written by reader Tim Melvin’s Heatseekers

By scottyg808, September 29, 2018

Aloha Fellow Irregulars,

I’ve been receiving a lot of teasers over the last few weeks about Tim Melvin and his Heatseekers club. The hype is big from Max Wealth about his ”WAR and Cost of WAR” strategies as he claims 119 winners and no losers with an average return of 70%, ”Today, I’m the only undefeated strategist in the business. I’ve closed out 32 winning trade recommendations in a row. My average gain is 70%. And I haven’t taken a loss on a single trade”. He also claims a ”No Loser Guarantee”….”In other words, if I close a single losing trade over the next year, you can contact me and get a refund for every penny you paid for your membership”. The membership is $1,950 a year that: ”Once you become a member of Heatseekers, you’ll get a new Sabermetric recommendation from me every week for the next year, plus everything in the list below.
Heatseekers Video Broadcasts
Heatseekers Payout Alerts
Heatseekers Sabermetrics Compendium
Heatseekers Digital Enclave
Heatseekers Boardroom Meetings
Heatseekers Sacred Book Collection
With your membership, you’ll also get copies of my two latest works:
The Boring Way to Get Rich in the Stock Market
10 Tiny Banks with Huge Potential
Most of the info that I can Google on him is older information, and I have found out some information about a few newsletters that he has published over the years, but not anything that I can find about Heatseekers…so what’s the scoop?

Thanks,
Scotty G808

lasvegas
lasvegas
September 30, 2018 5:25 am

I joined his “banking on profits” newsletter, the results have been great, but he had a second newsletter called “deep value”, the results were disappointing after a lot effort he got to close it with almost no loses.
Recently he was complaining that the market was overheated and there was few oportunities to invest in it.
Hes “WealthMax” looks interesting but this advertising “…never hast lost money” it’s not true and makes me nervious.
But beeing fair I need to recognize that I learned a lot things with him….

Dave R
October 11, 2018 12:10 pm
Reply to  lasvegas

I think when they wrote he never lost money is that he doesn’t close his losers so the truth is no realized losers. I recall thestreet.com advertised something similar with Lenny Dykstra. How did that work out lol.

srh749
srh749
November 26, 2018 8:35 pm
Reply to  Dave R

Same as Warren Buffet…. you don’t make the money until you sell the stock! No wonder his sec’y pays more taxes than he does!

srh749
srh749
November 26, 2018 8:33 pm
Reply to  lasvegas

I have seen and heard a lot of false adevertising from “The Boys of Baltimore!” I don’t trust any of them!

David Boston
David Boston
October 3, 2018 1:26 pm

Tim is one of the few people that I think actually knows what he’s talking about. Basically, this is a value newsletter with a lot of qualifying analysis. It beats the hell out of whatever Agora Financial is putting out there.

His Banking on Profits newsletter has been very strong. By the math, it’s like a 100% return since 2013 on aggregate. The only downside to him is that he likes to rant about baseball constantly. He’s an entertaining guy, and I get the sense that he’s not blindly pulling stock recommendations out of a hat. Seems legit, swears by Ben Graham and Buffett, so that’s not he worst way to think.

Dave R
October 3, 2018 1:39 pm

He did well with buying a basket of microcap banks. However time will tell how he does with his new service

Dave R
October 8, 2018 1:23 pm

Im disappointed after his first 2 picks. How come I feel like his 100% record is going to be quickly broken?

srh749
srh749
November 26, 2018 8:38 pm
Reply to  Dave R

If he doesn’t sell the losers…. He will keep his record intact until they are worthless!

srh749
srh749
November 26, 2018 8:40 pm
Reply to  srh749

Also…. if he doesn’t sell the losers…. you have no claim to a refund after the first year, re his terms.

homercmu
October 24, 2018 10:50 am

tim melvin heat seekers never lost a closed investment for 119 times…. well.. i bought it.. ??? i followed his first 5 recomedations and they are all down… not a great amount.. but none have gone up.. beware…

saint stephen
October 24, 2018 12:07 pm
Reply to  homercmu

I like baseball, but I didn’t bite on his pitch. After reading these comments I’m glad I didn’t.

Tony S
Tony S
October 24, 2018 11:55 pm
Reply to  homercmu

Those big gain takes a long time frame to see the result from what I got from his presentation. As an example, from 2012 to now which is 2018. Or from 2015 to now, over 150% gain; over 350% gain.
The price of $2,000 to be a trusted subscriber is too steep for me to pay for his service. I have to figure it out on my own just like Tim did. I know the numbers have to do with the company’s earning report.

homercmu