written by reader Peak Velocity Newsletter

By leesal, March 21, 2017

Banyan Hill Publishing (James Dale Davidson, Paul Mampilly, J L Jastine among others) is promoting another newsletter … Peak Velocity…Allegedly a Michael Carr spent 10 years and $300,000 developing his software program that will give subscribers 2-3 recommendations per month of stocks ready to explode. The idea is to buy high and sell higher .. momentum plays. Carr tested his program with 7 beta testers … they made 1,191% profit in two months buying call options on recommended stocks. Now we get to subscribe for $2,995 provided we’re amongst the first 1,000 subscribers.

I almost went for it but had reservations when I learned the guarantee did not refund my dollars if not satisfied, but only gave me the option of applying the money to another Banyan Hill newsletter. Further, the service may have been great for 7 testers, but what will happen to those option premiums when 1,000 subscribers all place orders on the same options?

Ugh!!! Lee Salisbury

Ron H
Ron H
August 15, 2017 1:07 pm

I’m using the option trading strategies that I learned from Peak and doing some trades on my own. I am sensing that the S&P 500 Index and Russell Small Cap Index could take a beating anytime between now and end of October (the traditional leery months). So buying Puts to open on the SPY and IWM might just work in a down market, then sell to close before expiration. Do your research, but Nov – Jan seem to be good expirations to work with. You can also look these up and see what the open interest is to get an idea of where the other institutional investors are putting their money. You do that on the trading system that you are using.

Also other potential gainers could be buying Calls on the GLD and SLV if you believe gold and silver are going to break through their resistance levels (1,300 and 18 respectively, which I do. Wish I could share what I am doing but prohibited by firm. Yep, and I could lose too. Nothing new. Good luck.

duped
duped
Reply to  Ron H
August 17, 2017 5:09 pm

If you bought puts you should be a happy camper today Ron. I typically don’t go past a few months when I pick my own options. Results have been 50/50 but learning this options game just this year.

Very interested to see what “defense” system Carr comes up with. Trust you got his email about it.

Ron H
Ron H
Reply to  duped
August 18, 2017 2:04 am

Yes, my Jan puts on SPY and IWR are working. Jan calls with different strike prices on GLD is working. SLV should be ready to pop I hope.
I hope to make up my losses from the Peak picks with these.
Yes, got the alert on Carr’s upcoming defense system and can only think that it combines puts to use for prices moving down and/or cutting losses at some point like -30 or -40% versus getting caught with worthless expirations which are killers. Good luck to you.

Ron H
Ron H
Reply to  Ron H
August 18, 2017 2:16 am

woops,, I meant IWM instead of IWR. See, entering the wrong symbol in a trading system can be a killer!

Ron H
Ron H
Reply to  Ron H
August 18, 2017 9:22 am

Hallelujah, gold just nudged the resistance level of $1300/oz this morning. That’s good for the gold bugs and GLD calls.

wayne Leslie
September 28, 2017 3:36 pm

hello, I joined Peak Velocity Trader after its conception. It boasted of having a 70% success rate. Boy was I sucked in. I do not think one single investment has yet to have a simple 100% return. On 4 separate investments, they tanked overnight with a complete 100% loss on all calls. Now he is recommending jump at a 15% profit…wow. The old expression a”A fool and his money are soon parted” This is never so true. If want a truly loosing membership join Peak Velocity Trader. Making small simple investments I have managed to loos $30,000.00 on Michael’s recommendations. Boy can he sure pick the looser.

Just Say'n
Just Say'n
Reply to  wayne Leslie
September 28, 2017 6:27 pm

You are 100% accurate. It’s why the name of the service is Peak Atrocity. You have to improvise as Carr doesn’t realize he flipped the infamous 4 lines of patent pending code. We should have been buying puts instead of calls. Recently I wait for the option to tank. When that happens I buy in. For example I waited until Eaton bottomed out and then bought the call. Made about 130% and sold. ETN is still way down in the “portfolio”. Not in mine. Carr remains “supremely confident” while he takes the little folk down without regret. Plenty of reason to call BS on ANY Banyon Hill shameless advertising. Ted Bauman brags about the event they put on in Florida. He is SO misinformed and naive to blast out emails about how successful Banyon Hill is. Reality is certain services have devastated the average investor. Shame on Ted Bauman.

