing my portfolio to risk management. This is only a toe-dip in the lake on what this thing can do. Not a bad price, & there is a “pro” version for a bit more features & money. Try it, has a money back offer for trial. To Your Good Investing

donphin
donphin
December 3, 2015 11:01 pm

So Jim, did you get the Pro version? I’m curious too. Is it worth 1,600?

65_sohc
65_sohc
July 1, 2016 2:25 pm
Reply to  donphin

I started with the trial membership. Suffice to say I am now a lifetime member which I can pass on to my children. It is very intuitive and user-friendly. Support is excellent with frequent software updates and improvements. A revised Risk Rebalancer tool will be introduced within the next week or so. There is a very useful series of webinars that explain every facet of the system. These are put on frequently, the most recent being earlier this week. Although, as the name suggests, one of the principle tools is the trailing stop, that barely scratches the surface as to the wealth of information available. It is truly an integrated investment system, sophisticated yet completely manageable and useful for any investor.

Gheb Ogba
Gheb Ogba
January 12, 2019 2:36 pm
Reply to  donphin

Donphin,
Have you tried the latest version of the tradestop software. Is it helpful?
Thanks

Richard Coveney
Richard Coveney
July 17, 2016 8:56 pm

I’m a lifetime subscriber and think it’s oe of the bet things in decades. I have switched my portfolio using his directions and feel much better prepared for market moves.

Gheb Ogba