written by reader This 46-Year-Old CEO Bets $44.2 Billion on One Stock

By audi4cc, August 8, 2018

What Stock is Motely Fool. Here are some clues:
Currently, this company has:
•over 1 billion users on their social networking platform
•grown cloud computing over 150%,
•one of the top video streaming platforms in the world
•the top news service in the world
•the most powerful gaming divisions in the world, doubling Sony’s revenue in 2017

Alex
Alex
August 19, 2018 2:49 pm

Sounds like Facebook to me

Alex
Alex
August 19, 2018 2:55 pm

I take that back, it’s Google. CEO is 46. YouTube (owned by google) has over 1 Billion users. They check the cloud computing box, they’re everyone’s first stop for news and answers

DiveDoggy
DiveDoggy
December 28, 2018 10:37 am
Reply to  Alex

Alex is right, but the only problem is that Sundar Pichai has sold 360,000 shares since 2016, including 180,000 shares in 2018 alone. He currently holds 505 shares of GOOGL and 70,377 shares of GOOG.

Paul
Paul
August 19, 2018 7:27 pm

I doubt that it’s Facebook – I don’t think the numbers match… Isn’t there a Chinese company with both gaming and social networking? 2U-something or Tencent or whatever…

Chinese companies make me nervous for investing – accounting fakery up the wazoo, reverse mergers, the possibility of the government making massive changes, arresting CEO’s, whatever they feel like…

Paul
Paul
August 19, 2018 10:35 pm
Reply to  Paul

I didn’t see the Google remark before, but that makes a lot of sense to me, especially with the 46 year old CEO and the $44 billion magnitude narrowing down the field quite a bit.

Dan
Dan
December 9, 2018 12:59 pm
Reply to  Paul

The article said it was a company most likely haven’t ever heard of