written by reader Peak Velocity Newsletter

By leesal, March 21, 2017

Banyan Hill Publishing (James Dale Davidson, Paul Mampilly, J L Jastine among others) is promoting another newsletter … Peak Velocity…Allegedly a Michael Carr spent 10 years and $300,000 developing his software program that will give subscribers 2-3 recommendations per month of stocks ready to explode. The idea is to buy high and sell higher .. momentum plays. Carr tested his program with 7 beta testers … they made 1,191% profit in two months buying call options on recommended stocks. Now we get to subscribe for $2,995 provided we’re amongst the first 1,000 subscribers.

I almost went for it but had reservations when I learned the guarantee did not refund my dollars if not satisfied, but only gave me the option of applying the money to another Banyan Hill newsletter. Further, the service may have been great for 7 testers, but what will happen to those option premiums when 1,000 subscribers all place orders on the same options?

Ugh!!! Lee Salisbury

Ron H
Ron H
August 15, 2017 1:07 pm

I’m using the option trading strategies that I learned from Peak and doing some trades on my own. I am sensing that the S&P 500 Index and Russell Small Cap Index could take a beating anytime between now and end of October (the traditional leery months). So buying Puts to open on the SPY and IWM might just work in a down market, then sell to close before expiration. Do your research, but Nov – Jan seem to be good expirations to work with. You can also look these up and see what the open interest is to get an idea of where the other institutional investors are putting their money. You do that on the trading system that you are using.

Also other potential gainers could be buying Calls on the GLD and SLV if you believe gold and silver are going to break through their resistance levels (1,300 and 18 respectively, which I do. Wish I could share what I am doing but prohibited by firm. Yep, and I could lose too. Nothing new. Good luck.

duped
duped
August 17, 2017 5:09 pm
Reply to  Ron H

If you bought puts you should be a happy camper today Ron. I typically don’t go past a few months when I pick my own options. Results have been 50/50 but learning this options game just this year.

Very interested to see what “defense” system Carr comes up with. Trust you got his email about it.

Ron H
Ron H
August 18, 2017 2:04 am
Reply to  duped

Yes, my Jan puts on SPY and IWR are working. Jan calls with different strike prices on GLD is working. SLV should be ready to pop I hope.
I hope to make up my losses from the Peak picks with these.
Yes, got the alert on Carr’s upcoming defense system and can only think that it combines puts to use for prices moving down and/or cutting losses at some point like -30 or -40% versus getting caught with worthless expirations which are killers. Good luck to you.

Ron H
Ron H
August 18, 2017 2:16 am
Reply to  Ron H

woops,, I meant IWM instead of IWR. See, entering the wrong symbol in a trading system can be a killer!

Ron H
Ron H
August 18, 2017 9:22 am
Reply to  Ron H

Hallelujah, gold just nudged the resistance level of $1300/oz this morning. That’s good for the gold bugs and GLD calls.

wayne Leslie
September 28, 2017 3:36 pm

hello, I joined Peak Velocity Trader after its conception. It boasted of having a 70% success rate. Boy was I sucked in. I do not think one single investment has yet to have a simple 100% return. On 4 separate investments, they tanked overnight with a complete 100% loss on all calls. Now he is recommending jump at a 15% profit…wow. The old expression a”A fool and his money are soon parted” This is never so true. If want a truly loosing membership join Peak Velocity Trader. Making small simple investments I have managed to loos $30,000.00 on Michael’s recommendations. Boy can he sure pick the looser.

Just Say'n