Scott Paul
Scott Paul
October 25, 2017 5:28 pm

All of these option services seem to be nothing like losers. Don’t know why people still think there’s a magic service that can overcome the inherent problems in option buying. See my prior post,

It is amazing that they can get away charging $3000 for a blatantly fraudulent service. Futures traders and advisors don’t seem to be able to get away with it, the CFTC is all over them. Wonder why these snakes don’t get caught the same way? Again, if the mythical Michael Carr could really make this kind of return:
$119,000 in profits over the next two months…
$357,000 in profits over the next six months…
$714,000 in profits over the next 12 months…
And a whopping $1 million or more in as little as 18 months!

Then why would he bother selling it for $3000? He could just start with $10K per trade, and build on from his profits, and make $3M in 18 months. But it’s a lot easier to spend a couple thousand on sending out a BS email and video, and make $3M in a month selling this “service” to a bunch of desperate traders who think that buying options is an easy way to riches.

In reality, one should probably take the opposite side of all these trades by the option services, and you’d make out great. For all we know, the runners of the service are doing exactly that, and profiting even more from the misfortunes of those unwary enough to believe in their claims.

Just Say'n
Just Say'n
Reply to  Scott Paul
October 25, 2017 5:43 pm

Carr has struggled BIG time. So much so they gave all subcribers 3 months to his Precision Profits free. He has done better with this service but the net effect remains atrocious coupled with PV. BH markets his recent picks as “he’s on a roll”. Same shameless marketing. When you add the wins against the losses you will still be miserable. Unless you have suffered as I have you wouldn’t know it based on SHAMELESS marketing.

MoonLight
MoonLight
Reply to  Just Say'n
October 25, 2017 10:19 pm

Just Say’n,
I am really happy to hear it coming from you. I always thought you were sort of defending Bayan Hill publishing, (with the 5 year plan for EF etc.) But yeah, they are SHAMELESS and blatantly misleading the public! Bending numbers, lying about % gain and profits, and always just happen to “open a few more spots” for new subscribers or last minute deal on their lifetime membership. They make me sick.
Have you guys noticed that EF picks always jumped 10-15% BEFORE the emails are even sent out? Other members have been talking about this same issue on other discussion forums: the MINUTE you opened the EF trade pick, it is already up 10% from like an hour ago. The only way you could have brought at Paul’s trade price is if you knew beforehand. They could have easily made a nice 30% gain in 1 hour by selling while all suckers like subscribers are buying.

Just Say'n
Just Say'n
Reply to  MoonLight
October 26, 2017 6:12 pm

Moonlight,

I’m not a fan of this type marketing. I’ve seen the same type with other services as well. It’s like they all use the same marketing company.

I actually like Carr as a person. I think he’s genuinely concerned about people. I just got killed with his PV picks. They drained my capital leaving me in a tough spot. Now that he’s getting away from his “4 lines of code” he’s got a decent batting average. I haven’t been able to take advantage of all the recent picks due to the capital issue. Extremely frustrating.

I hear you about the EF entry prices. Can’t do anything about it though. If the stock goes up over time it becomes less of a sore subject.

Just Say'n
Just Say'n
Reply to  MoonLight
October 27, 2017 6:43 pm

Thought I would have heard from u moonlight. Yastine pitches big wins AND gloom and doom. What credibility do you Garner from that???

MoonLight
MoonLight
Reply to  Just Say'n
October 28, 2017 6:53 pm

Just Say’n,
Sorry, just saw your post today. I subscribe to Yastin’s Total Wealth newsletter too. Figure for only $79 a year, I just wanted to see what he has to offer. His picks are about half and half so far, some winners and some losers. But his take on the overall market is fair I think. He always tell the subscribers nothing is guaranteed when it comes to investing because no one has a crystal ball. He strongly believes in stop loss and capital preservation because even though we are a strong bull market right now, it’s possible it will crash and correction will come. I think his pitches for a bull market is just part of his job to sell all the services. His analysis from his service newsletter is decent overall.

What I would stay away from is ANYONE who claims they have come up with a secret patent code to beat the market system. Why the hell would they want to share with the world in a newsletter? Like the old saying, if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is too good to be true. But all these newsletters always prey on the weakness human emotions: greed and easy money. Agora Financial marketing is even worse. Every week, they send out the same fu*cking video saying they have a patent code that can make you rich. The offer will be gone forever if you don’t sign up NOW. But of course, every week the same shit offer comes back again. These people are wolves of Wall St. and land sharks. Their job is try to make themselves filthy rich by getting as money as they can for themselves. I am sure you got the email from Profit Unlimited asking for an immediate renewal right now for only $99, because next year they are “seriously considering” tripling the subscription price. I was going to write back, be my guest and go for it! See how many people would stop subscribing if that was the case and see how much money you would LOSE!
These people are a bunch of phonies. They got no soul.