Foxconn is ringing a bell in my head, wasn’t this the investment to create my retirement? I just saw where they pulled out of a 10 billion

by backoffice | January 30, 2019 2:48 pm

dollar deal. I guess that may have an effect on the outcome.

Source URL: https://www.stockgumshoe.com/2019/01/microblog-foxconn-is-ringing-a-bell-in-my-head-wasnt-this-the-investment-to-create-my-retirement-i-just-saw-where-they-pulled-out-of-a-10-billion/

1. 11901 |
    Travis Johnson, Stock Gumshoe
    Travis Johnson, Stock Gumshoe
    Jan 31 2019, 01:52:28 pm

Yes, FoxConn was (and still is) touted by the Oxford Club folks — the Wisconsin plant was part of the story, though not the biggest part.

And yes, the stock has been moving steady downward for more than a year.

Donna brown
      Sep 3 2019, 09:51:30 pm

I am new at the stock market. I was going to invest in Foxconn and wondered how long is long term? I am retired already.i want to see my money grow besides 2.5 in cd.Thanks Donna.

• 11901 |
        Travis Johnson, Stock Gumshoe
        Travis Johnson, Stock Gumshoe
        Sep 3 2019, 11:07:00 pm

Hard to guess, of course, and I’ve never found the company very interesting so I’m biased… but so far, it has spent 10+ years providing a dramatically worse return than the S&P 500, despite being the leading contract manufacturer and Apple’s key partner in iPhone assembly for pretty much all that time… so it might require a huge amount of patience.

2. Avatar
    James Fisk
    Feb 8 2019, 04:24:45 pm

I am totally confused about this company….there are 3 symbols now, HNHAF, HNHPF, HNHAY and then there is Foxconn FOXCOF. Personally I would like to make a small purchase as I believe in time this company has to rise much higher than the present price….but my question is this WHAT SYMBOL IS THE CORRECT ONE. HNHAF is listed as $2.27; HNHPF is listed at $4.63 One of the symbols is at $0.00 and FOXCOF (I could not find any pricing information.. Sure could use a little help on this one.

• 11901 |
      Travis Johnson, Stock Gumshoe
      Travis Johnson, Stock Gumshoe
      Feb 8 2019, 05:13:09 pm

HNHPF (sometimes changes to HNHPD during splits/dividends, then changes back) is typically the easiest way to trade Hon Hai/Foxconn for US investors (best liquidity), each share represents two shares in Taiwan. HNHAF I think represents a single share in Taiwan, but almost never trades.

• 176 |
      catherine
      Feb 9 2019, 12:14:48 pm

Travis updated an earlier article here: Alex Green’s “No. 1 Stock in 2019” — $3 “Single Stock Retirement Plan” trading under a “Secret Name”
      There are also over 200 comments now, which can be helpful in many ways.

What These Icons Mean