written by reader Marin Katusa’s brand new newsletter; which “tiny gold company” is mentioned?

By chrizcringle, July 7, 2016

Marin Katusa, which is a well-known guy around the resource industry, has recently started a newsletter called Katusa’s Resource Opportunities (this week, so it’s pretty fresh).
Do anybody know of which gold company he is refrering to in this link? https://katusaresearch.com/katusa-core-kro/?mc_cid=67cc7143e6&mc_eid=3e2bf87746
-Chris, Norway

πŸ‘ 137
ggswift
4 years ago

After Reading the following , I would be leery of subscribing to Katusa’s “Expensive” newsletter especially with NO REFUND OFFER,
“For those of you considering the potential benefits of subscribing to Marin Katusa’s new “Katusa Research” vehicle*, please consider the principle reason he’s not staying with Casey Research. When Frank Porter Stansberry and Doug Casey agreed to merge their companies (Stansberry majority owner, Casey now minority), one of the Stansberry stipulations on the deal is that analysts at his shop cannot own or trade the stocks they cover. That’s been a house rule at Stansberry Research ever since he was whacked by the SEC and that’s fair enough.
All the Casey people agreed to that, all except Marin Katusa. That’s because he’s still addicted to buying positions quietly and then selling his own shares for blackhat profits just after he pumps them to his sheep-like subscribers. He could get away with his scumbag ways at Casey, but no longer. Therefore he’s decided to set up on his own.”

πŸ‘ 179
hedy1234
hedy1234
Reply to  ggswift

GGswift- please read all the prior comments noted above. This point was already made and responded to.

The source of this statement is unknown and the internet is a wide open place.

There have been many times that newsletter writers have owned stocks they write about. It is not illegal nor unethical as long as you know about it.

Disclosure is the key. In the wild wild west of junior miners it is not all bad to buy the stocks that writers like this own.

Doesn’t matter to me if he makes more money than me as long as they are winners.

That’s why you take “free rides” and use trailing stops.

I do not subscribe to his service but remember he is no Johnny come lately.

His rep is good till now to the best of my knowledge.

πŸ‘ 1627
ggswift
Reply to  hedy1234

Hedy the bottom line is will the newsletter make money for the subscribers. Any one can pick out previous wins , but will this “NEW” Publication make money ? There is no recent record of success.
It is really irrelevant to me if the author of the publication makes money personally , BUT if he recommends a stock and then sells quickly after the recommendation , taking a profit and leaving the subscribers with large losses ………. that to me is not ethical!
Question do you know Mr Katusa , or are you in anyway affiliated with the publication?

πŸ‘ 179
hedy1234
hedy1234
Reply to  ggswift

Absolutely not. However he worked for them along time and was/is a recognized “authority ” on these kinds of companies. If they go up after he recommends them it is up to you to protect your profits.

I do have a Stansberry subscription and have for about 10 years.

πŸ‘ 1627
hedy1234
hedy1234
Reply to  hedy1234

If you google him you will find a Streetwise interview of him from October of last year.

Very revealing and no doubt includes some of his current picks.

πŸ‘ 1627
hedy1234
hedy1234
Reply to  hedy1234

Gold and Silver continue their modest decline.
IMHO you should take some money off tbe table if you have not already.

Personally I have sold some, halved some and bought some hedges. Had a big run up and need to protect. Keeping a lot of powder dry to reenter.

πŸ‘ 1627
SoGiAm
Reply to  hedy1234

HEDY1234 and ALL, may you please provide links if applicable and available. Thank you in advance, Ben

πŸ‘ 11476
mynameisjonas
mynameisjonas
4 years ago

I too have taken profits and have decided to see how far this pullback goes before re-entering. Rick Rule has stated that he is near term bearish/long term bullish on gold. This recent run-up has been amazing but a little too hot to last in the near term I think. I am still somewhat new to investing in mining stocks and thought I would share some info that I recently found. There are tons of gold stock promotions right now so I would enter this market with extreme caution and lots of research.

This article is worth reading. https://www.occrp.org/en/investigations/283-mining-stock-fraud-an-old-trick-that-still-works

And I recently watched the new documentary called Clinton Cash which I highly recommend. Interesting to hear some of the big mining and oil names mentioned such as Lucas Lundin. Pertaining to my above link, watch this one minute section if nothing else starting at 38:09 – 39:10 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7LYRUOd_QoM

Be careful out there!

πŸ‘ 137
mynameisjonas
mynameisjonas
Reply to  chrizcringle

Yes, I’m pretty sure you are correct about NAK being the project Frank is referring to. At least that’s what I was thinking… I believe the stock is still trading quite a bit above the recommended buy up to price however. That one looks fantastic if they can get over the regulatory hurdles.

SoGiAm
Reply to  mynameisjonas

Welcome mynameisjonas and Chrizcringle and ALL to Stockgumshoe.com πŸ™‚ The Best Individual Investor site on the plantet. πŸ™‚ You may find these links invaluable in your investing journey: http://www.stockgumshoe.com/2014/11/first-steps-and-favorite-tools-for-new-investors/ and Precious Metals investors: http://www.stockgumshoe.com/2016/06/microblog-gold-bull-investments-for-the-next-leg-upjune-2016/ Best2ALL – Benjammin’

πŸ‘ 11476