written by reader Has anyone signed up for James Altucher newsletter – the 1,000% Backdoor

By wealthynow, July 18, 2016

I have a Stansberry Flex subscription and they periodically send a link to a video for another expensive newsletter.
This time they have James Altcucher – the 1000% Back door for $2,000 a year with a 30 day back guarantee. Basically it roots out new Silicone Valley start ups that the average person can get into without being an accredited investor (Net worth of 1 million with a salary of over $200,000 per year).
The special ends tonight, and I am not signing up for it but was wondering if anyone had and what you thought? Travis I would also like to know what you think.
Here is the video link to the sales pitch. Thanks for any opinions.

Idrea
Idrea
July 18, 2016 10:13 pm

I would like to know about this too.

rhepps
July 19, 2016 11:03 am

Is this guy for real. He has been around for a while but seems like whatever he does it doesn’t stay around long. Don’t know the answer but would like to hear from anyone that has had experience.

modernrock
July 20, 2016 3:04 pm

not at all like you described, he follows smart insiders on his Rolodex

msyoung
msyoung
August 9, 2016 9:45 pm

I paid for Altucher’s newsletter. When it stopped coming, I did not even notice. That should tell you something.

Hapuna
August 21, 2016 4:47 pm

James sounds too good to be true. If, in fact, he is legitimate and successful in his investing approach, I would like to hear from someone who knows him personally. Likewise, if he is simply a fast talker.
Aloha,
Hapuna

txdecman
August 21, 2016 5:31 pm

I have not signed up for the 1000%, but I did sign up for the lifetime Top 1% and paid some $4000 for doing so. It has more than paid off for me. All of his recommendations for the past year or so have been winners except for maybe one which he told us upfront that it would be very risky. (I didn’t go in on that one.) His last one was for INVN at $137. I think it was over $170 the last time I looked. I’ve made a lot of money on his LXU recommendation and cashed out enough to more than pay for his lifetime fee. I still have 2500 shares that I paid $5 for and is somewhere between $11 – $12 now. It got over $14 at one time.

dmontieth
dmontieth
August 21, 2016 11:03 pm
Reply to  txdecman

txdecman, thanks for the very insightful post on Altcuchur. Could you double-check the symbol INVN – it’s InvenSense, but only trades in the high 7’s.
Many thanks!

SoGiAm
August 21, 2016 11:37 pm
Reply to  txdecman
marcenelxs
marcenelxs
August 27, 2016 2:46 pm
Reply to  txdecman

Thank you so much for sharing. By the way, have you received the teaser from Casey Reaseach, “The biggest Breakthrough I’ve ever seen” which references James Altucher about a $9 startup one can buy into currently?

Jerrygolf
Jerrygolf
September 9, 2016 12:34 pm
Reply to  txdecman

INVN is $7 per share, where did you get the $137 ? are you part of Altucher, team ?

txdecman
August 22, 2016 1:37 pm

Sorry……I should have looked it up instead of trying to rely on my memory these days. It was ILMN……it is over $172 now.

masada66
masada66
September 12, 2016 1:13 pm

Travis, I just watched this guy’s video the other night. Like the rest, would love to know if his method can be decoded and replicated, or is it just snake oil?

Travis Johnson, Stock Gumshoe
September 12, 2016 3:25 pm
Reply to  masada66

From what I’ve seen, he talks up the opportunities in early-stage venture investing… but then generally recommends small stocks that are already public that are also plays on those “hot” sectors or trends. Doesn’t seem particularly magical to me, though he’s certainly an interesting guy. Haven’t looked at the details of his pitches recently.

Random
February 14, 2017 4:08 pm

I’m a subscriber. The service seems not to be open to new subscribers at the moment. Performance so far has been mixed, with a couple of big gainers, a couple of big losers and quite a few smaller gains and losses. The model portfolio isn’t available online for subscribers although I suspect it’s underperforming the market at the moment. The service has only been running since Q4 2015 so it’s perhaps a bit early to return a verdict on it. The idea is to take the best ideas from James’ contacts in the hedge fund industry; these are special situation shares that are considered mispriced, and situations like that can take a couple of years to play out.

James recently recommended a microcap oil stock (7 figure market cap when recommended) in which he mentioned he already had a position. The stock immediately tripled at the open after his recommendation and given the average daily volume in the stock, hardly anybody would have got in at anywhere remotely close to the price before the recommendation.

BLove
BLove
February 16, 2017 6:41 pm
Reply to  Random

I’m a subscriber too. I want to short that microcap oil stock he recommended as an experiment, but I don’t know how. It&