written by reader Steve Sjuggerud’s 292-C shares teaser (China Opportunities)

By chrizcringle, September 15, 2016

Does anybody have any ideas on the new teaser from Stansberry: Top Tech Giants Spawn Limited Time 2nd Chance to Get Rich with ”292-C” Shares ?

justice51
justice51
September 15, 2016 1:54 pm

They are opening a “new” newsletter for China investments; they feel that the Chinese market is cheap, hated, and in an uptrend so now may be the time to invest. They claim to have 19 stock picks already if you invest in the new newsletter; all for the discounted price of only $1500….. Little high for something is not proven yet…IMHO

scott
September 15, 2016 3:38 pm
Reply to  justice51

what was the stock they gave away for free?I couldn’t stay on the line that long. Was almost an hour :/

Duffman_44
Duffman_44
September 15, 2016 4:10 pm
Reply to  scott

They mentioned tencent holdings – which I already own – as the free stock recommendation.
Tencent is the fastest growing stock and should continue to grow and have the largest stock capitalization in the world over the next few years.

Travis Johnson, Stock Gumshoe
September 15, 2016 4:54 pm
Reply to  Duffman_44

And I sold my Tencent shares many years ago after what seemed a lovely run of a couple hundred percent or so. Arg, another one that “got away!”

Debra
Debra
November 30, 2016 11:45 am

Perhaps you played it perfectly Travis, according to the definition…

Henrik R.
September 17, 2016 11:14 am
Reply to  scott

When an ‘endless’ Stansberry video presentation starts, try to close the browser-tab, then a pop-up window asks you to stay, and you say yes. Then the extremely annoying video presentation is ‘transformed’ into a transcript!

tom
tom
September 18, 2016 11:26 am
Reply to  Henrik R.

good tip. I have subscribed to suggerudes/ stansberry cheap letter ” true Wealth” for $ 79 year and I get good ideas from suggerude. Porter Stansberry has been WRONG for at least 10 years. jeff clark is a decent technician and finds extremes to make money on, but like many technicians can get stubborn people stuck! Dan ferris has staked his career on a recommendation in Extreme Value – he has been long CCJ for two years. I never hear apologies, just more promo’s

Janet
Janet
September 15, 2016 7:13 pm

Is Tencent a Chinese stock? I sat through most of it, but didn’t get so far as hearing the free recommendation. Finally gave up and went straight to see how much the other 19 would cost. Nearly choked on the $1500. If that was a drop in the bucket for me, I might seriously consider it. But as it is, it’s no drop in the bucket.

Travis Johnson, Stock Gumshoe
September 15, 2016 8:44 pm
Reply to  Janet

Yes, largest tech company in China, primary listing in Hong Kong.

John T
John T
September 16, 2016 12:13 pm
Reply to  Janet

Yes they are Chinese. Their big app is WeChat. Every time I go to China, I have to us for messaging and calls. Can also pay through it. Literally 800 M! people use. I have started making it a habit of trying to see what people are doing on through phones there and they also are in WeChat. The thing is huge. The question is does the price already reflect this market. WeChat is not used outside China. At least beyond Taiwan. I basically kill the App when I fly out China. Any growth they will see has to come from outside of China, IMO.
Huawei is another you will see making the news, but they are privately held.
The thing about China and these Chinese company’s are their numbers. They are absolutely huge. I did some research between Alibaba and Amazon. Globally, Amazon has about 1.3B orders per year. Alibaba has 12.1B, just in China. JD.Com is not as big, but is still bigger than Amazon.
The investment market is China is anything around mobile devices. I have not seen any real usage around Tablets. I see small businesses (there are lots of them) using laptops, but my opinion is this because a mobile app is not yet available ti support this. Or TenCent has not yet built one:-)

SoGiAm
September 16, 2016 12:40 pm
Reply to  John T

Thanks JohnT – WeChat is available globally. I live in US and use it to communicate to friends, mainly in AU and Asia.
BZUN np – may be worth a look…the Amazon of China?

Bobby
Bobby
September 15, 2016 9:01 pm

Unlike most of you, I only caught the tail end of the presentation.
From the presentation, what is the distinction between purchasing the regularly listed equity/stock for, let’s say, Tencent, vs what the presenters were calling “C-209” shares that, supposedly, often see 10x the return of the regular common stock shares?

Steve Mohr
September 20, 2016 4:46 pm
Reply to  Bobby

I see the distinction between a listed stock and a 292 stock (they added the C) is 292 stock hopes to become a listed stock. In China, there are many companies growing big time not listed on an exchange, 292 prepares them to become listed. IMHO

jamespaul108
jamespaul108
September 15, 2016 11:05 pm

Steve paints a glowing picture of China. But according to Marin Katusa, China has greatly increased its money supply, causing a real estate bubble. Sooner or later bubbles pop. What will happen to the prices of these undervalued Chinese stocks when the bubble pops? I suspect their prices will go down; am I wrong? Also China’s economy doesn’t sound good according to the following article: http://realcrash2016.com/chinese-economic-miracle/?code=478100
I remain cautious.