written by reader Gold and Silver Government Rebate: Rule 214(a)(5)

By rjmort, February 18, 2017

Start collecting up to $294 for every ounce of gold you own today!
I’m thinking that this pitch by Uncommon Wisdom Daily, a Division of Weiss Research Inc. is a self storage precious metals IRA.
Any thoughts about what this might be?

guanabara
guanabara
February 19, 2017 2:01 am

listening to the recording they call it a loophole on an uncommonwisdomdaily report. They call it a rebate for the gold or silver coins or bars you have. It sounds one those creative ways to get people to buy reports or Numismatic coins subscriptions or to buy “rare” coins at “historic” low prices. Interested to hear what others have to say about this.

Jeff
Jeff
February 24, 2017 11:33 am
Reply to  guanabara

I never listen to those videos. If I click on a link and it goes to video, I close it” Sure you want to close this page?”YES!! Then I mark it as spam and delete the email. Videos are a waste of time. Then I look it up on Stock Gumshoe!!

ABryan
ABryan
February 19, 2017 10:09 am

I bought into it, paid what I thought would be $49, but was charged $89 . Generally those videos that go on and on taking an hour to tell you what they could on 5 minutes are questionable at best in my opinion. Tarnished Weis research. Haven’t read downloaded report yet. Have to log in to finish download.

jmrsad
jmrsad
February 19, 2017 9:56 pm
Reply to  ABryan

Please post what you find. I’ve googled around and can’t find any reference to the purported rule. Curious.

Patricia
March 13, 2017 9:10 pm
Reply to  ABryan

Write to them for a refund. That would be my suggestion.

Suzanne
Suzanne
March 21, 2017 8:36 pm
Reply to  ABryan

After reading all these posts I’m hesitant to buy. Does the booklet actually have docs. om what and where to file ? or just scammish ?

prairierick
prairierick
April 7, 2017 1:21 pm
Reply to  ABryan

It’s now April 7th. What did you find out?
Please post

James Crane
April 12, 2017 1:21 pm
Reply to  ABryan

what did you find out

Bob
Bob
February 19, 2017 7:55 pm

A rebate? Or a trick to get the owners of Gold/silver to disclose their whereabouts. Not a good idea.

Sharon
February 20, 2017 2:04 am
Reply to  Bob

You could always say that you sold it, right?

leslie7
leslie7
February 27, 2017 2:23 pm
Reply to  Sharon

Sharon,

I suppose you could, but wouldn’t some government agency (IRS?) want to see proof of the sale or proof that you paid taxes on any profits? I don’t see the sale being a big issue now (other than a possible tax issue), but suppose in the not-too-distant future the government prohibits or limits the sale of gold or silver or puts a huge capital gains tax on such sales…or tries to confiscate one or the other (as with gold in 1933)?

Patricia
March 13, 2017 9:05 pm
Reply to  leslie7

Hi, I heard about this from Larry
Edelson who is supposed to be an expert. I like you am scared that in the future the government will try to conficate my gold & silver. AT present they have no record of it.

Conrad
February 24, 2017 8:20 pm
Reply to  Bob

My very first thought….let’s all tell the Govt how much precious metals we own!
I’d rather have “Double secret probation” than the secret Rule 214(A) (5) hogwash!

leslie7
leslie7
February 27, 2017 2:19 pm
Reply to  Bob

Bob,

I was thinking exactly the same thing! Even if it wasn’t intended/created to disclose the names of those who own gold and silver, it sure WILL do that. How can they send you your “rebate” unless you have told them exactly how much gold and silver you own and where to send the check?

If I had any precious metals, no way would I sign up for such a rebate, even if it is “legit.” It reminds me of the “stings” that police and government agencies use to round up people/information.

Steve
February 21, 2017 11:51 am

I receive their newsletters, most of which are marketing ploys to get you to subscribe, buy, invest whatever. For me it’s perspective on a few subjects. This had me intrigued and I emailed them back asking the same question that Bob alluded to. Why in the world would anyone disclose what they have???!!! Even if I had any I wouldn’t tell the government anything. My word. Still, I’m curious and I’m trying to research 12 USC et al for any hint. More to follow… hopefully.