written by reader Has anyone signed up for James Altucher newsletter – the 1,000% Backdoor

By wealthynow, July 18, 2016

I have a Stansberry Flex subscription and they periodically send a link to a video for another expensive newsletter.
This time they have James Altcucher – the 1000% Back door for $2,000 a year with a 30 day back guarantee. Basically it roots out new Silicone Valley start ups that the average person can get into without being an accredited investor (Net worth of 1 million with a salary of over $200,000 per year).
The special ends tonight, and I am not signing up for it but was wondering if anyone had and what you thought? Travis I would also like to know what you think.
Here is the video link to the sales pitch. Thanks for any opinions.

Idrea
Idrea
July 18, 2016 10:13 pm

I would like to know about this too.

rhepps
July 19, 2016 11:03 am

Is this guy for real. He has been around for a while but seems like whatever he does it doesn’t stay around long. Don’t know the answer but would like to hear from anyone that has had experience.

modernrock
July 20, 2016 3:04 pm

not at all like you described, he follows smart insiders on his Rolodex

msyoung
msyoung
August 9, 2016 9:45 pm

I paid for Altucher’s newsletter. When it stopped coming, I did not even notice. That should tell you something.

Hapuna
August 21, 2016 4:47 pm

James sounds too good to be true. If, in fact, he is legitimate and successful in his investing approach, I would like to hear from someone who knows him personally. Likewise, if he is simply a fast talker.
Aloha,
Hapuna

txdecman
August 21, 2016 5:31 pm

I have not signed up for the 1000%, but I did sign up for the lifetime Top 1% and paid some $4000 for doing so. It has more than paid off for me. All of his recommendations for the past year or so have been winners except for maybe one which he told us upfront that it would be very risky. (I didn’t go in on that one.) His last one was for INVN at $137. I think it was over $170 the last time I looked. I’ve made a lot of money on his LXU recommendation and cashed out enough to more than pay for his lifetime fee. I still have 2500 shares that I paid $5 for and is somewhere between $11 – $12 now. It got over $14 at one time.

dmontieth
dmontieth
August 21, 2016 11:03 pm
Reply to  txdecman

txdecman, thanks for the very insightful post on Altcuchur. Could you double-check the symbol INVN – it’s InvenSense, but only trades in the high 7’s.
Many thanks!