written by reader Questions about 2 of Agora’s pitches

By Anonymous Questions, September 25, 2017

Hello Travis,

I am an Irregular Gummie who loves what you do! It is great to have a place to test and validate (or mostly not) all the wild claims out there.

This week I saw a pitch for Weekly Wealth Alert, Alan Knuckman’s ”patent pending” ”weekly paycheck indicator,” which is basically an analysis of spikes in options activity for any stocks, leading to a giant leap in value within about 7 days. He says something called ”fast-cash contracts” are the best vehicle. I wonder what those are. He claims they are not options and are cheaper than the stock shares themselves. This WW Alert is published by Joe Schriefer at Agora. I plan to call and ask these questions but I waited too long today to call from the west coast.

I looked up Knuckman on your website and found a mostly-debunked offering from 2015, I believe it was.

Lou Basinese appears to be about to introduce something along the same lines–predicting which stocks will jump in price. He is called it the M.A.R.K.E.D. system.

I’d love to hear your thoughts.

Thanks for your amazingly helpful, honest, down-to-earth work.

Travis Johnson, Stock Gumshoe
September 25, 2017 4:54 pm

Most systems that claim to identify stock movements in the short term like that are going to fail most of the time, at least in the eyes of individual investors who are trying to trade based on those movements. There are whole office buildings full of MIT data scientists creating these kinds of quantitative indicators, testing them, and tracking them, and if they can get it right 55% of the time they make billions… but even they struggle much of the time, because supercomputing means that any regular indicators that should serve as quantitative triggers stop working as soon as more than a few folks start using them.

And when it comes to the really short term stuff, like options or futures, individuals are even more at a disadvantage. I haven’t written much about futures, but I get a lot of complaints about options trading systems — partly that’s because they’re just overpromised, they sell these systems with the headline numbers of 100%, 500% or 1,000% gains but they can’t deliver that for a whole portfolio, but often it’s just because options are so thinly traded for all but the biggest stocks that any trade a newsletter recommends to its subscribers quickly overwhelms the market and sends the price out of wack.

That’s just my quick reaction, I haven’t looked at either of these pitches or systems recently.

dramamama64
dramamama64
September 28, 2017 4:26 pm

Thanks very much!

steveflick
October 11, 2017 9:58 pm

Thanks Travis, ditto robbins Oct. 7 entry on this discussion: “Once again, Travis, you have helped save this Irregular thousands of dollars, and more than paid for my subscription.” I suggest any of the Guest or Member entries on this thread subscribe to the Premium membership to become an Irregular membership of Stock Gumshoe.
October 8 I asked similar question to the original above post but (s)he put it much better than I; Lynn in customer service suggested I read this thread. Thanks Lynn!

steveflick
October 11, 2017 10:04 pm
Reply to  steveflick

oops, I should have signed in, the above was written by me, a Stock Gumshoe Irregular member – steveflick

EDUARDO
September 29, 2017 12:49 pm

I really would like to know your thoughts about weekly wealth alert.
Eduardo.

T Wright
T Wright
September 30, 2017 10:40 am

I have started to trade Alan Knuckman’s Weekly Wealth Alert, and I would say that I have not had the success with Knuckman’s system as I have with Zach Scheidt’s Income on Demand, which also involve relatively short term option plays. I made the decision to trade with Knuckman, since Zach had recommended him so highly, and I have grown to have a lot of respect for Zach. Knuckman had a recommendation this past week on buying Sept. 29 $17 calls on Twitter, which turned out to be a bust. He has had some other dogs as well, but, I am still in some plays of his, such as MOS or Mosaic Co. Oct. calls. I have already sold some of my positions for about a 40% gain on this one. Will hang in there for the time being with Knuckman.

Carol
October 17, 2017 2:52 am
Reply to  T Wright

Is Knuckman’s WPI “Weekly Paycheck Indicator” through his Weekly Wealth Alert newsletter using options (you said “also involve relatively short term option plays)? He said it was not options. What is the investment made in if not options or stocks? Futures, not that I’m up to speed on what they are exactly? Thanks, was considering signing up for this newsletter, so your reply would be helpful. I don’t like them not telling the investment vehicle, as I’m not comfortable with options for instance. Thanks in advance for your answer or from any others that know the answer to this.

Melissa Gurdus Meiselman
October 1, 2017 5:24 pm

I received an invitation to join Alan’s Weekly Wealth organization for $2000.00. I am way below the poverty line with an income of $600.00 a month. I am 74 and would love to experience not having to worry about money. I am an artist but no one seems to want to purchase my work.

vargus1946
vargus1946
October 3, 2017 5:28 pm

Melissa,
I can’t speak for the Weekly Wealth Report, but I’d stay away if I were you. At only $600 cash flow monthly, you probably shouldn’t be messing with such things. If it sounds too good…

PS I would be happy to buy an art work piece from you. My email is tvmcguire@live.com

EFtrader
September 26, 2018 11:53 pm
Reply to  vargus1946

Good to know there are still good and kind people out there!

Jeff
Jeff
May 10, 2018 5:27 am

Do yourself a big favor and stay clear of Alan Knuckman. I wasted thousands of dollars on his recommendations.

herman von dork
herman von dork
April 28, 2019 12:40 pm

try house painting, $500 per day.

stucow
stucow
October 6, 2017 11:28 am

I am disappointed in Agora and Zach Scheidt (whose newsletter I subscribe to). Zach recently endorses Alan Knuckman’s new Agora options service using the following “c’mon” line: ” . . . can help you turn $1,000 into $464,200 . . . .” in a short window of time. True enough. But what Zach fails to say is that the probability of actually achieving this is infinitesimal.

robbins
robbins
October 7, 2017 1:54 pm

Once again, Travis, you have helped save this Irregular thousands of dollars, and more than paid for my subscription. Thanks to you and to the members who posted their experience.