written by reader Ultimate Wealth Report – Andrew Carpenter takes reins from Sean Hyman

By benchmarker, May 9, 2017

The Ultimate Wealth Report (”UWR”-is a Newsmax Publication) was written by Sean Hyman (See prior posts on poor performance). The publication has announced, because of poor performance, that Andrew C. Carpenter will be the new editor. He has advised clients to ”SELL EVERYTHING” in the current portfolio (”NUKE IT”) since UWR will no longer offer any advice on those investments. He claims that:
“Ultimate Wealth is going to focus on what are my research strengths … special opportunities, emerging opportunities, and seasonal opportunities.
Those of you who remember me from the fabulous China Club newsletter, or my high-flying Asia Business & Investing, will also remember that I have been blessed
with a knack for identifying trends and special opportunities before they explode.
I love swooping and making a tactical strike …
Like back in February 2009 when I recommended Starbucks (SBUX) after CEO Howard Schultz reclaimed its reins …
Starbucks is up more than 1,300 percent since then … a thousand shares worth $4,010 back then, eight years ago, would be worth $55,340 today.
Again, those of you who know me from the old days know we had so many triple-digit gains that the 50 percenters and 80 percenters were getting kind of ho-hum.”

Does anyone know about his actual performance history?

emardvm
emardvm
May 19, 2017 12:15 pm

To all that are satisfied with Sean’s advice I would recommend contacting him tru his facebook page and letting him know your fellings I’m pretty sure we’ll here from him as soon as he is set with a new investing service.

Keith Adams
Keith Adams
May 22, 2017 4:46 pm

For those who cannot find anything on Andrew Carpenter, try Google.
One quick search was all I did, do not like what I found. look at CBS new money watch several others too. I like Sean too but I have lost big money on his picks. 4 year member. he (sean) talked in circles. buyer beware, you get what you pay for!

mike
mike
May 30, 2017 3:34 am

Sean Hyman was horrendous at picking stocks. His portfolios in absolute profits as well as UWR are both terrible advice. No wonder he got canned. He sucks ! BTU went to zero and near all of his other picks are down 70-90% . He did not beat the market as he claimed he could..
I was a fool too, to have listened to such a charlatan.
Fact is, he’s just not very good at trying to pick stocks . a lot of people lost a lot of money because of Sean’s terrible advice. What an awful service UWR and AP were. Good riddance .

Mark
Mark
June 3, 2017 8:54 am

Sean recommended stocks in my portfolio, -46, -21, -44, -24, -26%. All while the market is up over 35% in the time frame. Most of the man’s picks go straight down. Picks the euro…it loses. Picks IBM and moves immediately down. Metals, lose. Oil and gas, lose. Picks Turkey ETF, country is taken over by a dictator. He picks Brazilian Petrobras, just as Brazil crashes and burns with Petrobras leading the way with a massive corruption scandal. While we on a roll chasing the worst markets in the world why not take a Russian? Just as Obama and the rest of the world are putting on sanctions. Tells everyone not to pay attention to the news because his picks are based on solid companies with good fundamentals and deep pockets. He will do the watching for us. What a joke.

References Buffet and does nothing in the same way. Sells Apple (he sold it just to have a positive on the sold list) stock then goes up 30%.
Says after the fact that when he recommended BTU he said it was a speculative pick. Look back at the issues..never did he say speculative at the time, and in fact he was always pushing that he picked companies that had “deep pockets”.

For years says in writing buy at or below his stated price. Then after things are a disaster he says he taught us to average down. You can’t have it both ways. One thing is for sure, with his picks there is always the chance to average down.

Shows for weeks the S&P chart recommending that we should get out of the market in our 401K. Market then moves over a thousand points higher.

Says he sold his house saying something to the effect that he thought market was peaking. Last week, a year later, his area is declared one of three fastest growing population areas in the US. Should we tell him about supply and demand? Well we know from his oil and gas picks he has no idea.

In the end I would watch his videos just to see his newest way to declare black is white, night is day, up is down. The man has no shame.

So I don’t know anything about this new guy but I sure have learned a lot about the previous one.

Kelly Fender
Kelly Fender
June 3, 2017 5:13 pm

Carpenter’s picks still in my portfolio – Starbucks bought 12-1-08 up 1281%, Advanced Energy 10-10-11 up 771%, Gildan 1-2-09 up 429%, Nutrasystem 10-1-08 up 389%, and in the same issue VMWare up 386%, United Health 5-15-13 up 191%, Trina Solar 1-25-13 up 127% Darling International 7-7-10 up 114% and there are a bunch of 56%-99%. So you can see why I am saying FINALLY!!!! YES!!! He’s Back. This is the smartest move Newsmax ever made, they should get hs wife too. You folks are going to love him because he is a stone cold money maker. Or you will hate him because he is a no BS guy and you some of you talk like you’d rather lose money and be coddled. I made a true fortune taking two of his investor trips to China with him. On the first trip I bought unrestricted shares in General Steel 48 hours before it went public. I came up a little short of seven figures on that at $918K. Then I bought real estate on Hainan. I sold one parcel at a profit of $613K five years later and after 10 years I am finally developing the other with a Chinese partner. I am 79 and like my toys. I made good steady money with his wife Lynn when she was Fleet Street Letter. After they fell out with Agora he had a small newsletter that I made a killing on.

Ray Ruzek
Ray Ruzek
June 8, 2017 3:49 pm

I have been a subscriber for several years, but planned to cancel at my next renewal.

Sean seemed to be a good man, but made big mistakes. He completely missed the commodities crash, even though he claimed to be a commodities expert. He said it would be short lived and values would return – not even close. I lost a lot of money on his commodity based picks. Fortunately, I did not follow his most persistent warnings over the past few years about the S&P 500, which is where I have made money.