written by reader motley fool 46-Year-Old CEO Bets $44.2 Billion on One Stock

By michaelstocks, August 19, 2018

While the talking heads in the financial media scream about Netflix and Disney…one billionaire CEO has placed a huge bet to lead the way for the Next Generation of entertainment, and he isn’t stopping anytime soon.
Learn More
Urgent Alert!
________________________________________

Japanese Billionaire’s Prediction Will Give You Goosebumps
He built his $138 billion fortune through a series of bold investments. And now he’s preparing to invest an enormous stake into a new technology that has the world’s other billionaires buzzing…
Learn more
Motley Fool Gives Rare ”Total Conviction” Buy Sign
Over 17 years of guiding investors, Tom and David Gardner have only ever formally agreed on recommending 21 stocks. And when they have, the results have been spectacular. Click below to learn why we want investors to get in on this promising young company before it’s too late.
Learn more

Ritam108
Ritam108
August 22, 2018 1:53 am

So what is the stock and the new technology, pray tell, Gumshoers…..

roberthebel
roberthebel
August 27, 2018 12:29 am

What theanseer here?

narr01
narr01
September 3, 2018 11:22 pm

The “Japanese billionaire” can only refer to Son Masayoshi.
His biggest investments are listed here: https://www.recode.net/2018/2/5/16974032/this-is-where-chart-softbank-vision-fund-masayoshi-son-venture-capital
Most of those companies are not publicly traded. The exceptions (please tell me if I’m wrong) are NVIDIA (NVDA) and ZhongAn, an insurer.
So it could be NVDA. NVDA is just the type of company that The Motley Fool can get excited about. On the other hand, NVDA has been around for such a long time, and it’s not clear to me why you would have to associate it specifically with Son Masayoshi…
Any opinions?

Jack
Jack
September 4, 2018 8:37 am
Reply to  narr01

Son bought ARM, a British microchip company and took it private. NVDA provides its products to ARM. This is all I found.

Bhuvan Pasham
September 12, 2018 12:28 am

Interesting.
lobbyTV (https://lobbyTV.co) is betting on AI assisted TV delivery with complete personalization.

Joseph Brill
Joseph Brill
December 1, 2018 8:31 pm

Whatever it is, it’s a streaming platform that also incorporates social networking, gaming etc. I just wish I could find out what it is without paying for it…lol

Travis Johnson, Stock Gumshoe
December 2, 2018 5:42 pm
Reply to  Joseph Brill

Tencent

Marina
Marina
December 13, 2018 11:31 am

Great!…um, which one? There are two “Tencent”s …

Travis Johnson, Stock Gumshoe
December 13, 2018 12:49 pm
Reply to  Marina

The parent, this was teased before the IPO of Tencent Music. TCEHY and TCTZF are both tickers used for shares of Tencent on US exchanges, TCEHY is the ADR and TCTZF is a second OTC ticker designating a “foreign” stock.

When buying OTC tickers for overseas stocks, I always suggest buying the most liquid one — that’s likely to provide the fairest price and the best chance of selling if you ever need to sell in a hurry. TCEHY is far more liquid than TCTZF. I don’t own either and don’t know where Tencent is going in the near term, but if I wanted to buy Tencent directly I’d buy TCEHY. If I wanted discounted exposure to Tencent (with some additional risk and reward), I’d buy shares of Naspers (NPSNY), which is Tencent’s largest shareholder (I owned Naspers for a while, but stopped out this year).

pnerjr