written by reader angels + entrepreneurs network

By wlcummings, July 17, 2019

This is a ”startup investing group” listing and discussing pre IPO startup investing. It is a group headed by Neil Patel and touted by Robert Herjavec. Are they a legitimate service.

John
John
July 18, 2019 7:22 am

A&E around and around the mullberry bush the monkey chased the weasle

marxdongjing
marxdongjing
July 20, 2019 7:15 pm

Each properly managed start up will be carefully protecting confidentiality and the interest of the seed investors and angels , and each basis point of participation is zealously defended by each of them to get the maximum out of the IPO: so where does this service get its information from and what participations could be for sale?

Henry palmer
Henry palmer
August 14, 2019 4:54 pm
Reply to  wlcummings

Im a new angel i need some help.

Jim Ryan
Jim Ryan
July 28, 2019 5:48 pm

Is A&EN legitimate? and how do I buy shares in one of their recommended start-ups?

Martin Laws
Martin Laws
August 8, 2019 9:18 am
Reply to  Jim Ryan

I joined this venture last week but will soon be asking for my money back once I received their “investors kit”. When I learned that you don’t buy shares but rather you give a company your banking info so they can ACA from from your account to theirs, I saw nothing but red flags. There are TOO many shell companies offshore to trust giving anyone my routing number and acct number. Be very careful on this one.

Lori Benoit
Lori Benoit
August 17, 2019 11:39 am
Reply to  Martin Laws

I’ve been a member for almost a month now. You make the investments through one or more online, independent crowd funding websites such as Republic, or Wefunder. Both will accept a credit card instead of banking account info. I’ve made a number of small investments in the $100 to $200 range using a CC. The paying service with Neil seems to give you his expertise on assessing these startups, and access to directly ask questions of the companies’ founders, as well as educational videos on angel investing. It was only $79 for the membership, and I’m pleased with the service and recommendations so far. These are start ups in the seed funding round, and one shouldn’t expect any return for 3 to 5 years. that’s the nature of angel investing, as I’ve learned.

11964